SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-23-16, 06:19 AM   #646
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi Guys
I am sorry you have had no replies the reason being, nobody knows.
Send your query to this email address and you will get a reply within a day or two.
urmel@lsh3.com
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-16, 09:24 AM   #647
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6Intruder View Post
I have the same Problem with german version. Do i also have to change the Portname from 771=Konstanza in 771=Konstanzay
Best regards
SH3/data/Menu/en_menu.txt
760=Constanza
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-16, 12:08 PM   #648
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
SH3/data/Menu/en_menu.txt
760=Constanza
Thanks for your Awnser but why 760? 760 is Trondheim!

My de_menu. text:
750=Kiel-Tirpitzhafen; BD30
751=Brest
752=Wilhelmshaven
753=Lorient
754=St. Nazaire
755=Bergen
756=Danzig
757=La Spezia
758=Toulon
759=Flensburg
760=Trondheim
761=Stralsund
762=Bordeaux
763=Ast. Penang
764=Buenos Aires - Marineversorger "Eutin"
765=Salamis
767=Kaseburg
768=Kiel-Kilianbunker
769=Narvik; BD
770=La Rochelle
771=Konstanza
772=Kobe
773=Surabaya

Best regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-16, 12:24 PM   #649
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Guys
I am sorry you have had no replies the reason being, nobody knows.
Send your query to this email address and you will get a reply within a day or two.
urmel@lsh3.com
Peter
[IMG]file:///C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Dear THEBERBSTER: thanks again for your support here!
At first: i’m not able to answer all L/SH3 questions here.
My englisch language is far limited.
Anyway - i try to give my best here...
Urmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-16, 12:50 PM   #650
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6Intruder View Post
Thanks for your Awnser but why 760?
Best regards

Fountainhead! The original SH3.
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-16, 12:52 PM   #651
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik112 View Post
3 days no reply???

Von:ΝίκοςΠαραλόπουλος [mailto:paralnik@ath.forthnet.gr]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 20:12
An:
urmel@lsh3.com
Betreff: Questions

Hi , i have 2 quests for you
1/May i delete all jap ships and planes for better loading times. You think that i'll be in troubles?
2/ MFM mod is compatible?
Thanks…
Hi nik112

You contact me by mail (and i answered your twice) now i give you a official answer here.

- Never change a running SH3/LSH3 Supermod Installation
- Never change/delete some files

Greets by Urmel
Old 10-24-16, 01:05 PM   #652
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Hi Anvar1061 and A6Intruder
Mabe this is the right time to talk seriously about the future of SH3!?
If u feel the same... please contact me (urmel@lsh3.com)
Tnx, Urmel
Old 10-24-16, 03:38 PM   #653
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

… by the way…

I like to bring back one of the greatest SH3-Movies ever made by Mr. Fleck:

» " "

» “All Mr. Flecks SH3 movies available here

Greets, Urmel
Old 10-24-16, 06:53 PM   #654
THEBERBSTER

Awesome.
Old 10-31-16, 07:46 AM   #655
Pomf666
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

First a quick question to anyone, starting my first LSH campaign. I started in Kiel port at that start of the war with a Type VIIB (forget which flotilla, but I think 7th? because I didn't want to do 1st and be stuck on type IIB for the start of the war [already did 2 campaigns in the past starting with them]).

Anyways, after a few patrols, I applied for transfer to 1st flotilla so I could get Brest base once Germany took over France. I found out later LSH takes 5 patrols to do xfer, not just immediately like vanilla, which is fine, but when I got xfer'd mid patrol I was surprised to arrive at Brest and still not have the option of buying a Type VIIC. I figured maybe I have to wait until I do a full mission from the base, but still no dice. I have continued missions and it is now Dec. 1940 still no option. I am wondering if my xfer messed it up or is this just how it works?

Turns out I am starting my 12th patrol in Jan. 1941, so if I don't get the option to buy a VIIC by the next patrol, then I definitely think something is wrong, but maybe someone knows if this is just how late it takes to get the VIIC or what for LSH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingGrandad View Post
I'm very much enjoying LSH3 so far - excellent work!!

Many nice features. Very impressed with the environment lighting - especially at night!

I have found a potential bug to do with ship spawns: On patrol, March 19 1940, Grid AF78, I encountered 2 x US S-Class subs within a few miles of each other, heading east. Both boats had the US flag and were marked as enemies on the map (red sub target icon). I know the USN operated S-class boats in the Atlantic in WW2 , but it seems historically wrong/odd to have US Navy subs patrolling between Scotland and Norway before the USA even entered the war. And also any US subs should be classed as Neutral targets, not Enemy targets.

Also, I launched a torpedo at one of the US subs. It hit the sub amidships, big explosion. The sub stopped moving but did not sink (I waited 24 hrs). Surely a torpedo hit like that should be more than enough to sink any sub?
I have seriously started my first LSH campaign now too, (just starting 12th patrol), and I too, came across 2 S-Class subs north of Scapa Flow on the same patrol, maybe 10th patrol, sometime in 1941 but before USA entering.

I often do manual sound detection work while going to patrol zones, and came across the most faint and unique sound I have ever heard in SH3. Since the sound was so faint it was quite a feat to track it down and when I discovered what it was I was really amazed I found it at all.

It was a S-class sub that was SUBMERGED, periscope up, but with the rest of the boat underwater, because of this, there was also no contact box on the map, regardless of how close I got. Since, S-Class was used both by UK and USA navy but since USA did not enter the war yet, I figured it was British (there was no flag since the sub was submerged). Since this was a new experience for me, I decided to try to attack the sub, figuring it for British, motivated by the background knowledge (IIRC) that Brit subs did cause a few problems for the Germans and also IIRC there was at least one sub to sub torpedo attack in the war (although they didn't hit each other).

Anyways, because how I chased down the S-Class, I came up behind it and decided to continue to do so as to be in it's sound blind-spot (didn't know how realistically LSH would model submerged AI subs).

I had to set my torp depth very deep in order to have a chance of hitting (I think I did 12-16 meters). I fired 1 torp and hit the back but just fore of the propeller. It did not destroy the sub... but clearly crippled it badly. I fired another one and that sunk it, making it sink toward crush depth.

After this I continued my patrol and then was returning to port after a convoy attack, and around the same area as the first sub, I found another one, S-Class, but this time the sub was surfaced, so it showed up as a red box and indeed the flag on the sub was USA.

Now, before hearing your post, I assumed that the first sub I sunk was maybe a USA one, during neutral time, which IIRC SH makes a neutral country attacked by Germany as hostile (red) until the end of the patrol and then resets. So, I thought the first S-Class was USA based on that info and assumed that is why the 2nd USA sub that was surfaced and confirmed USA due to the flag was red box hostile.

But now I hear your story, I am more confused. Maybe someone with more knowledge of LSH and/or real WW2 sub history can give some more context and information? Yeah, US Subs did stuff during WW2, but around the UK? Did that ever happen? BEFORE entering the war?

Or maybe it is indeed just a bug...?

Also, I agree that one torpedo, pretty much regardless of where hitting should sink a S-Class sub, they are so small...how could it possibly survive anything more than 1 torpedo hit??
Pomf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-16, 09:14 AM   #656
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Pomf666! A trifle belatedly; but I love the numbers in your name!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-16, 11:32 AM   #657
THEBERBSTER

Hi Pomf
The Type VIIB is available from the first test patrol through SH3Commander rather than accepting the default Type IIA.
The 2nd Flotilla is based in Wilhelmshaven and moves to Lorient in July 1940.
The 7th Flotilla is based in Kiel and moves to Brest in July 1940.
The Type IXB becomes available before the VIIC.
The radio message for VIIC boats becoming available appears on 1st May 1940.
New bases are also informed by radio message showing the your U-boat number and then can be transferred to.
Looking at your current playing date the VIIC should be still available even if not selected.
All available boats should be able to be seen in the Office using the U-Boat Management Desk.
Like you I am in the 7th Flotilla and I transferred from the Type VIIB to choose the IXB over the VIIC because of it's torpedo carrying capacity.
And long distance you are given to patrol.
Peter

Old 11-01-16, 03:03 AM   #658
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Icon14 LSH3 == Very nice MOD!

I finally got tired of all the problems in Silent Hunter 5 and decided to try LSH3 2015 for the past 2 weeks now and wow. It is so nice to run several missions without a single CTD.
The LSH3 gaming atmosphere is fantastic. I haven't even had one single "WTF" moment in the past 2 weeks except for a couple ships taking 24+ hours to sink.

I did replace a few RED lights with BLUE lights for the Type VII Interior (Hydrophone Room, Radio Room, Captains Bed, Dining Table, Over Attack and Navigation charts, Over Crew Management) so 7 blue lights total. I wanted to do the same in the Fore/Aft torpedo rooms but there is no Camera position for those rooms.

Halo_xx changes:
Code:
ParticleGenerator --> BitmapParticle --> [0] --> Color [6] --> [0] --> Color = 255, 153, 0 --> 5, 3, 225
Ambient Light changes for Control Room, Radio Room and Conning Tower: (Need 1 small BLUE Light over Attack Map in CT)
Code:
AmbientLightCR/RR/CT = 255, 255, 255 --> 225, 225, 225 to soften illumination.
InteriorLight - NightLightColor 106, 0, 0 --> 100, 30, 100 so blue lights illuminate their respective area's.
The lighting looks decent but I am sure the lights can be tweaked a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingGrandad View Post
I have found a potential bug to do with ship spawns: On patrol, March 19 1940, Grid AF78, I encountered 2 x US S-Class subs within a few miles of each other, heading east. Both boats had the US flag and were marked as enemies on the map (red sub target icon). I know the USN operated S-class boats in the Atlantic in WW2 , but it seems historically wrong/odd to have US Navy subs patrolling between Scotland and Norway before the USA even entered the war. And also any US subs should be classed as Neutral targets, not Enemy targets.
I just checked ~\data\Roster\DefSide.cfg and date settings look fine for America.
Code:
[SideEntry 4]
Country=American
Side=0
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19411210

[SideEntry 5]
Country=American
Side=1
StartDate=19411211
EndDate=19450825

[SideEntry 6]
Country=American
Side=0
StartDate=19450826
EndDate=19451231
Regards!
TheBeastBelow

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 11-01-16 at 04:42 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 05:36 AM   #659
THEBERBSTER

Hi TheBeast
Welcome aboard LSH-2015
The game has a large range of difficulty levels by using:
Dedicated Mods
HSIE patch
SH3Commander
Game Play settings
I play SH3 and 5 on alternative evenings and its nice to be able to go from a VIIB in 5 to a IXB in 3.
Hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I do.
Full range of tutorials in my signature if needed.
Peter
Old 11-02-16, 02:07 AM   #660
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default [TEC] Question

I do have a question that I am hoping someone on the LSH3 team may be able to answer.

Using 2 Depth Dial Control's and 2 ParticleGenerator Control's per Halo, would it be possible to have some Red Night Lights turn to Blue Night Lights when diving down below say 20 meters?
Then the opposite, Blue Night Lights turn back to Red when rising above 20 meters?

Or does the controller stay disabled once turned off by the dial control?

Please Advise!
TheBeastBelow

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote