SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-12, 02:21 PM   #1696
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Okay, I just thought this was hilarious for some reason. My character was back home in Windhelm and needed to do some shopping, so I took Meeko along with me. Went to the Palace to pay my respects to the Jarl and told Meeko to wait because I needed to pay a call on Wuunferth.

Now you know how when you approach some NPCs, Jarls on their thrones for instance, once you get close enough they will turn and look at you and just wait for you to engage them. Well, after I walked away from Meeko I happened to look back and realized that once I got far enough away, Ulfric stopped looking at me and was looking at Meeko instead. And he just kept watching him. From a distance it was like they were having this cute little moment. Or else Ulfric was trying to figure out why I'd left this mutt for him to babysit while I went about my business.

I thought Meeko should spend some more quality time with his future daddy, so I just let them carry on while mommy had a late breakfast.

I think maybe Meeko is petitioning the Jarl for a city-wide ban on the sale of dogmeat. Also:

"How many times do I have to tell you, Borguk... Orcs won't fit through the cat door. Just use the bucket like everybody else!"
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 06:42 PM   #1697
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Bad Dragon! BAD!

HunterICX
Old 05-13-12, 09:53 PM   #1698
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

Frau, you definitely add an interesting... "touch" to Skyrim and these forums.

Anyways, I've started my Mage finally.

He is a Breton Mage named Aurane(randomly chosen name, wasn't planning on it rhyming with arcane). Aurane was born in Evermor, his mother a mage, his father a humble shopkeeper. From a young age, magic has been a part of his life. He grew up with his mother telling him of far off places, and wondrous magical tales. This peaked his curiosity to the point that, when he was old enough he left home to see the world for himself, and learn as much as he can about magic.

In his travels he has visited Hammerfall, Valenwood, Elsywher, and Cyrodiil. While staying in Cyrodiil he learned about the College of Winterhold and decided this would be his next destination. Crossing the Cyrodiil-Skyrim border, didn't go as planned and he was captured along side Ulfric Stormcloak, and his followers(plus a horse thief). After nearly having his head chopped off, he's not too happy with the Imperials.

Barely leaving Helgen with his life, he followed Ralof to Riverwood. Visiting the local trader he learned that bandits had recently stolen the owner's Golden Claw, and decided he'd help this poor fellow out. He headed straight towards Bleak Falls Barrow. What will he find inside?

In other news, I was attacking the bandits outside of the Barrow, it was 4 to 1. The first bandit went down to my flames, and was quickly re-animated as a zombie. The second and third also went down in flames, and about this point the first one had finally picked up her weapon and joined the fight. I stood there and watched as she delivered a death blow to the final Bandit. I then turn to look away from the screen to read a steam message, out of nowhere I hear a Unhhh that sends shivers down my spine and makes me quickly look at the screen thinking something was going to get me. At this point I realize the "Zombie" part of this spell wasn't just in it's name. Apparently re-animated corpses moan like zombies.
Old 05-14-12, 03:06 AM   #1699
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Ha just noticed something Frau.

Guess the Orc really did try to disquise himself as the Cat of the tower...but it doesn't work if the real Cat is Shish Kebab right in the open for everyone to see

HunterICX
Old 05-14-12, 10:04 AM   #1700
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Sarah and Ulfric just before the battle of Whiterun, after the war I think shes going to ask him to marry her

Old 05-14-12, 10:57 AM   #1701
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Now... to my fourth character, a Breton Necromancer... who will start necromanceing when he can afford the books he needs.
Old 05-14-12, 04:09 PM   #1702
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

I bought 4 spell books from Riverwood right at the start. Sold whatever misc loot I had picked up on the way, and was able to buy Raise Zombie, Oakflesh, Frost, and Lesser Ward.
Old 05-14-12, 04:25 PM   #1703
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
Sarah and Ulfric just before the battle of Whiterun, after the war I think shes going to ask him to marry her
Too late, Ulfric and Eydis are already engaged.

And I already know what he's getting for a wedding present, it'll be that full set of very rare Blades armor and a Blades sword that I found when I opened up Sky Haven Temple for Delphine and Esbern. I'm not sure what he's getting me yet but I have the very distinct feeling that it will be the Jagged Crown, since my bringing it to him was sort of the start of our courtship. And it seems like an appropriate helm for the nation's #1 dragonslayer and future queen.

