Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-10-10, 03:14 AM   #691
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Zeetadelle

Good night Mr Zeetadelle! I have cleaned my laptop removing 12 gigs of junk, defragged my hard drive in order to increase my fps and also I will disable my antivirus.I figure I might be able to get upwards of 12 to 14 fps.The only way to know is to try!

Warming the engine, loading shells and bullets, stocking up on benzin and sauerkraut and good to go!
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 04:34 AM   #692
BennoBoom
Swabbie

Hi'
Sorry for budding in,
Just one question . How does one clear the "Game Cache" ?
I have a small program called "Process" , will that do ?
Benno
BennoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 05:50 AM   #693
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Cache Folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennoBoom View Post
Hi'
Sorry for budding in,
Just one question . How does one clear the "Game Cache" ?
I have a small program called "Process" , will that do ?
Benno

Hi Benno,

Here it is

The Cache folder is in the T34vsTiger Hierarchy:

<drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\Cache

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 05:56 AM   #694
LcSummers
XO

Default Very nice news

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Thanks eddie and frinik for the encouragement concerning the fps. I couldn't
agree more, if the performance was like you described in comparison I would
have not made this level of progress with any support at all. And I definitely
would not have enjoyed playing it at all too.
So, I want to let everyone know that after I post this message I will be uploading the pre-Kursk Alpha file (275mgs) that has all the new stuff .
The Kursk missions will be very easy to install on top of this release and all
the fallowing changes will be built on top of the progress that this release
includes.
The upload will take 2.5-3.0 hours to complete and of course I will e-mail
all the members tomorrow morning (PST) with the link and pw.
The Kursk mission has made progress as well and I hope to have the latest
example completed very soon, perhaps as early as tomorrow as well. There is still a few things I want to do first.

Cheers

ZW

Hi ZW,

very nice. I am curouis what development you made. Hopefully not to much that fps will go up amnd my pc lifting off
May be i cant hold my pc any more it becomes a monster when my tanks are rocking.

Thanks, over and out

LC
Old 04-10-10, 06:02 AM   #695
LcSummers
XO

Default Finssh

Warming the engine, loading shells and bullets, stocking up on benzin and sauerkraut and good to go![/QUOTE]

Monsieur Frinic !

You forgot one thing.
Germany is "relativley" big, so you forgot beer and some Wihte sausages (Weisswurst) and Brezel with sweet mustard for morning pint (Fruehschoppen.)

Stock theese up too please if not we will have some troubles with Bavarian tankers.

Cheers

LC
Old 04-10-10, 09:47 AM   #696
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Food for thought....

Thanks LC I was forgetting the essentials. Also schnapps, a Mosel or two and some schwarzwalder schinken.Pretzels with sweet mustard OoOf I'd rather fight a KV85 with my bare hands..Thank you

Bavarian tankers? Tigers dressed with Dirndls?

What's that thing I see flying? An 88 mm shell? No! A flare? No! Ahhh it's LC's computer with those fast fps....

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 11:35 AM   #697
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Well Kameraden, the new pre-Kursk foundation release is in the mail (e-mail)
Make sure you check your spam folder if you have not received this new link
Although this is an Alpha and you find any bugs please post them ASAP.

All the best

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 12:28 PM   #698
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Thanks ZeeWolf!
I just tried to download it but the speed was slow to say the least.I will try again at a different time.
Looking forward to firing this up.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 12:58 PM   #699
Edward
Watch

Downloads: 186

Zeewolf

Just downloaded and tried out your Pre-Kursk Mod and it works and looks great!! A very nice improvement No problem with frame rates either.
Thanks for all your work on this one.

Just one question, how do you resupply/repair with the Hanomag??

Sincerely
Edward

Last edited by Edward; 04-10-10 at 01:12 PM.
Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 01:19 PM   #700
oilman
Watch

Default New member saying hello.

Hi. Just joined this forum today.

I recently bought Steel Fury and enjoyed it so much I went out and bought TVT. Not knowing the company had gone out of business etc etc. So I'm glad to see people working at polishing up and improving the game. I'm looking forward to being able to purchase Zeewolfs add on when it's ready.

The last tank sim I can remember trying was Panzer Elite on a 2XXMHZ PII. So that was a while ago. I now have a Pentium D. So modern sims like TVT, SF And IL2 work failry well. I usually play flight sims. IL2 in particular.

I wanted to throw in a few thoughts/ questions relating to siming in general while at it. Because there are a few guys here in addition to Zeewolf who know and understand coding. I do not.

I have often woundered why programers do not take more advantage of multi CPU's. And I mean multiple computers rather than just the new multi core cpu's. For example rather than running all the AI duties on the players computer. And usualy on one CPU. Why not spread things out over several computers. It seems to me there would not be much difference between this and a few guys playing in a LAN set up. A person can pick up (or probably has alread) computers in the 1-3 GHZ range for free, or almost free. And if the computer does not have to run sound or hi-quality video. Just a very simply windows screen to get the computer logged in to the LAN/game. Under these conditions I would think any P4 or equivilent could probably run a fairly complex set of scripts or whatever they are called to run one or several vehicals, planes or whatever. The local computer recycler ships out about a pallet of such computers a month in my small town. And I can have my pick for about $5 a piece. A person wouldn't even need a bunch of monitors. A VGA switch box (and an understanding partner) would do wouldn't it?

Additionaly I wounder if we will ever see games that blend together games like IL2, TVT and first person shooters. A lot of people answer this question with, "well you could play BF1942" and I do. But its an arcade game. Not a sim. I enjoy blasting ground targets with my IL2. But it would be even more fun if there were a thinking persons down there running the AA or other.

Hope spewing out all that does not get me in trouble for diluting the thread.
oilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 01:39 PM   #701
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Got the download just fine ZW, installed over the previous version with no problems!

Just started the first mission from the German side, and running just great! Thanks for all the hard work you have been putting into this sim, it really shows up well!

Will get back to you later on FR's and stuff.
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 01:50 PM   #702
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Zeewolf

Just downloaded and tried out your Pre-Kursk Mod and it works and looks great!! A very nice improvement No problem with frame rates either.
Thanks for all your work on this one.

Just one question, how do you resupply/repair with the Hanomag??

Sincerely
Edward
Hi Edward,
Here is the RE-SUPPLY INSTRUCTIONS
To use the resupply make certain you have your
"Mountain Brake" set to the "b" key. Then when the Hanomag or OpelBlitz
is within 20meters AND you are at a complete stop with the "b" key depressed
this will repair all the yellow damage and reload you. Also you will see the
"!" lite when your "b" key is right.

Let me know if it works

ZW
Old 04-10-10, 01:53 PM   #703
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Thanks ZeeWolf!
I just tried to download it but the speed was slow to say the least.I will try again at a different time.
Looking forward to firing this up.
I understand Chucky it is my hope that this is the last huge DLs for a very long time.

ZW
Old 04-10-10, 02:00 PM   #704
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman View Post
Hi. Just joined this forum today.

I recently bought Steel Fury and enjoyed it so much I went out and bought TVT. Not knowing the company had gone out of business etc etc. So I'm glad to see people working at polishing up and improving the game. I'm looking forward to being able to purchase Zeewolfs add on when it's ready.

The last tank sim I can remember trying was Panzer Elite on a 2XXMHZ PII. So that was a while ago. I now have a Pentium D. So modern sims like TVT, SF And IL2 work failry well. I usually play flight sims. IL2 in particular.

I wanted to throw in a few thoughts/ questions relating to siming in general while at it. Because there are a few guys here in addition to Zeewolf who know and understand coding. I do not.

I have often woundered why programers do not take more advantage of multi CPU's. And I mean multiple computers rather than just the new multi core cpu's. For example rather than running all the AI duties on the players computer. And usualy on one CPU. Why not spread things out over several computers. It seems to me there would not be much difference between this and a few guys playing in a LAN set up. A person can pick up (or probably has alread) computers in the 1-3 GHZ range for free, or almost free. And if the computer does not have to run sound or hi-quality video. Just a very simply windows screen to get the computer logged in to the LAN/game. Under these conditions I would think any P4 or equivilent could probably run a fairly complex set of scripts or whatever they are called to run one or several vehicals, planes or whatever. The local computer recycler ships out about a pallet of such computers a month in my small town. And I can have my pick for about $5 a piece. A person wouldn't even need a bunch of monitors. A VGA switch box (and an understanding partner) would do wouldn't it?

Additionaly I wounder if we will ever see games that blend together games like IL2, TVT and first person shooters. A lot of people answer this question with, "well you could play BF1942" and I do. But its an arcade game. Not a sim. I enjoy blasting ground targets with my IL2. But it would be even more fun if there were a thinking persons down there running the AA or other.

Hope spewing out all that does not get me in trouble for diluting the thread.
Welcome aboard Oilman

It is very difficult to sort out why developers do the things they do. However I do know TvT takes as much CPU and GPU as it can possibly
get so the system you have described amazes me that it would run
at all.

Sometimes there is no way out you will have to do it [Upgrade your PC]!

Cheers
ZeeWolf
Old 04-10-10, 02:34 PM   #705
Docholiday13
Nub

Default Membership ??

Hallo Zeewoolf

I own t he TvT and saw now that You created an addon for this game.
I love TVT but sometimess the bugs make me a little bit crazy.

So my questions:

1] Does Your Version ameliorate the "bug-problems" ??
2] are in Your, already released, version additional playabel tanks included ?
3] Is it possibel to become a member and to download Your "Creation"

thanks

Doc
Docholiday13 is offline   Reply With Quote