SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-26-15, 01:40 PM   #256
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211
Uploads: 0

Welcome aboard Philip!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-15, 09:15 AM   #257
kranklys74
Seaman

Downloads: 145

My opinion. I only use OLC instruments for manual torpedo attack. Looks good this mod with M.E.P 5 and FM_NewInterior v2.1D mods. Big minus the Kiel Canal routes, fonts (does not support German), and manual data torpedo attack.
kranklys74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 11:54 AM   #258
Grifo
Watch

Downloads: 48

Hi, guys!

Ahnenerbe, with your mod I noticed that my deck gun is not centered while Im using zoom in manual firing mode. It fires approximately at first horizontal mark to the right, instead of firing directly at crosshair location. It works without issues in stock GWX.

Приветствую, с новым годом! У меня прицел в палубном орудии сбит и оно бьёт чуть вправо от перекрестия, примерно по первому делению, убираю твой мод и в чистом "сером волке" такого нет, бьёт чётко в перекрестие. Только собрался в поход и на тебе!

UPDATE

Im not sure whats going on, but now it works as intended. So in some games it works and in some not, maybe its a heavy wind or im going crazy. Ill try to investigate more.

Теперь бьёт в центр.. В общем пару раз точно работало криво, один раз до нового года и сегодня, но вот сейчас всё чётко. Мистика!

Last edited by Grifo; 01-02-16 at 12:26 PM.
Grifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 09:58 AM   #259
Nicator
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 18

Hello all skippers!

This mod is so good it's almost like an entirely new game. I have one question however. Is there a way to make it compatible with flakmonkey's New Interiors 2.1d?

This GUI looks fantastic with the New Interiors, but only the old 1.0 version is compatible while 2.1 is much more advanced in terms of atmosphere and accuracy and that's why I prefer it over 1.0.

With both the GUI and Interiors 2.1 active at the same time I couldn't start a new career or load any save games. I also tried editing the commands_en.cfg, but to no effect since I'm a total laic on modding SH3 - the game always CTDs. I'd be very grateful for any help.

Regards,

Nicator
Nicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 10:47 AM   #260
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Nicator!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 11:34 AM   #261
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Nicator

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 09:30 PM   #262
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Welcome to SubSim Nicator.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 05:14 AM   #263
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

We touch the perfection with this mod !
Thanks !

Last edited by ericlea; 01-12-16 at 05:43 AM.
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 09:30 AM   #264
ericlea
Samurai Navy

by using the ruler or the protractor on the map F5: when i draw a line, the circle of direction indicates the opposed direction.
For example if I draw a long line towards 90°, the circle indicates 270° where passes the line and not 90°. like that it is useless because it is inverted :-)

Last edited by ericlea; 01-12-16 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-12-16, 11:27 AM   #265
Opitz
Swabbie

Downloads: 119

Can anyone explain how Range and AOB finder disk is used on periscope in this GUI? I do not see there any horizontal and vertical marks on cross, so how I can use it?
Opitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 05:38 PM   #266
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlea View Post
by using the ruler or the protractor on the map F5: when i draw a line, the circle of direction indicates the opposed direction.
For example if I draw a long line towards 90°, the circle indicates 270° where passes the line and not 90°. like that it is useless because it is inverted :-)

With an image it is more clear

Last edited by ericlea; 01-15-16 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-15-16, 02:53 AM   #267
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

Hi,

you are right, this is the original SH3 design of the ruler compass. You may add Jiim´s Navi map mod from April 2005, where the ruler compass is inverted.

Afaik, the most big mods already use the inverted compass. Obviously, you have already known this. You may look into ...Ahnenerbe.../data/menu/mousecurs/ and search for "line.tga" resp. "lineExt.tga". Disable Ahnenerbe´s mod, delete the files (backup before), enable the mod again and test.

Good luck.
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-16, 05:16 AM   #268
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Thank You Leitender !

It works ! I deleted "LineExt.tga" and "ProtractorExt.tga" from ...Ahnenerbe.../data/menu/mousecurs/

What an excellent mod !
Old 02-01-16, 06:57 PM   #269
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114

I lose access to the whiz wheels while testing (the angriffscheibe). Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong? By lose, I mean that they are working, and then they stop working (dropping down from the top). They just disappear and never come back.

Any advice on the question would be greatly appreciated.

Beautiful UI BTW and so far, outside of those issues, it runs perfectly over LSH15 (though I wish the RAOBF had OLC's markings on it.)

Vielen Dank!
Siege

Last edited by siege00; 02-01-16 at 10:18 PM.
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 12:34 AM   #270
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114

Realized after messing around with it some more that the Angriffscheibe is dependent upon the weapons officer being selected. That problem is solved. Was just going to edit the post and remove the section, but maybe it'll help someone else out.

I did notice however, as someone else pointed out, that the marks on the RAOBF, if I'm understanding the nicely done marks correctly, that the RED, speed mark is not aligned / calibrated with the OLC scratch (usually between 55 and 60 degrees on the AOB (most inner) ring. However that position does accurately represent the speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
I lose access to the whiz wheels while testing (the angriffscheibe). Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong? By lose, I mean that they are working, and then they stop working (dropping down from the top). They just disappear and never come back.

Any advice on the question would be greatly appreciated.

Beautiful UI BTW and so far, outside of those issues, it runs perfectly over LSH15 (though I wish the RAOBF had OLC's markings on it.)

Vielen Dank!
Siege
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote