SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-08-09, 04:38 AM   #61
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl View Post
Thanks to you guys for the support after about 1 year and a half, otherwise the mod would have died in its sleep a while ago
Its the least we could do to support your magnificent work...Looking forward to the release date!

The screens are amazing. Keep up the good work!

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-09, 04:38 PM   #62
Manpegao
Swabbie

Downloads: 18
Default It´s great...!!

After a few months without playing, i decided to began again with the Sb 1.7 and GWX 3.0...but only get errors...in any year and any way. But....when i tried with the lite mod...¡¡¡great!!! It goes wonderfull... only using "community units", "SB 01 mod lite" and "SB S-38 Class"...I´m happy again!

Mikhayl and Asanovic... thank you, very, very much for doing a great and incredible job for all of us.

I´m nervous waiting SB 2.0.... and sure that i´m not the only one!!! But i´ll be patient. Enjoy and take your time... this way, finally, all of us will enjoy your great job and the new SB mod.
Thanks again fron Spain.
Manpe 24Flotilla
Manpegao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 11:59 AM   #63
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Default HEY!!

Does anyone know where is mikhayl??
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 02:01 AM   #64
linerkiller
Captain

i'm asking myself the same...he's offline since mid september...i hope he's ok

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
Old 11-20-09, 09:23 AM   #65
asanovic7
Captain

Default hmm

Yep, no word from him in a long time...
There are three reasons for that to happen: I hope the worst reason out of three is not the one..

Cheers!

p.s. I am currently fixing comp, I'll take a look at the 1.7.. I have some stuff for 2.0, but don't know what where and how without mikhayl. I mean I could inc. it, but mikhayl should let me know what where and how.. Nevermind the 2.0 which will be standalone, 1.7 is for gwx, so I will try to update it.

SH5? My machine is not for such achievements
Old 01-04-10, 12:38 PM   #66
frontkampfer
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Default Question on SH3 & S-boote Mod

I am hoping someone can help me. I have SH3 and I would like to install the S-boote Mod. SH3 needs to be reinstalled on my PC so everything would be a "clean install". My question is, do I install SH3 then the S-boot mod or is there other mods that need to go first? Any advice appreciated!
frontkampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 12:56 PM   #67
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Hi frontkampfer,

I think that this mod works only on top of GWX3 so you need that one too.
Old 01-04-10, 08:40 PM   #68
frontkampfer
Swabbie

Is that the only mod I need or are there others? Sorry to be a PITA but is there a link? I would really like to play this mod but I am a real newbie. Any and all suggestions, advice, help appreciated!
Old 01-05-10, 09:09 AM   #69
linerkiller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontkampfer View Post
Is that the only mod I need or are there others? Sorry to be a PITA but is there a link? I would really like to play this mod but I am a real newbie. Any and all suggestions, advice, help appreciated!
if you look in the stickies you'll found the ultimate release, it's a beta but it's playable.
good hunting
LK

Old 01-05-10, 12:22 PM   #70
frontkampfer
Swabbie

Default S-Boot Mods

Ok, This is what I understand is the SW to play the S-Boot mod:

SH3
GWX3
SBMOD17.7z

I see in earlier posts on this thread references to:

RB sh4 effects fo sh3 v7.1
rcbsh4efftssboot file
MFM 4.1
Torpdeo damage final v2.0

Do I need these also? Are there any others that I have missed that I should include? Finally, what does CTD stand for?

My apologies again but I am trying to do it right!
Old 01-05-10, 03:54 PM   #71
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Ok, This is what I understand is the SW to play the S-Boot mod:

SH3
GWX3
SBMOD17.7z
Yup, you should be fine running that.

Quote:
RB sh4 effects fo sh3 v7.1
rcbsh4efftssboot file
MFM 4.1
Torpdeo damage final v2.0

Do I need these also? Are there any others that I have missed that I should include?
No, as far as I know those are simply optional mods that make it look nicer.

