SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-18, 10:14 AM   #901
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586
Uploads: 0

Do you guys use SH3 commander still or no? or is there a patch being worked on?
avers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 08:32 AM   #902
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Crow's nest

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 12:48 PM   #903
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by avers View Post
Do you guys use SH3 commander still or no? or is there a patch being worked on?
I do use SH3Commander. Be aware there is a special version required to use for WAC, and a special way of installing and running it.

Even so, I do occasionally experience the random CTD when using Commander. I just had one three days ago, when starting the fifth patrol with my current Kaleun. I'd updated my patrol logs and crew lists for the forth patrol with SH3Commander, then started SH3 using SH3Commander, then awarded promotions, medals and qualifications in-game before starting the 5th patrol . . . and CTD.

Eight times.

I started SH3 using SH3Commander only the first time, and for the next 7 started using Sh3.exe. So the ninth time once I started SH3 I backed up the load game selection to the "after mission in base" (not sure of the exact wording) from the forth patrol, re-awarded promotions, medals, etc., then started the 5th patrol again . . .

Voila!

So SH3Commander (even using the special version for WAC) did something that SH3/WAC did not like. What that is, I have no clue.

I do know that WAC seems to act funny with Commander. For instance, if I select the GWX 8 hour fatigue model, when the game starts my crew experiences fatigue. If, however, I then save and load, they stop getting fatigued. I have no idea what else might be effected. For instance, I also have "Malfunctions & Sabotage" selected; I have no way of verifying if any malfunctions or sabotage effects are cleared if I save and reload. The same with randomized crush depth . . . which I have no intention of discovering my U-boat's crush depth!

So, no, you aren't the only one experiencing this. I don't think anyone, at this point in time, as any real clue what is causing the CTD when using SH3Commander.
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 09:43 PM   #904
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post
I do use SH3Commander. Be aware there is a special version required to use for WAC, and a special way of installing and running it.

Even so, I do occasionally experience the random CTD when using Commander. I just had one three days ago, when starting the fifth patrol with my current Kaleun. I'd updated my patrol logs and crew lists for the forth patrol with SH3Commander, then started SH3 using SH3Commander, then awarded promotions, medals and qualifications in-game before starting the 5th patrol . . . and CTD.

Eight times.

I started SH3 using SH3Commander only the first time, and for the next 7 started using Sh3.exe. So the ninth time once I started SH3 I backed up the load game selection to the "after mission in base" (not sure of the exact wording) from the forth patrol, re-awarded promotions, medals, etc., then started the 5th patrol again . . .

Voila!

So SH3Commander (even using the special version for WAC) did something that SH3/WAC did not like. What that is, I have no clue.

I do know that WAC seems to act funny with Commander. For instance, if I select the GWX 8 hour fatigue model, when the game starts my crew experiences fatigue. If, however, I then save and load, they stop getting fatigued. I have no idea what else might be effected. For instance, I also have "Malfunctions & Sabotage" selected; I have no way of verifying if any malfunctions or sabotage effects are cleared if I save and reload. The same with randomized crush depth . . . which I have no intention of discovering my U-boat's crush depth!

So, no, you aren't the only one experiencing this. I don't think anyone, at this point in time, as any real clue what is causing the CTD when using SH3Commander.
Where can i find the special version? The link in the 2nd post is just for a mod to go along with it.
Old 05-02-18, 12:45 AM   #905
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...51&postcount=4
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 06:35 AM   #906
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan View Post
Isn’t that link that says Sh3 commander just a mod you’re suppose to activate with Sh3 commander to add more features?
Old 05-02-18, 09:18 AM   #907
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

avers, It's not a new version of SH3 Commander. It's an add-on that is suppose to make SH3 Commander compatible with WAC. There is no special version of SH3 Cmdr, just the add-on.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 10:06 AM   #908
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Default modeling error

Modeling error: I believe it's a medium merchant, modern:

Old 05-02-18, 10:07 AM   #909
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
avers, It's not a new version of SH3 Commander. It's an add-on that is suppose to make SH3 Commander compatible with WAC. There is no special version of SH3 Cmdr, just the add-on.
i had that installed and it still was crashing every time i loaded the game from Commander.
Old 05-02-18, 12:02 PM   #910
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

I have been experiencing the same problems. I am not going to use Cmdr anymore.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 03:41 AM   #911
Snow Rose
Swabbie

Downloads: 108

Sh3 commander is such a good tool. Its a pity something in this mega mod is breaking it when so many other mega mods have successfully used it.
Snow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 05:30 AM   #912
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Hansolo will you add JFO ( just follow orders) I remember while wac 5.0 was still in development you mentioned it will be available or I was just reading something wrong?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 11:46 AM   #913
nik112
Captain

Downloads: 367

Hi
can i dissable radio messages ?

cheers
nik112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 02:14 PM   #914
nik112
Captain

Downloads: 367
Default problems

Hi all
Today i got this

instead of this

My firts thought was that something went wrong with the mep v6 installation. I dissabled the mod but the issue remain
Any ideas to fix it?

Cheers
nik112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 09:55 PM   #915
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Default BdU sending me home early?

I'm 2 days out of Wilhemshaven, and just sunk a C2 cargo ship. I've radioed in a patrol report, and the reply I get is "start return. home base as directed."?

This is actually the third time I've gotten that message under similar circumstances. What gives?

Last edited by schlechter pfennig; 05-07-18 at 10:17 PM.