SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-15, 04:53 PM   #4321
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Downloads: 719
Uploads: 6

I'm expericing the same thing where I can hear it but my crew can't. To fix the bug you have to go below periscope depth. I didn't know that there was a mod to fix it. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!
Old 06-03-15, 11:48 AM   #4322
Sandman_28054
Captain

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 0

I d/l TMO 2.5, but the start screen shows TMO 1.6.3.

Am I missing a patch?
Sandman_28054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-15, 02:13 PM   #4323
treblesum81
Frogman

Downloads: 71

I'm not sure if something is going wrong here or if my personal preference is just rearing it's head here. I understand that TMO has a visual mod built into it, but I'm noticing the water is over-reflective almost to the point of being cartoonish... Is this the way its supposed to look, or am I maybe experiencing some sort of issue?

Example:

treblesum81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-15, 03:43 PM   #4324
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblesum81 View Post
I'm not sure if something is going wrong here or if my personal preference is just rearing it's head here. I understand that TMO has a visual mod built into it, but I'm noticing the water is over-reflective almost to the point of being cartoonish... Is this the way its supposed to look, or am I maybe experiencing some sort of issue?
TMO has some funky environments. I'm playing TMO now because of OTC, but I prefer RFB visuals. I was really shocked how bad TMO looks IMHO. The sky looks blotchy and like you said, the water is a mess.

After a while you stop noticing it, it just takes some time.
Old 06-10-15, 10:12 PM   #4325
treblesum81
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_nix View Post
TMO has some funky environments. I'm playing TMO now because of OTC, but I prefer RFB visuals. I was really shocked how bad TMO looks IMHO. The sky looks blotchy and like you said, the water is a mess.

After a while you stop noticing it, it just takes some time.
I understand it wouldn't be supported, but exactly how much does it muck things up to add in one of the other environment packages?
Old 06-10-15, 11:25 PM   #4326
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Quote:
I understand it wouldn't be supported, but exactly how much does it muck things up to add in one of the other environment packages?
If it just changes colors, it's ok, but once it changes other things, that's where it messes things up.

Someone smarter than me can tell you by how much, but I know if you change the scene.dat or other things beside colors it will effect how you and the enemy detect each other.

There is an environmental package specifically made for TMO in the downloads section. You can try that, but the water still looked funky to me even with that.
Old 06-11-15, 12:23 AM   #4327
treblesum81
Frogman

Quote:
If it just changes colors, it's ok, but once it changes other things, that's where it messes things up.

Someone smarter than me can tell you by how much, but I know if you change the scene.dat or other things beside colors it will effect how you and the enemy detect each other.

There is an environmental package specifically made for TMO in the downloads section. You can try that, but the water still looked funky to me even with that.
Well, it definitely has to do with the compatibility for TMO in the scene.dat. I tried both the TMO and the non-TMO versions of that mod and the non-TMO version had markedly better looking water. The question still remains, however, of exactly how much using a non-compatible environment mod would actually mess things up. If it only affects 10% of detection ability, I'd rather have that than the funky water, but if it's significant (50%+), maybe I'll stick with the funky water....
Old 06-11-15, 03:00 AM   #4328
Niedowidek
Bosun

Downloads: 118

I had the same impression about water in TMO. I tried few environmental mods and I recommend that you try Improved Stock Environment v3 - TMO&RFB
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=194657
(as you see this is a mod's version tweaked for TMO)

The mod alone didn't improve look of the water but after installing optional mods, which are
#1 ISE New clouds+Waves
#2 ISE Realistic Colors
it looks very good.
Old 06-11-15, 04:14 AM   #4329
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedowidek View Post
I had the same impression about water in TMO. I tried few environmental mods and I recommend that you try Improved Stock Environment v3 - TMO&RFB

The mod alone didn't improve look of the water but after installing optional mods, which are
#1 ISE New clouds+Waves
#2 ISE Realistic Colors
it looks very good.
I believe that #1 ISE New clouds+Waves changes the TMO scene.dat which isn't compatible with the rest of the mod.

Just Improved Stock Environment v3 - TMO&RFB alone is configured for compatibility.
Old 06-11-15, 09:07 AM   #4330
treblesum81
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedowidek View Post

#1 ISE New clouds+Waves
#2 ISE Realistic Colors
it looks very good.
Have you experienced any negative effects as a result of installing the new clouds and waves mod? Like I've already said, I'm willing to trade some detection ability for better visuals, but it's got to be a balancing act.
Old 07-01-15, 01:14 PM   #4331
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Have you experienced any negative effects as a result of installing the new clouds and waves mod? Like I've already said, I'm willing to trade some detection ability for better visuals, but it's got to be a balancing act.
I use ISE V2 (not V3, not TMO version) with Realistic Colours, and all seems work fine with they. Sensors seem not affected. I use they BEFORE OTC (OTC changes the TMO RSRDC gameplay and AI).

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 05:09 AM   #4332
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

I wonder if you took just the scene.dat and the sensor.cfg from RFB and added them to TMO, that would eliminate conflicts while maintaining TMO play?
Old 07-08-15, 05:26 AM   #4333
Niedowidek
Bosun

Downloads: 118

Quote:
Well, I haven't played too much SH4, so I'm not sure yet.
Old 07-09-15, 04:35 AM   #4334
*wolfie*
Swabbie

Downloads: 25

Quote:
I believe that #1 ISE New clouds+Waves changes the TMO scene.dat which isn't compatible with the rest of the mod.

Just Improved Stock Environment v3 - TMO&RFB alone is configured for compatibility.
actually the readme of both optional mods say that they're compatible with rfb/tmo
*wolfie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-15, 07:55 PM   #4335
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *wolfie* View Post
actually the readme of both optional mods say that they're compatible with rfb/tmo
Hmmm... you are right. I could of sworn I read somewhere that it wasn't.

Anyway, I tried it, and my sky still looks blotchy and pixelated in TMO.

It looks fine in Real Fleet Boat, smooth skies. In TMO it looks like a sky from Minecraft.