For the honeymoon I think we're going to go see if there are any Thalmor still skulking around their old embassy, and then maybe kill the dragon up on Mt. Anthor that his city guards won't stop talking about. Also I think we will probably go eliminate the Boethiah cultists that have set up camp here in Eastmarch, especially seeing as how one of them tried to kill him after the Battle of Solitude.

Unfortunately the wedding will probably not take place until Eydis can cure herself of lycanthropy because she hasn't gotten up the nerve to tell him that she let Aela and Skjor talk her into becoming a werewolf. This is why Meeko always comes along to sleep at the foot of the bed in the Palace when she visits... just so she has a fall guy (er... fall dog?) if she accidentally howls in her sleep. Or poops on the rug.
Old 05-14-12, 04:27 PM   #1704
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
Now... to my fourth character, a Breton Necromancer... who will start necromanceing when he can afford the books he needs.
Where are you?
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 04:42 PM   #1705
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Where are you?
Whiterun, using a mod that adds trees and stuff + some texture packs.
Old 05-14-12, 05:02 PM   #1706
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
Whiterun, using a mod that adds trees and stuff + some texture packs.
Didn't even recognize it. To each his own, I suppose.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 05:32 PM   #1707
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I prefer more subtle city mods, I use for example Beautiful Rifton and Beautiful Whiterun. They do not change the basic scheme of the various landscape regions. Whiterun and Rorikstatt are in a somewhat desolate, empty tundra, and it makes no sense to make it look like the forests of Falkreath, or Rifton.

To make regions look similiar just reduces the variety of schemes and moods of the various landscapes, me thinks.

Anyhow, I'm currently a freelance adventurer. Lot of hunting tours, with survival camps in the tundra. Me, two girls, and a dog.

That's me.

And my preferred company.

Dwarven and Elven weapons, no magic and no enchanting. Frostfall&Hypothermia mod. The latter is highly recommended, I wonder why Bethesda has not included something like that from all beginning on.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-14-12 at 06:11 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 05:58 PM   #1708
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

We often start our safaris in Riverwood, where I have a small hunter's cab for the purpose.

Meeko of course always is part of the crew. I have learned to shoot foxes over great distances, and inentionally shoot first
shot amiss. Meeko then goes after the fox, and either our arrows or he will kill it. It is difficult to find a fox at huge distance,
sometimes, all the grass and bushes I mean. Meeko's presence helps.

Early morning in the camp. A day's work waiting.

Camp is somewhere west in the river valley of Castle Almol.

And this was in the tundra, on the day when I almost was killed by a sabretooth surprising me during
a snowstorm in the evening, with my Exposure-points already dramatically limited from the cold and
no woods nearby to make a quick fire. On that day, it was damn close.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-14-12 at 06:13 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 11:05 AM   #1709
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

So I'm slowly trying to get used to the creation kit and I'm currently trying to build my own house as a tutorial (I know, original aren't I?.) Finally figured out that Static beds and furniture are different from the ones the player can use...Duh....but I'm getting there. A lot of it reminds me of the kit for NWN2 which remains my favourite in any game, and my eventual goal is to build an underground city but I'm quite a while away from doing that.

Does anyone know a good method of getting coordinates from the game to use in the CK? It's a bit of a pain navigating around exterior areas and I'd rather just scout locations in the game and jot down the coords.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 08:47 PM   #1710
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
Does anyone know a good method of getting coordinates from the game to use in the CK?
No but I did my first bit of Skyrim modding today.

I think I'm actually starting to figure out how the Creation Kit works. KILL ME NOW.

In other news...

*sings*

Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you, if you find the mods...

MARRYING ULFRIC STORMCLOAK
Part 1

I didn't realize til after I looked at the screenshots that Marcurio didn't come to the ceremony. That little... after all we've been through together, the dungeons we've cleared, the rogue necromancers we've killed...

OTOH, maybe he's just a little *too* hard to impress at times. Why, I remember it like it was yesterday...

*cue weird flashback music*

OT other OH, it's snappy chatter like this that makes me keep hiring the obnoxious little git. :P