Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

<O>
Old 10-16-18, 11:58 PM   #17
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

I heard there's a gofundme to provide more mainstream journalists with free trips to the Saudi Consulate in Turkey.
Old 10-17-18, 09:53 AM   #18
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 343

well of course the mainstream (aka fake) news media is using this as yet another excuse to attack Trump since of course, everything revolves around Trump, but it turns out France, Britain and of course, Germany, is also restraining from attacking Saudi Arabia.

Quote:
While Britain, France and Germany issued a joint statement over the weekend in which they called for a “credible investigation,” none of the three countries have gone beyond the remarks so far voiced by the White House. If anything, they’ve been even less vocal.

While U.S. pressure on Trump has been bipartisan, in Europe, calls to punish Saudi Arabia have mostly come from opposition parties. Britain’s Labour Party pressed the Conservative government over the weekend to stop arms sales to the country “until they changed their ways,” said Labour foreign policy expert Emily Thornberry. While German observers have lashed out at Trump for refusing to punish the Saudis, German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s spokesman said the Khashoggi case and German exports to Riyadh were “two unrelated things.”

The European joint statement during the weekend made no reference to possible sanctions, and British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt later only said that the country would consider an “appropriate way to react” if the Saudis were found to be behind the writer’s disappearance.
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...-khashoggi.php

Trump is doing what every other President would do in the same situation, walking the fine line between castigating Saudi Arabia while not throwing the alliance overboard.

We also all know that if Trump was pushing for a severe punishment, i.e, cancelling the arms contract, imposing sanctions, that the mainstream (aka fake) news media would be blaming him for over reacting and reporting on the possible negative impact to the U.S. economy...
Old 10-17-18, 10:00 AM   #19
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Pompeo meets Erdogan over missing writer.

Quote:
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has held talks with the Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan about missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

The meeting in Ankara comes amid fresh allegations in the Turkish media that Mr Khashoggi was killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

On Tuesday, Mr Pompeo met Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman in Riyadh.

He said Saudi Arabia's leaders "strongly denied" involvement in the writer's disappearance.

Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said the meeting had been "beneficial and fruitful".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45887556

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-18, 10:33 AM   #20
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

odd that the translation of the transmission of the Apple watch has not made it to the White House via the CIA to inform the President of what happened in that room.

Not on CNN either ... news cover up

I feel sorry for the President having to go it alone against a friend in the Muslim world we can trust to defeat Iran if need so.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-18, 01:33 PM   #21
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

THE ONLY WAY OUT FOR THE TWO-FACED PRINCE IS TO SHIP THE 15 AGENTS BACK TO TURKEY FOR ADJUDICATION...OTHERWISE HIS PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY IS....CAMEL DUNG https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/world/middleeast/khashoggi-saudi-prince.html
Quote:
....But the presence among the suspects of an autopsy expert, Dr. Salah al-Tubaigy, suggests that killing might have been part of the original plan. Dr. Tubaigy, who maintained a presence on several social media platforms, identified himself on his Twitter account as the head of the Saudi Scientific Council of Forensics and held lofty positions in the kingdom’s premier medical school as well as in its Interior Ministry. He studied at the University of Glasgow and in 2015 he spent three months in Australia as a visiting forensic pathologist at the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine. His published writings include works on dissection and mobile autopsies.

Although there is no public record of a relationship between him and the royal court, such a senior figure in the Saudi medical establishment was unlikely to join a rogue expedition organized by an underling.
Dr. Tubaigy, whose name first appeared among reports of the suspects several days ago, has not publicly addressed the allegations. None of the suspects could be reached for comment.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-17-18 at 01:42 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-18, 03:35 AM   #22
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tigators-claim

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...killing-emerge

Dismembered alive, on a desk. And it all has been recorded.
So "embarrassing" when you cannot hide it, eh.

Saudis are important strategic partners, and oil has to flow. Then, Iran. "Saving face", lmao.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-18, 09:01 AM   #23
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jamal Khashoggi case: Liam Fox pulls out of Saudi summit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45904904

Old 10-18-18, 02:25 PM   #24
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
well of course the mainstream (aka fake) news media is using this as yet another excuse to attack Trump since of course, everything revolves around Trump, but it turns out France, Britain and of course, Germany, is also restraining from attacking Saudi Arabia.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...-khashoggi.php

Trump is doing what every other President would do in the same situation, walking the fine line between castigating Saudi Arabia while not throwing the alliance overboard.

We also all know that if Trump was pushing for a severe punishment, i.e, cancelling the arms contract, imposing sanctions, that the mainstream (aka fake) news media would be blaming him for over reacting and reporting on the possible negative impact to the U.S. economy...

Oh we got to include Fox News in the aka fake news too. They should be in the agriculture business, they spread so much BS all the time!! But that BS media outlet is the darling of Trump and his Trumpettes, can't say anything bad about it!! Hannity is so full of it, its coming out of his ears, and goofy Trump buys right into it!!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-18, 03:06 PM   #25
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

John Cardillo

Quote:
The left is far more concerned that a Saudi national was killed at the Saudi embassy in Turkey than they ever were that four Americans were killed at the American embassy in Benghazi

KERPOW!
Old 10-18-18, 05:27 PM   #26
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Dismembered alive?

That poor man
Old 10-18-18, 05:48 PM   #27
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
John Cardillo

KERPOW!

So, can we expect a more affirmative, decisive response from Trump than was exhibited regarding Benghazi?...

Hmm..., I seem to recall another instance of four Americans killed in a terror attack, soldiers, at that, and it was only a year ago, this month...

Timeline: How the Trump administration responded to the Niger attack --

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ttack-in-niger

History seems to make the possibility of Trump even doing anything is very, very slim to none...

At least he might, again, be able to get another laugh at the victim's expense:

Trump, aides on tape laugh about Niger ambush that left 4 US soldiers dead --

http://www.providencejournal.com/new...-soldiers-dead

<O>
Old 10-20-18, 07:30 AM   #28
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

So now we are being told that a fight broke out between Mr Khashoggi, who had fallen out of favour with the Saudi government, and people who met him in the consulate - ending with his death.

This coming from the same source that insisted for over two weeks that he left the consulate alive and well?

I'd be asking precisely what have they done with the body and where are its current whereabouts.

Old 10-20-18, 08:05 AM   #29
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'd be asking precisely what have they done with the body and where are its current whereabouts.
I have a suspicion that the body has 'disappeared'.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-18, 08:05 AM   #30
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

Which piece?