Quote:
Finally, what does CTD stand for?
Crash To Desktop

Quote:
My apologies again but I am trying to do it right!
No apologies at all!!! Please ask whatever you want to know, and don't be shy about it! We are here to help everyone enjoy these fine games and have a good time here.
Old 01-10-10, 05:37 PM   #72
frontkampfer
Swabbie

Default Mod loaders

I've installed SH4 with the 1.4 patch and have GWX3 downloaded and ready for install. My question is: To get the S-Boot mod to work do I need a mod loader (like JSGME or SH3 Commander)? I am holding off loadinf GWX3 to see which one is recommended for S-Boot!

I am a big fan of naval surface warfare and have been looking for a game/mod like S-Boots and I really want to play it hence my desire to get this mod to work. However, I am a real novice when it comes to SH3. So any suggestions as to how to play the S-boot mod?

Any help/suggestions appreciated and thanks in advance!
Old 01-11-10, 10:10 AM   #73
asanovic7
Captain

Default woo

Hmm..

Well.. I don't get it why are you holding on install of gwx3.0? If you want to play gwx 3.0 play it..
This mod you can install with jsgme and jsgme is just "replace/make backup of replaced file/mod" installer.. so, you install this mod, and when you see alot of ctd's, you can go back to gwx3..
If you just play with jsgme you will figure it out.. Install it, and you will get mods folder.. When you make a new folder in mods folder, add some file in the folder and see what happens. Yep, that file will be copied into that same foleder where is mods. So, try with folder structure..

For this version which is "far from perfect" you need to install this mod via jsgme, copy files for sh3 commander into sh3 commander(you can use jsgme also for sh3commander, in fact for every goddamn folder you want).. And then choose some year in sh3 commander and play..

There are a couple of things you ought to know..
1. this is not perfect.. people report of ctd's but I think main reason is because there is no readme.. the fact is, I do have to revise it... i think the problems aaaaaaaaaaare so small that it amazes me noone tried it to repair..
2. then you have a mikhayls complete standalone mod, search on sboot thread, which and but is better for you to avoid it.. Not because it is bad.. Because you will die installing it..
3. Maybe it doesn't need gwx 3.0 try it..

Cheers!
Old 01-12-10, 06:29 AM   #74
linerkiller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7 View Post
Hmm..

Well.. I don't get it why are you holding on install of gwx3.0? If you want to play gwx 3.0 play it..
This mod you can install with jsgme and jsgme is just "replace/make backup of replaced file/mod" installer.. so, you install this mod, and when you see alot of ctd's, you can go back to gwx3..
If you just play with jsgme you will figure it out.. Install it, and you will get mods folder.. When you make a new folder in mods folder, add some file in the folder and see what happens. Yep, that file will be copied into that same foleder where is mods. So, try with folder structure..

For this version which is "far from perfect" you need to install this mod via jsgme, copy files for sh3 commander into sh3 commander(you can use jsgme also for sh3commander, in fact for every goddamn folder you want).. And then choose some year in sh3 commander and play..

There are a couple of things you ought to know..
1. this is not perfect.. people report of ctd's but I think main reason is because there is no readme.. the fact is, I do have to revise it... i think the problems aaaaaaaaaaare so small that it amazes me noone tried it to repair..
2. then you have a mikhayls complete standalone mod, search on sboot thread, which and but is better for you to avoid it.. Not because it is bad.. Because you will die installing it..
3. Maybe it doesn't need gwx 3.0 try it..

Cheers!
Hi asanovic! Have you already tried the new S-Boot Mod 2.0?

Old 01-14-10, 07:27 AM   #75
frontkampfer
Swabbie

Default Totally confused

I want to thank everyone for being so patient in helping me. I really do appreciate it!

However, I am totally confused. There is an S-Boot v1.7 & a 2.0? Is the 2.0 version out?

If I understand what everyone is saying I should install the JSGME, GWX3 then the v1.7 mod. Correct?

Sorry agaijn for being dense!