SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-15, 10:52 PM   #1
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1
Default Changing Crew station

I've downloaded and installed the Playable King George The 5th mod but it has the S type sub crew station' How can I change that to a Gato type?

Best regards,

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-15, 10:02 AM   #2
ZodiakLegion
Seaman

Downloads: 298
Uploads: 0
Icon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
I've downloaded and installed the Playable King George The 5th mod but it has the S type sub crew station' How can I change that to a Gato type?

Best regards,
I haven't done this myself, but I'm pretty sure I know how to do it. Before I proceed, make sure you have a backup of the King George.

Head straight to your root SH4 files > Data > Interior > NSS_Gato . Just copy those files, and put them into an "Interior" folder inside of the King George data file.

If that doesn't work, I apologize. I do believe, however, that it should work like that. It seems logical.
ZodiakLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-15, 06:35 PM   #3
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Thanks ZodiakLegion.

That didn't work. It also has something to do with the .upc file in the KGV folder.

I'm trying to get the lookouts slots active and the surface radar working.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Old 06-08-15, 12:22 AM   #4
ZodiakLegion
Seaman

Downloads: 298
Uploads: 0
Support

hmm... sorry then.. I got no clue. In any case, good luck with this endeavor. Wish I could've been more help~~
ZodiakLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15, 11:55 AM   #5
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Thanks ZodiakLegion.

That didn't work. It also has something to do with the .upc file in the KGV folder.

I'm trying to get the lookouts slots active and the surface radar working.
Just wondering where Interior is pointing to in the *.cfg file for KGV? This may be as simple as calling the Gato Interior instead of the S-class, and some edits to the KGV upc file to get the radar and lookout slots working.

Does KGV have radar and lookout slots already working as it is - with the S-Boat Interior? .... (or am I misunderstanding what you want to do, Fearless)

Maybe someone who knows more than I do about modding will chime in. I only know enough to get myself in trouble..... lol

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15, 07:32 PM   #6
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Just wondering where Interior is pointing to in the *.cfg file for KGV? This may be as simple as calling the Gato Interior instead of the S-class, and some edits to the KGV upc file to get the radar and lookout slots working.

Does KGV have radar and lookout slots already working as it is - with the S-Boat Interior? .... (or am I misunderstanding what you want to do, Fearless)

Maybe someone who knows more than I do about modding will chime in. I only know enough to get myself in trouble..... lol

Happy Hunting!
Hi aanker,

Thanks for your answer.

I have changed the interior to Gato so I believe I have the Gato crewroom and equipment room as well. What is not shown is the lookout slots so I'm assuming a change in the upc file will fix that. The radar slots are not shown in the sensor s room on the equipment screen so not sure how to get them in.

Old 06-09-15, 11:27 AM   #7
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
....... What is not shown is the lookout slots so I'm assuming a change in the upc file will fix that. The radar slots are not shown in the sensor s room on the equipment screen so not sure how to get them in.
Is the career or mission date before SJ radar? I'm hoping it's a upc issue. What a beautiful BB.

We just need to see what files from the KGV mod are included to control those slots in the mod... even if it is looking at a different BB and see what is missing/different..

It appears there are other people with the same issue, however there must be others that have it working because there are 328 downloads so far and only four complaints.
The Comments on the download page:
Quote:
seadogger
07-07-2014 at 01:19 PM
My ship has no deck crew, so it unusable in a campaign cause there is noone who looks out. So basicly, airplanes attack me, but there is noone who spots them so that the AA guns are useless, same with the regular guns.
Am i the only one with this problem?
posledni.vlkodlak 09-27-2014 at 02:44 PM diky..
germancrowd 01-16-2015 at 11:15 AM nice idea, but sorry - useless against planes

..... and a positive remark:
Quote:
Zhao Weilong 04-15-2015 at 11:51 AM Thank you very much
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4422
- - - - - -
His Pocket Battleship mod has 176 downloads and only one complaint, " Rear guns are missing, and the cannon turret above it is pitch black :S"

If his Pocket Battleship mod is functional, the files and edits to them would be interesting to see and compare, how did he get it to work and not King George V ?

Do you have his Pocket Battleship mod installed?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4387

Last edited by aanker; 06-09-15 at 11:33 AM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-15, 05:01 PM   #8
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Thanks again for your response aanker.

The pocket battleship I don't have and is an Axis ship. That's another story as I'm trying to make the Yamato American career playable.

I now have the lookout crew slots showing by obtaining the upc info from cdp44's Northampton heavy cruiser. He has done an awesome job with his ships.

Filling the lookout slots doesn't show the lookout crew on deck though and have no voice either acknowledging such but the watch officer does notify ships sighted.

As for the radar, I've tweaked the availability dates and although I have the SJ Radar in the equipment slot now, it's still not available.

Old 11-23-18, 09:42 PM   #9
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Hi all, I’ve bumped this post to hope I can get direction to solve the crew station and radar issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If I could only upload my latest file for anyone to look at and correct. I’m even happy to email it. It is fully career playable utilising TMO/RSRD