Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-19, 01:22 PM   #211
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

When the light is failing and your headlights need to be on... just notice how many of those cars without lights on are being driven by women
Old 01-14-19, 03:04 PM   #212
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
When the light is failing and your headlights need to be on... just notice how many of those cars without lights on are being driven by women
Pfft my wife can't see anyway at dark with all those oncoming lights blinding.. it is just regard for the coming cars that she does not turn them on.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 01-14-19, 06:26 PM   #213
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

That makes sense, should be more conscientious drivers like that!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online  
Old 01-15-19, 01:30 AM   #214
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

You can joke but it might well be true in some cases
Old 01-16-19, 07:37 AM   #215
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

One thing that gets me mad is some dumb drivers whom's car lights have too be on full blast so I get blinded! Yes its dark but not wall to wall fog! Every time I walk home from work I get blinded and everyone else as well..TURN THOSE LIGHTS ON A LOWER SETTING YOU LOT!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 01-17-19, 01:39 AM   #216
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

I think a lot of the problem can be attributed to the growing popularity of HID/xenon/LED headlights. Why they are not regulated to not be as bright as high beams is beyond my comprehension.
Old 01-21-19, 03:46 PM   #217
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Default The Duke's a Hazard ??

This is just astonishing (but not at all surprising):

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8737066.html

The crash investigation is still under way and yet the injured passenger in the other vehicle is being freely described as a victim deserving of an apology from the Duke of Edinburgh. Yes... incredibly, she is complaining that no apology has been made to her by the Duke, when the first thing we are told to remember after we've been in a prang is to NOT ADMIT LIABILITY! I could understand all this if he'd said he was taking a nap at the time of the accident... but I don't think he did

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...e-of-edinburgh

In this second report the "victim's" vehicle is first described as slamming into the Duke's Land Rover, then later in the same article the Duke's vehicle "ploughed into the Kia". These people, who can't even agree with themselves what they think happened during this incident, have then to admit that the investigation is still ongoing..... I wonder what the woman driver's insurance company makes of all the public allegations and descriptions being made to the press?

Watch this space...

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 01-21-19 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-22-19, 08:56 AM   #218
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
"We could see the Land Rover about 150 yards away from us at a junction, then it started to move".

The crash happened as Philip’s Freelander pulled out of a side road on to a stretch of the A149.

Kia slammed into the duke’s Land Rover when he pulled out into a main road.

“He looked so worried and told me ‘I’m such a fool’,”

Philip was overheard telling police he had been “dazzled by the sun”.
Self explanatory really

Quote:
Yesterday the duke was back behind the wheel alone and without a seatbelt.

The Prince, who told a passer-by that he had blinded by the sun, was yesterday (SAT) seen driving in the Sandringham estate, near where the accident happened, in a replacement Land Rover Freelander which he collected on Friday. The duke was wearing sunglasses.
Dear oh dear, some people will never learn but one thing in his favour...he was wearing sunglasses.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-22-19, 11:06 AM   #219
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default ''THE DUKES OF HAZARD''

Quote:
Self explanatory really. Dear oh dear, some people will never learn but one thing in his favour...he was wearing sunglasses.
PERHAPS HE'S SIMPLY "STAYED TOO LONG(97) AND HE'S GOTTEN SLITTY- EYED...FROM THE SUN!' https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-philip/8544598/Duke-of-Edinburgh-defends-slitty-eyed-gaffe.html IN CALIFORNIA THIS WOULD BE GROUNDS FOR A ELDER DRIVING ASSESSMENT TEST https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/about/senior/driverlicense/reexam BOTH OF MY PARENTS WERE DEMENTIA CASES; AND AFTER ONE ACCIDENT WITH MY DAD DRIVING AND A DISAPPEARANCE IN HIS CAR FOR A DAY REQUIRING A POLICE A.P.B, I REMOVED MY DAD'S KEY FROM HIS RING AND PUT A DUMMY KEY FROM THE DEALER ON IT-(HE NEVER FIGURED OUT "WHY THE DAMN CAR WOULDN'T START") AND, LATER, IN MY MOM'S CASE WHEN SHE STILL TRIED TO BACK OUT OF THE GARAGE (WITH THE DOORS OPEN EVEN THOUGH HER YOUNGER KIDS HAD EMPLOYED A DAILY DRIVER) I SMPLY PULLED THE ROTOR OFF THE DISTRIBUTER AND THE OLDSMOBILE SAT FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS TILL DONATED TO A CHARITY; THIS SAVED THEM FROM LAWSUITS TO PRESERVE THEIR RETIREMENT FUNDS, HOUSE...AND SOME DIGNITY.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-22-19 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-22-19, 11:47 AM   #220
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-22-19, 12:18 PM   #221
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

