Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-21, 01:37 PM   #1
GeoBro
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Default Need Help cant pull up charts

Hello, im playing sh5 wolves of steel and i get assigned patrol sectors or get asked to investigate a set of lat long cords but i cant pull up any charts to find them. I saw something say press e and you can toggle it but when i press e all i get is the book to identify ships and thats it. can anyone help?
GeoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 01:39 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

GeoBro!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 01:42 PM   #3
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

In the window that appears, after pressing the E key, scroll down the mouse wheel to find the required section of the reference book
Old 08-18-21, 02:23 PM   #4
GeoBro
Swabbie

Thats the thing no window appears when i hit e just the book
Old 08-18-21, 02:35 PM   #5
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

If you need to move to an area with given geographic coordinates, then you do not need to open the charts, because the degrees of longitude and latitude are marked on the map itself. If your task is to move in a square with a given number, then you can call the grid with the layout of the square: Maps & Map Tools ---> Grid Tool. Place a grid over the square and use the map scaling to match the grid dimensions to the square on the map. In my example, the grid is overlaid on square AN44. If I need square AN4410, then I need to move to the place surrounded by a yellow circle. If I need square AN4437, then I need to move to the blue circle. AN4473 - This location is marked with a green circle.

If you still need angular minutes, then open Maps & Map Tools ---> Nautical lat / long Chart.
Old 08-18-21, 02:44 PM   #6
GeoBro
Swabbie

the thing is that i cant open that user charts scrollable to get to that. thats what i need help with
Old 08-18-21, 02:44 PM   #7
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Perhaps your window has been minimized and / or moved off the screen (just like in my screenshot you can see only a small piece (tongue) of the Ship Recognition Manual on the left side of the screen). Look carefully around the edges of the screen.
Old 08-18-21, 03:10 PM   #8
GeoBro
Swabbie

as far as i can tell its not hidden anywhere and this is a fresh install of the game a wolves of steel. is there any button that could maximize it if it is minimized?
Old 08-18-21, 03:24 PM   #9
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I just did a full installation of TWoS 2.2.24 and everything is working correctly for me. By the way, I managed to drag the chart window off the screen so that even the edge of this window was not visible, that is, the chart window disappeared. Perhaps your only recourse is to reinstall the game.
Old 08-18-21, 03:36 PM   #10
GeoBro
Swabbie

i deleted the silent hunter 5 folder from my documents and steam folder is there anything else i have to delete?
Old 08-18-21, 04:01 PM   #11
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

After uninstalling TWoS, C: \ Ubisoft \ Silent Hunter 5 is never empty and needs to be manually cleaned.

If you do not have the game saves that you want to keep, then delete this folder too:
C:\Users\User\Documents\SH5
Old 08-18-21, 04:45 PM   #12
GeoBro
Swabbie

Thank you so much this helped me out alot now i can actually find where i need to go!!!! TIME TO HUNT