SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-12, 09:04 AM   #1
Lukas4186
Swabbie

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Need help with one Mission; Brauche Hilfe bei einer Mission

I come from a Silent Hunter 4 mission not just keep me to intercept a convoy in 26 days before it reaches its destination in Dampier, after a brief googling around to find out where Dampier is located. Did I put myself in the direction of Dampier, I have no idea from where the convoy will come and so I laid in wait in the harbor and extended the snorkel so I do not show up to fill up oxygition.

My plan is in my Opinion perfect but the convoy is just not coming, 4 days I used to go to Dampier and get to the Waiting Postion, well I am still waiting, at the Moming begins the 28 Day that I wait there but the convoy is just not coming.

Does anyone know how I can do the mission, or skip it?
Sorry for my bad english, I came from Gerany and we had summer Holidays here....

Best regards Lukas

Ich komme bei einer Silent Hunter 4 Mission einfach nicht weiter ich soll einen Geleitzug abfangen in 26 Tagen bevor er sein Ziel in Dampier erreicht hat, nach kurzem googlen um raus zu Finden wo das ist hab ich mich in Richtung Dampier begeben, da ich keine Ahnung hab von wo der Geleitzug kommt hab ich mich im Hafen au Lauer gelegt und den Schnorchel ausgefahren damit ich nicht auftauchen muss.
An Sich ist mein Plan perfekt doch der Geleitzug kommt einfach nicht, 4 Tage hab ich gebraucht um mich nach Dampier zu begeben und in Lauer Position zu begeben dich dort warte ich jetzt schon 28 Tage und niemand kommt.
Weiß jemand wie ich die Mission schaffen kann oder überspringen kann?
MfG Lukas
Lukas4186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 10:34 PM   #2
troopie
Captain

Welcome Lukas,

If the mission is working correctly, the convoy will show up as a large red star making it's way across the ocean somewhere.

If not this thread should help you out, worked for me (thanks to peabody):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ight=intercept

By the way, the destination harbour would be a bad place to ambush a convoy you are expected to destroy, you'd be much better-off in the open ocean where you can slowly stalk them IMHO.
troopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-12, 05:49 AM   #3
Lukas4186
Swabbie

Ok I'll try it again tomorrow with your tips
Old 07-15-12, 12:24 PM   #4
Lukas4186
Swabbie

Still doesnt work I changed all HighPrio=false to true in every convoy Intercept Mission and I see nothing
Old 07-15-12, 04:12 PM   #5
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas4186 View Post
Still doesnt work I changed all HighPrio=false to true in every convoy Intercept Mission and I see nothing
What mods are you using?

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-12, 04:46 PM   #6
Lukas4186
Swabbie

At the Moment only Skins no Mods, and sometimes when i get boring I activate the IJN Maya 2 or the North Carolina
Old 07-15-12, 09:22 PM   #7
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas4186 View Post
At the Moment only Skins no Mods, and sometimes when i get boring I activate the IJN Maya 2 or the North Carolina
If you have no other MODs enabled then you may have a corrupt file. I pulled the mission out of the campaign and made a Single mission out of it and this is what I show.

This is a picture of the starting location of the "High Priority" contact. The location is updated every 9 hours. And the ship you are suppose to sink was already set to "High Priority".

If you are waiting in the harbor you will never see it. The 'waypoints' end at a location approximately 30 KM from Dampier, and the ships will disappear at the last waypoint.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 11:57 AM   #8
Lukas4186
Swabbie

Thank you for you Help , This evening I will start the Mission again

Tags
need help, silent hunter 4