SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-18, 10:24 PM   #1
Javigato
A-ganger

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default Help! Installed Sh3+GWX+mods causes the game to crash

Hello. I hadn't played in a couple of years, and got a new laptop since then. Anyway, I couldn't find my old disc so I got the amazon download version (it looks like it is patched, it said 1.4 in the lower hand side).

After installing the base game, I ran it once and it worked fine. Except when I exited windows had a pop up saying if it had run correctly (Im guessing that was in compatibility mode).

Then I installed GWX and when I ran it, it open fine but when loading a new career, it crashed.

I went back and selected compatibility mode in XP Sp3 and ran it again. This time the career loaded.

Now, if I add any mods using JSGME (I tried a few) they game crashes each time when loading a career.

Any ideas on how to get this to work? Thanks!
Javigato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 12:22 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

What mods are you running? If you're using the Merchant Fleet Mod you need the 4-GB patch. If you don't have 4 gigs of RAM to start with, you might need to buy more memory.

Other than that, my advice would be to uninstall all the mods and reload them, one at a time. Load one, test it, load another, test it. If it's a mod conflict this procedure should tell you exactly which mod is causing the conflict.
Old 09-20-18, 04:46 AM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi J
Windows 10 is not compatible with SH3 so run in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Running your applications as administrators will stop your game crashing before it reaches the Command Room.
Post #6 Running Other Applications As Administrator's > Pictorial > Missing pictures replaced

Make sure your gpu is correctly setup for Silent Hunter
Post #7 Changing Nvidia And AMD Radeon GPU Settings > Pictorial > Missing pictures replaced

You may also need to make this fix.
Post #59 Override High DPI Scaling Behavior Graphic Fix > Pictorial
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 09:31 AM   #4
Javigato
A-ganger

Downloads: 35

Thanks guys. It crashed whenever I enabled a mod. I tried the Thonsem mod by itself, and it crashed. Then I tried another one, same thing. So, it was base install+GWX+Any mod individually.

I will try the Windows 7 compatibility mode and the other suggestions. Worst case, I will try starting over by uninstalling and reinstalling it.
Javigato is offline   Reply With Quote