SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-28-18, 06:18 PM   #1
Erniud
Nub

Downloads: 88
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 LAN Multiplayer

Hello everyone, I'm a big fan of the silent hunter series. I want to ask for your help with an error in the multiplayer of Silent Hunter 3, as the servers of ubisoft have been closed, the alternative is multiplayer LAN, so my friends and I use the Tunngle platform, we can enter the room, we choose the modes within the game and when everyone is ready we start, but after a long loading period a message appears saying "The server has quit", we try many times and this message always appears. After much searching I do not find anyone with this error, I would very much like to play SH3 multiplayer since there are no wolfpacks in the game without mods, could someone help me with this error?

Erniud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 04:09 AM   #2
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Erniud at the steel sharks we play Multiplayer wolfpack missions on tunngle
to play SH3 Multiplayer on tunngle all players must have the same Campaign files best to use the blank Campaign file link below

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1082

Configuring Tunngle when you launch Tunngle in the bottom right of the screen is your smiley face red yellow or green
a red face your ports are not open yellow face some ports are open green all ports needed to run SH3 are open to host SH3
Multiplayer

How to Configure Tunngle when you launch Tunngle and go to SH3 Room click on options then tick us PNP box
click apply then exit tunngle then restart tunngle you should have a green smiley face and your tunngle is configured
to host SH3 on tunngle

Also would be best to have two installs of SH3 one for your Campaign and the other for your Multiplayer SH3 LAN games
Another issue is players using different Mods that alter the core game files
eg one player as a torpedo damage mod and the other players don't that will lead to A game crash so in short all players must have same files you mentioned very long loading times that tells me your all using different mods within your own SH3 Game Installs best to start with just your core install
eg stock SH3 or GWX3 withe blank campaign files either hard wired into SH3 data/campaigns/campaign or put it in the mods folder and activate that way
whichever way you choose all of you need to do it that way so your all identical

i live in north of England so i will be on same time line as you or GMT+1
i will be on tunngle tonight at 19:00 gmt and we can do some testing

Last edited by blackswan40; 03-01-18 at 04:47 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 05:45 PM   #3
CTU_Clay
The Lone Wolf

Downloads: 314
Icon14

Welcome to SubSim Erniud.

BlackSwan is a good person to help you get connected for on-line sh3. He knows his stuff.

“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” .
CTU_Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 04:01 AM   #4
Erniud
Nub

Thank you very much for the response, sorry for the delay in answering it.

I was a bit busy, but I went back to playing SH3 and I will do what you said, it should be a very good experience to play online, thanks for the welcome.
Old 09-25-18, 05:23 AM   #5
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Hi Erniud

Re SH3 Multiplayer things have moved on since my Tunngle post due to new privacy laws Tunngle has shut down.
You can still play SH3 Multiplayer with Evolve Link Below

https://www.evolvehq.com

once you have downloaded Create a account gaming name Password then download client software if you have Windows 10 when you login it says your offline shut down evolve then go to your control panel system device manager
network adapters evolve will have a yellow triangle Error go to advanced in the mac address box enter 0 then click ok and the Yellow Triangle has gone and when you login to Evolve it says your online and when you make a lan party you see your green online button and your ip for that gaming session
When you invite your friend he will have a similar ip to you just one digit more eg your ip 169.108.44.134 his ip 169.108.44.135 happy game hosting

blackswan40

Last edited by blackswan40; 09-25-18 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-19-18, 07:19 PM   #6
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Silent Hunter III Multiplayer may be up and running once again
Bowstring are launching a Kickstarter

https://www.backerkit.com/projects/b...lan-for-gaming

Last edited by blackswan40; 12-19-18 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-20-18, 04:59 AM   #7
Erniud
Nub

Hello blackswan40,

It looks like the Evolve platform is offline now. Thanks for the answers, have you managed to find another platform that supports the multiplayer LAN?
Old 12-20-18, 05:17 AM   #8
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Hi Erniud not at the moment pinning my hopes on bowstring
Old 12-20-18, 07:23 AM   #9
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Due to the nature of my character, I have no interest to play online with people, that I don't know personally.
So, for me Tinc is perfect solution!
Whit it I have private network, where I play multiplayer through LAN with friends.
Maybe, is not easy to install and setup for some people, but when is done, everything work perfect for years.
Old 02-11-19, 02:46 PM   #10
millertime
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 20

How about freelan? I'm going to try and get co-op set up. I'll post my results soon
millertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-19, 06:43 PM   #11
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

millertime!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 01:42 PM   #12
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Re SH3 Multiplayer the Steel Sharks Clan/Group tried Hamachi we installed the free version that allows up to five players ie the Network creator plus four other guests.
the Hamachi free version is not a trial so no time limit on usage but its limited to 5 users the standard paid version as 32 users costs $58 inc taxes for a one year subscription
I followed these instructions from youtube (the idiots lantern)
I disabled my bullguard firewall and windows defender fire wall then clicked on advanced then properties left domain alone but on private and public inbound changed (Block Default) to Allow then on Protected Network clicked the Customise button and unchecked Hamachi on both private and public then clicked apply on both
Then went back to windows firewall clicked on allow programme features through firewall then clicked on change settings then I browsed Hamachi on Local disc Program files x86 LogMeIn Hamachi then I clicked on Hamachie2
clicked on Hamachi client Engine clicked add ticked both boxes client and public
on the Hamachi tunneling engine then just came out
then I went to my network settings clicked on Hamachi
unticked the internet protocol version 6(TCP/IPV6)
clicked on internet protocol version 4(TCP/IPV4)
then clicked advanced then unchecked the automatic metric box then
changed the value in the interface metric box from 9000 to 1 then clicked ok came out hosted a SH3 GWX Multiplayer game the other two members could see my server in the SH3 Lan Lobby so fired up the game and had no problems.
then turned both firewalls back on rebooted pc and hosted another game all went well no problems.

I thought I would share this with the Subsim community because theres still interest in SH3 Multiplayer the Tunngle Evolve Lan may have gone west but as one door closes another door opens

Last edited by blackswan40; 03-05-19 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-05-19, 03:38 AM   #13
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Re Hamachi Multiplayer update playing multiplayer using different numbers in the metric box when we used 0-10.
Long range torpedo shots eg 2000mtrs plus would pass behind target when we used value 20 it was slightly better.
After watching another youtube video guide we then tried just ticking the automatic metric box and the value box blow had no value and was greyed out this helped a great deal.
Its todo with how fast your pc sends/receives and reads data from one another in your game also if you all have different operating systems that also effects how your eels run to target.
Setting it to Automatic configures the speed that is right for your rig.

Last edited by blackswan40; 04-05-19 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-10-19, 03:24 PM   #14
CTU_Clay
The Lone Wolf

Downloads: 314
wolf_howl15

Thanks for the update.

“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” .
CTU_Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 06:55 AM   #15
dessert fox
Watch

Downloads: 89
Default SILENT HUNTER MULTIPLAYER

Good day sailors our aim is to keep the silent hunter alive as many of us still love it, we created a multiplayer group on discord and we have successfully connected all players we host games weekly, if you are interested you may join here, thank you https://discord.gg/tqPgNqYfK6
dessert fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, lan, multiplayer, silent hunter 3, tunngle