SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-11, 11:37 AM   #1
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127
Default [REL] Sub Class Info

This mod adds the displacement, dimensions, maximum speed, range, underwater endurance, and test depth for each submarine class in the game, via an edited version of the sub class silhouette used on the Subsytems, Crew Management, etc. screens. Below is an example of the Balao class:

It includes files for the Tench and pseudo-Narwhal subs added by the Real Fleet Boat, Run Silent, Run Deep the Campaign, and Trigger Maru-Overhauled 2.1 and 2.2 mods. There's also a version for the Subsim.com Narwhal mod.

Besides editing the images, I also copied and renamed those images used by more than one class, so the proper info could be displayed. I then edited the UnitParts[number][class].upc file in the Data\UPCData\UPCUnitsData folder to call the new images. This way the Sargo and the subs added by the super mods will have the proper info, though perhaps not (especially in the case of the pseudo-Narwhals) the proper silhouette.

Install using JSGME. You will have seven options to extract/install:

Sub Class Info - Narwhal Mod - Install AFTER the Narwhal mod.

Sub Class Info - RFB - Use this version with the Real Fleet Boat mod

Sub Class Info - RSRDC - Use this version for the standalone RSRDC mod.

Sub Class Info - RSRDC - RFB - Use this version for RFB with the RSRDC mod. Install AFTER the RFB version above (this one only changes the pseudo-Narwhal UnitParts file, which is the only file the RSRDC for RFB affects).

Sub Class Info - S-42 Class - Install AFTER any other version. (See the readme.pdf for why this is separate.)

Sub Class Info - Stock - Use this version for the stock 1.5 game.

Sub Class Info - TMO - Use this version for TMO 2.1 or 2.2, with or without the TMO version of RSRDC installed.

SPECIAL NOTE: If you're using a screen resolution of less than 960 height, on some screens where the sub silhouette is used the message box may write over the text in the image. Because they're the same color, this will make the message box hard to read if you have its background set to be transparent. If you have both settings, you'll need to either move the message box, or just not use this mod.

Be sure to read the readme.pdf for more info.

Extra special thanks to Subsim.com member CapnScurvy, who suggested this method after my original attempt didn't work out.

Download from here on Subsim (under Graphics Mods)

From Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?310mafdcqfg0q

Last edited by fred8615; 01-27-15 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Removed SilentHuntermods link.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 08:43 PM   #2
andy_311
The Old Man

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

Will it work with FORTS?
Old 07-09-11, 12:23 PM   #3
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_311 View Post
Will it work with FORTS?
I assume you mean the Fall Of The Rising Sun mod? As long as it doesn't change the UnitParts[number][class].upc files in the Data\UPCData\UPCUnitsData folder, it should be okay. I've never used that mod, so I don't know what it changes.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote