SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-18, 03:43 PM   #1
Artur Salwarowski
Iron Wolf Studio

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default UBOOT the board game - is it possible to create a reasonable tabletop subsim?

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I'd like to hear the opinion of subsim afficionados on a project that I've been working on for some time. We are launching a Kickstarter campaign tomorrow, hoping to raise funds for a board game that is trying to inject a tiny bit of the 'subsim spirit' into the world of board games.

As this is not a real subsim, I don't expect anyone here to be even remotely interested in backing it, so I hope this is not treated as a marketing ploy. If it seems so to anybody, then please delete and I apologize for the commotion. All that I would like to know is what you think of this formula and whether it at least remotely holds water

Not wishing to bore you to death with long introductions, I think I'm just gonna let you have a look

Oh, and please remember that the game is still in development

trailer

preview runthrough

playthrough

review

As you can see in the playthrough, certain game elements have not been fully implemented yet (air patrols, damage effects, and many other). What is more, at this point of development of the game, we could really use some advice on certain matters, such as attack and observation ranges (there is a lot of technical data around, but it's tough to base those things purely on numbers).

Last edited by Artur Salwarowski; 02-06-18 at 08:11 AM.
Artur Salwarowski is offline   Reply With Quote