I merely point out the folly of making public pronouncements and assumptions even before an investigation has been completed: to illustrate this I might say that in some accidents a collision could occur only because the brakes of a vehicle approaching a hazard are defective through poor maintenance. All such things need to be considered before a final assessment can be properly arrived at

So when assessing culpability, it needs to be remembered that accidents sometimes occur as the culmination of the actions of several parties and not just one
Old 01-22-19, 04:55 PM   #222
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Why is that old fart driving around at his age! What next a spot of duck hunting as he drives along with a shot gun out the window.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 01-29-19, 07:41 PM   #223
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Old 01-29-19, 08:56 PM   #224
FullMetalADCAP
Gunner

Downloads: 25

As a former city cop for 12 years I can attest that women are NOT better drivers than men. They also get way more warnings than men do by far because most cops are men and give women a pass that they wouldn't give to another man.

So the statistics are VERY flawed, despite some articles claiming that statistics don't lie. Generally, when an article claims that statistics don't lie, they have some sort of agenda they are trying to push that distorts the reality.

And what isn't ticketed, didn't apparently happen, even if it really did. Statistics are very much flawed.

I worked more crash scenes involving a female driver at fault than the opposite. Many were texting and driving incidents. That's really shot up a lot with teenage girls and women in their 20s. Also, female DUIs have gone way up whereas males have come down some. Female road rage has also gone way up and males have come down some. Young males still account for more racing accidents and traffic deaths though but it's come down a lot compared to the past. As far as fender benders go, females still far exceed males on those. So as far as overall amounts of accidents, women account for the most. As far as accidents resulting in death, males still account for most of those, even if they didn't cause the accident that resulted in their death.

Men drive way more than women do. Many men have occupations that require them to be on the road more than women. Most pizza delivery drivers are men. Most plumbers are men. Most electricians are men. Most cable/Internet installers are men. Most truck drivers are men. Most police officers are men. Most taxi drivers are men. And so on. Men drive a lot more than women do on a daily basis and so it stands to reason that the more you drive, the higher your chances of getting into an accident or witnessing an accident are. Women either stay home most of the day or they go to a sit down cozy a/c job. They only have to drive from A to B and back to A each day. Many men go from A to B to C to D to E to F to G to H to I .... all the way to Z and then back to A each day.

Also, some women are often too cautious when they drive and this causes accidents - including those that result in males being killed. It's just as bad to be an over cautious driver than a reckless one. I've pulled over female drivers for going the speed limit when the flow of traffic was going 20 over. One woman told me she was trying to force the other drivers to slow down by using her car, and her speed, as way of forcing other drivers to slow down. Little did she know, this is a form of road rage. It's not your job to be trying to slow down other motorists on the highway by using your vehicle and your speed as blockade. It's a form of anger and you are what we call a "vigilante driver." When she admitted this to me, I had her step out of her vehicle and placed her under arrest for road rage. She was shocked to say the least and cried and whined the whole way to the jail and called me every dirty name in the book. "I was trying to do you and the rest of you pigs a favor you bleep bleep bleep." Yeah, sure you were lady. Welcome to the city bed and breakfast where no, you don't get to have it your way.

Has anyone else noticed or is it just me? But doesn't it seem like the attitude of the female sex has radically changed in the last 30 - 40 years? They have lost a lot of their femininity, class, and overall niceness. They seem to have developed a very ugly and highly entitled attitude. They are even more "masculinized?" in their attitude as if they are trying to act like they are tough. Kinda like "small man syndrome" or whatever it's called when a short guy acts super tough to make up for his smaller stature.

And OMG, they swear a lot more than before. I was in the U.S. Navy and I thought I swore a lot (cuss like a Sailor right?!) but these chicks today, seriously need a bar of soap shoved in their mouths. I'm not kidding! I'm not sure what's caused this attitude they have now? Guys on the other hand have seemed to tone way down. Is soy making guys more like girls and girls more like guys? Something bizarre is going on. I'd like answers! Maybe it's the Russians! Let's just blame them for everything!

Last edited by FullMetalADCAP; 01-30-19 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-30-19, 06:17 AM   #225
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

^ Thanks, buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Let the statistics stand, by all means; I fully appreciate that raw statistics are all the insurance industry and police have to work with, but I object to the way they are used, politically, to lecture us that women are better drivers. The insurers and police will know that... statistically... men spend far more time at the wheel than women; most cab, bus and truck drivers I've seen are men, so this must influence the statistics, but all on its own it surely gives the lie to the assertion that women are better drivers. if I produced a survey showing that far fewer men injured themselves with needles during sewing-bees, I couldn't then go around telling people that this showed men to be more skilful at sewing than women. Statistics are what they are... nothing more... if they show women to be involved in fewer accidents then that's all they show. It doesn't mean that women are better drivers
And:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=136