SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-16, 09:34 AM   #2281
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twig_46 View Post
Well, at least for someone who is experienced in modding... which I am not. Do you have to install all of the files shown or only the most recent ones?

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately, neither Lurker nor Ducimus actually updated their mods to fix the problems which were found. Therefore for TMO and RSRDC you must install, in this order:

TMO 2.5
TMO Small Patch
RSRDC_TMO V502
RSRDC_V5XX_PATCH 1

Then you will have the best functioning configuration.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 10:48 AM   #2282
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Wrong thread!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 07-12-16 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-12-16, 12:21 PM   #2283
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Since you have taken a liking to TMO + RSRD, you're probably this might interest you:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=225443

Ralles ModSoup for TMO_RSRDC_OTC includes a very nice graphics, great sounds but also realistic physics boat (no F1 ships) ... it is a summary of many good and useful modes that you do not have to separately seek and adapt together - a carefree package.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
Optical Targeting Correction (OTC) is like a patch, fixes which certain errors of vanilla SH4:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4052

greetings
There have been fixed by OTC and my ModSoup some unhandled problems of TMO and / or RSRDC.
Old 08-13-16, 12:25 AM   #2284
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
A fine job, shakey! Remember to add the small patch between TMO and RSRDC. Welcome aboard. You are now clear to wreck carnage!
I too have been away awhile...and completely forgot that there was a Small Patch for TMO 2.5 (assuming it was around 4 years ago or so...). My search skills do not seem to be up to par for finding this patch you speak of, though (something about minimum number of characters in search string...and the search function returning any post containing the either of the words, "small", or "patch").

Would you be kind enough to point me to it? Edit: Found it in the downloads section...I remember a time before Subsim had a downloads section... Also, the forum really needs to add support for strikethrough formatting (horizontal line running down the center of formatted text)...

Additionally, I now have the donation Narwhal, and a merge patch for it to be useable in TMO 2.5. However, that patch does not seem to be compatible with RSRD as it overwrite files that RSRD does (campaign.upc and flotillas stuff, in addition to textures). Wondering if anyone knows of a merge patch allowing the donation Narwhal to be used with both TMO 2.5 as well ad RSRD.

Last edited by Travis Reed; 08-13-16 at 12:40 AM.
Travis Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 04:36 AM   #2285
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Travis Reed
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-16, 08:59 AM   #2286
RevReese
Watch

Downloads: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed View Post
I too have been away awhile...and completely forgot that there was a Small Patch for TMO 2.5 (assuming it was around 4 years ago or so...). My search skills do not seem to be up to par for finding this patch you speak of, though (something about minimum number of characters in search string...and the search function returning any post containing the either of the words, "small", or "patch").

Would you be kind enough to point me to it? Edit: Found it in the downloads section...I remember a time before Subsim had a downloads section... Also, the forum really needs to add support for strikethrough formatting (horizontal line running down the center of formatted text)...

Additionally, I now have the donation Narwhal, and a merge patch for it to be useable in TMO 2.5. However, that patch does not seem to be compatible with RSRD as it overwrite files that RSRD does (campaign.upc and flotillas stuff, in addition to textures). Wondering if anyone knows of a merge patch allowing the donation Narwhal to be used with both TMO 2.5 as well ad RSRD.

Hi, I guess you found the patch by now but for anyone else reading this here's the link to a file that includes the patch:
TMO_RSRDC_OTC_ISP Crew Mod
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4678
RevReese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 04:30 PM   #2287
Cobra5150
Seaman

Downloads: 189

I've noticed a bug when using TMO with the RSRDC. When RSRDC is added to TMO 2.5 the airstrips at midway are gone. Am I doing something wrong or is it a known bug?

