Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 04-22-10, 04:59 PM   #1
Petroleus
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Saitek X-65F, FSSB-modified Cougar? (other?)

Hey people, new guy on the block
A bit about me: I'm studying Aerospace Engineering and I decided to remind myself why I actually put up with all of the boredom(aka math) and confusion(aka math), namely: because life really doesn't get any better than an F-16 with full afterburner . The first action in this new quest for awesomeness was to gaze at our faculty's de-enginized F16 (druling), the second was to climb into the Fokker 27 cockpit and inspect and turn every button and knob I could find, guided by some startup-checklists I found, and the third was a promis to myself to get 'into' simming.

At this time Falcon is my primary waypoint, because realism is in my opinion the only thing that really counts (yes graphics are important too, but even on logarithmic scale they're waaay below realsm).

SO i've bought F4AF and downloaded FF5(.3), the former working fine, and the latter not yet. Having read about 16 of the 716 pages of AF's manual (yay) and with FF not yet working, I think OF is a good future goal , although I think it is inevitable I will switch to it, cause I want EVERY little switch to work!!!
I'm just starting out, no budget at this time (got myself a TM T-Flight Hotas X to get me going and professionally destroyed my baseball-cap to work with Freetrack) but it's good to have goals right?

So I've been looking around and seeing some niiizzee setups, yet I'm finding myself surrounded by either Cougar fan-for-life's, CH fan-for-life's and the new and perhaps unproven Saitek X-65F (also saw Logitech's G940 coming by), and I was hoping to get some comparison between these

In advance: realism is the shizz, so don't even start about things like Saitek Cyborg, cause it looks like ... I don't even know WHAT it looks like..

I think force sensing sounds awesome, but haven't found much experiences as to how nice they are with sims, so if you have a good reason why NOT to go for it, speak up!
Petroleus is offline   Reply With Quote