SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-10-17, 02:07 PM   #1
stalintc
Seaman

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 4
Default [Scenario] Tinker, Tailor, Sailor, Spy

Hi everyone,

I have uploaded a new single mission for Cold Waters 1968 period named Tinker, Tailor, Sailor, Spy to the downloads section. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5235

It is currently a beta, as this is my first attempt and things look ok from what I have tested. The installation of the scenario is a bit fiddly, so make yourself familiar with the file structure and it is worth having a look at this doc under the Single mission section to understand the files http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=938593459

As this is an initial release, any feedback is welcome, especially about any issues you encounter which appear to be scenario based.

I hope you enjoy it.

******************FLASH FLASH FLASH**************************
Shots fired in Germany, state of war now exists between NATO and Warsaw Pact. ROE Weapons FREE on Warsaw Pact assets.

AGI Trawler reported North of Shetland Island coastal area.

Proceed to suspected location ID and engage, prevent escape of this vessel.

Additional contacts unconfirmed. Civilian shipping is in the area, do not engage unarmed vessels apart from any Trawler North of Shetland.

Primary Objective:
Sink AGI Trawler before it makes any attempt to escape.

Secondary Objective:

Prevent civilian losses

********************END END END*******************************

DESIGNERS NOTE: Due to limitations of the current version of Cold Waters, civilian shipping is modelled as large merchant vessels. While you will not be punished for sinking them, the designer considers this a failure.

The periscope and ESM mast will be your friend with the conditions of the sea in this location.

This scenario may take a long time to run through, so ensure you have sufficient time until a feature is introduced to save mid scenario, otherwise use time compression.

This scenario will be updated with additional features of mission editing as and when they become available.

Last edited by stalintc; 06-10-17 at 03:37 PM.
stalintc is offline   Reply With Quote