P.S. It's been a long time since I posted. Hello all!

my mod set looks like this

TMO 2.5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC patch1
Cobra5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 04:57 PM   #2288
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Cobra5150
Support The New SH4 Mega Mod > 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.40_PublicBeta_E N
Steam Conversion SH4 Installation Instructions By ValoWay
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 06:17 PM   #2289
Cobra5150
Seaman

I recently tried FOTRS, but I dislike the nav map. I spend a large portion of time there. I tried to edit the nav map to my own liking in FOTORS but had some trouble. In RSRDC the NAV map has a ton of more detail as far as location names and the look in much nicer. If there was a way to edit FOTORS' nav map (adding island names, changing overall look and removing or increasing the resolution of the nomograph) I'd spend some more time with it because I love the overall graphics and feel.
Old 12-16-16, 06:47 PM   #2290
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If you would Cobra5150, post your comment over in the FOTRSU thread so we've got it on-record there, please.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 09:26 PM   #2291
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra5150 View Post
I've noticed a bug when using TMO with the RSRDC. When RSRDC is added to TMO 2.5 the airstrips at midway are gone. Am I doing something wrong or is it a known bug?

P.S. It's been a long time since I posted. Hello all!

my mod set looks like this

TMO 2.5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC patch1
It's not a bug. RSRDC changes TMO maps. RSRDC changes TMO sub handling. RSRDC changes TMO enemy AI. RSRDC changes TMO ships and TMO crew efficiencies. RSRDC changes TMO torpedoes. RSRDC changes TMO depth charges. RSRDC changes TMO sub sensors. It changes more than that, overwriting hundreds of TMO files. Then it adds a campaign.

Hundreds of players play TMO/RSRDC and think they are playing TMO with a campaign mod. They are wrong. RSRDC is a supermod that crushes TMO like a cockroach.
Old 12-17-16, 06:47 AM   #2292
Cobra5150
Seaman

Robbins, that's why I like RSRDC. TMO and FOTRS are unplayable to me without the added detail, the nav map specifically. I know there are many changes and the Nav map is an overt example.

I guess the question is, is there a way to keep the detail visually of places like Midway. As shown in the base TMO 2.5 mod or FOTRS, while having all the extraordinary benefits of the RSRDC? Is there a way to easily change the Nav map visually to add more information or higher fidelity? Or does the entire campaign structure need to be redone?

I live in Hawaii and I love to be able to sail around the Marshall's in game and see all the island names. I like to see Ponpei, Kosrai and Truk. The names of the Gilbert's, Sofu Gan ect.

P.S. Did RSRDC add the air dropped torpedoes or is that part of TMO? I had a couple of awesome patrols where planes based out of Majuro torpedoed me unexpectedly. Awesome as in I was violently sunk.

Last edited by Cobra5150; 12-17-16 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-17-16, 12:03 PM   #2293
pdiddy
Gunner

Downloads: 227

Quote:
Running Ralles Mod soup (TMO+RSRDC+OTC+his fixes essentially), went to Midway early '42 and the airfields were there. The map is nice too. Check it out!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho...80&postcount=1
pdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 02:10 PM   #2294
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra5150 View Post
Robbins, that's why I like RSRDC. TMO and FOTRS are unplayable to me without the added detail, the nav map specifically. I know there are many changes and the Nav map is an overt example.

I guess the question is, is there a way to keep the detail visually of places like Midway. As shown in the base TMO 2.5 mod or FOTRS, while having all the extraordinary benefits of the RSRDC? Is there a way to easily change the Nav map visually to add more information or higher fidelity? Or does the entire campaign structure need to be redone?

I live in Hawaii and I love to be able to sail around the Marshall's in game and see all the island names. I like to see Ponpei, Kosrai and Truk. The names of the Gilbert's, Sofu Gan ect.

P.S. Did RSRDC add the air dropped torpedoes or is that part of TMO? I had a couple of awesome patrols where planes based out of Majuro torpedoed me unexpectedly. Awesome as in I was violently sunk.
All that stuff needs to be researched. We know that the maps are RSRDC. We have to study them to see exactly how they're implemented. It's possible there is a stand alone mod which has these maps, too.

Right now we're working on campaign issues and JSGME quirks with FOTRSU. Then we'll be off to torpedoes and maps and enemy AI. I'm sure other things will rear up and demand our attention that we aren't even thinking of right now!
Old 12-27-16, 11:36 AM   #2295
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12
Icon8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post

Hundreds of players play TMO/RSRDC and think they are playing TMO with a campaign mod. They are wrong. RSRDC is a supermod that crushes TMO like a cockroach.
I haven't been here in almost a year, I come for visit I find you badmouth me again!
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote