SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-31-11, 12:38 AM   #1201
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf View Post
Need help guys.

Running MO with a few mods installed above with JSGME. Pretty much running the same mods stoianm is running but to a lesser degree.

While on patrol I keep getting a "ERROR REPLACING CONTACTS" in my logbook. Problem is not long after receiving this message I CTD no matter what I'm doing.

Anyone else experience this?
I get a similar error "ERROR REPLACING CONTACTS" from time to time. But have no ill effects, No CTD. I just carry on as normal.

I never go above TC 128 though. (Dont trust my crew to avoid other ships during high TC, had many collisions in early SH5)

Last edited by jwilliams; 03-31-11 at 01:02 AM.
jwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 12:51 AM   #1202
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomgiver View Post
i havent even touched any of the files in the silent hunter 5 data folder
Check your PM
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 03:23 AM   #1203
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Hi TDW,

I think this may be what Graf is talking about:

I noticed it for the first time tonight but no CTD for me. The error occurred at the same time that I received a radio message.

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 06:37 PM   #1204
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Need to know exactly what you're seeing in the messagebox. I don't have a message that says what you're saying above. A look at your ship's journal with these entries would be very helpful. You can send it to me via PM.

Sent you a PM.

Old 03-31-11, 07:53 PM   #1205
Graf
A-ganger

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
Hi TDW,

I think this may be what Graf is talking about:

I noticed it for the first time tonight but no CTD for me. The error occurred at the same time that I received a radio message.
BINGO!

Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 08:02 PM   #1206
Agima
Watch

Downloads: 86
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help me to solve my problem. When I'm hitting a ship with a torpedoe, my game seems to freeze just before or right when a fireball appears. I have to Alt-Tab and force-quit the game.

This doesnt happen in the stock game, only when I have MO installed (I just have that mod enabled). I've looked in this thread, it's pretty long and I've seen that Akula4745, post #730, seem to had the same problem a while back. Can anyone pinpoint me to a solution?

Here's what I've done so far :

- Installed and patched SH5 to v1.2
- Started the game, made the tutorial
- Played a bit the game, didn't even sunk one ship
- Decided I wanted some mods
- Installed some mods with JSGME, reloaded a save game that I made in port before accepting the first mission, after the tutorial.
- Save the game, quit and reloaded.
- Played a bit but not much (can't remember if I sunk ships)
- Decided to give MO a try
- Uninstalled and deleted mods
- Followed and installed the same mods from Stoianm's MO tutorial
- Installed 3 or 4 others mods, not big ones but one was Old style explosions.
- Reloaded my special savegame in port (the one after the tutorial and before accepting the first mission)
- Saved, quit and reloaded the game and accepted the mission.

Ok, still with me? So I wanted to see how those old style explosion looked like, I was impatient, and I made an act of treason (yeah I'm really bad I know). I decided to sunk a german ship in the port! And well, the game punished me by freezing. Ok, I desserved it I guess!

Figured out that the Old style Explosion mods might be my problem, I uninstalled it, reloaded my special save game, and after been in the mission did the same thing again.... with the same result.

I've then decided to remove all the mods excepted MO. Reloaded my special savegame, started the mission, fired a torpedoe a the same german ship and again, the game freezed on me.

So I'm a bit lost. I've tried to look for a solution in this thread, but like I said it's pretty long and I havent found anything.

Anyone experienced this and have a solution?
Agima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 08:05 PM   #1207
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agima View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help me to solve my problem. When I'm hitting a ship with a torpedoe, my game seems to freeze just before or right when a fireball appears. I have to Alt-Tab and force-quit the game.

This doesnt happen in the stock game, only when I have MO installed (I just have that mod enabled). I've looked in this thread, it's pretty long and I've seen that Akula4745, post #730, seem to had the same problem a while back. Can anyone pinpoint me to a solution?

Here's what I've done so far :

- Installed and patched SH5 to v1.2
- Started the game, made the tutorial
- Played a bit the game, didn't even sunk one ship
- Decided I wanted some mods
- Installed some mods with JSGME, reloaded a save game that I made in port before accepting the first mission, after the tutorial.
- Save the game, quit and reloaded.
- Played a bit but not much (can't remember if I sunk ships)
- Decided to give MO a try
- Uninstalled and deleted mods
- Followed and installed the same mods from Stoianm's MO tutorial
- Installed 3 or 4 others mods, not big ones but one was Old style explosions.
- Reloaded my special savegame in port (the one after the tutorial and before accepting the first mission)
- Saved, quit and reloaded the game and accepted the mission.

Ok, still with me? So I wanted to see how those old style explosion looked like, I was impatient, and I made an act of treason (yeah I'm really bad I know). I decided to sunk a german ship in the port! And well, the game punished me by freezing. Ok, I desserved it I guess!

Figured out that the Old style Explosion mods might be my problem, I uninstalled it, reloaded my special save game, and after been in the mission did the same thing again.... with the same result.

I've then decided to remove all the mods excepted MO. Reloaded my special savegame, started the mission, fired a torpedoe a the same german ship and again, the game freezed on me.

So I'm a bit lost. I've tried to look for a solution in this thread, but like I said it's pretty long and I havent found anything.

Anyone experienced this and have a solution?
restart a new campaign and forget about the saved game that you have untill now... skip the tutorial and play the new patrol.. se if you will have the problems again... i know that church subsim have the same problem like you but i dunno if untill now he found a solution.. his game freeze after he hit a ship... if your problem persit post your mod soup and your computer spec pls - btw i was in Sorel-Tracy few times... you have a cegep there... i worked for prosys-tec at that time and i did service at the informatic lab few times... i like the city
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 08:14 PM   #1208
Agima
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
restart a new campaign and forget about the saved game that you have untill now... skip the tutorial and play the new patrol.. se if you will have the problems again... i know that church subsim have the same problem like you but i dunno if untill now he found a solution.. his game freeze after he hit a ship... if your problem persit post your mod soup and your computer spec pls
Oh sorry, I actually did that in the last steps of my previous description.

When I installed all the mods except MO, I started a new campaign, skipped the tutorial, saved the game (new one, no overwriting). Quit the game, reloaded that new savegame and started a new mission patrol, and the game freezed when the torpedoe hit the ship.

I didn't included mod soup and computer specs in the first place, thinking that it was an easy solution to this bug. I'll look into that.

Ah cool, Sorel is a nice small town indeed. Very active during WW2 since it had a well placed shipyard!
Old 04-02-11, 12:07 AM   #1209
Agima
Watch

Well, I've tried something more radical this time.

- I've uninstalled SH5, deleted the game folder and all entries in the registery.
- Updated Win7 to the latest (SP1)
- Uninstalled ATI display drivers, deleted ATI's folder, rebooted, dowloaded and reintalled latest drivers (with stock settings).
- Reinstalled SH5, patched it
- Played SH5 Tutorial, saved a game in port. Took a mission.
- Tried and succeeded to torpedoe a ship in the harbourg.
- Quit the game. Merged Magnum Opus patch 2 with first v0_0_1 and enabled it in JSGME (only mod installed, nothing else)
- Tried a New Campaign, skipped tutorial. Saved the game.
- Quit the game, then load the game. I took the mission.
- Tried and succeeded to torpedoe a ship in the harbourg but the game frooze again.

I was hoping that a completed game reinstallation would do the trick, but it wasn't the case. There's definitively something within the Magnum Opus mod that is conflicting with something else in my system.

I'm giving up for now. It's late enough and I'll admit that I'm starting to loose patience. For me and for the moment, the game's name is more like Silent Hunter 5 : battle to make it work right!
Old 04-02-11, 12:13 AM   #1210
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:

- I've uninstalled SH5, deleted the game folder and all entries in the registery.
- Uninstalled ATI display drivers, deleted ATI's folder, rebooted, dowloaded and reintalled latest drivers (with stock settings).
- Quit the game. Merged Magnum Opus patch 2 with first v0_0_1 and enabled it in JSGME (only mod installed, nothing else)
- Tried and succeeded to torpedoe a ship in the harbourg but the game frooze again.

I was hoping that a completed game reinstallation would do the trick, but it wasn't the case. There's definitively something within the Magnum Opus mod that is conflicting with something else in my system.

I'm giving up for now. It's late enough and I'll admit that I'm starting to loose patience. For me and for the moment, the game's name is more like Silent Hunter 5 : battle to make it work right!
see here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181578

church had the same problem like you... he edited his post in meantime but i dunno how he fixed that... and it is not good to install sp1... we had problems because of that too:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180803

btw your os is 32 or 64 bits?

just relax for now... we will figure a solution for you.. i will pm church in mean time to ask him if he found the problem

regards
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 12:29 AM   #1211
Agima
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
see here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181578

church had the same problem like you... he edited his post in meantime but i dunno how he fixed that... and it is not good to install sp1... we had problems because of that too:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180803

btw your os is 32 or 64 bits?

just relax for now... we will figure a solution for you.. i will pm church in mean time to ask him if he found the problem

regards
Thanks for you support stoianm!

Didn't knew about Win7's SP1 and slowdown. I'll uninstall it for the time being.

As for my OS, I'm running Windows 7 Home Edition (french) 64 bits with 4 gig of ram.
Old 04-02-11, 07:50 AM   #1212
Church SUBSIM
Weps

Downloads: 120
Uploads: 4

Wow - that is the exact same issue I have with MO or the NewUI's, but I can't tell why. I have been able to run both mods without issues since TDW released 6.3.7 and then one day ... lockup when I sink a ship.

I even reinstalled windows 7 (x64) again ... fresh install, bought a new version of the game (disk this time instead of DL).

Sink a ship .. win a boobie prize. ;(

Church SUBSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 08:15 AM   #1213
Graf
A-ganger

Downloads: 60

Quote:

I've uninstalled MO for now. I've tried everything with it but something in it does not agree with my system. I tried MO alone and still I have trouble leaving port with GFX hangups and CTDs. Everything imaginable goes wrong with MO on my system tho I love playing it when I can.

As of now I've disabled MO and currently playing a stable game with individual mods. I wish I could play MO but sadly it looks as tho I will not be able to.

Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 10:59 AM   #1214
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

These issues with FPS drops/ freezing and CTD's sound pretty familiar to me.
Anyway I had problems like these some time ago and at last I managed to hunt the bad guy down - a corrupt DirectX install...
I'm not sure if that's the solution for your problems but could maybe be worth trying.

If FPS drops are giving you a hard time you maybe you should give the "d3d antilag101" a try. Download it here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2871

Easy to install and easy to uninstall if you're not happy with it.

/
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 11:05 AM   #1215
Agima
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church SUBSIM View Post
Wow - that is the exact same issue I have with MO or the NewUI's, but I can't tell why. I have been able to run both mods without issues since TDW released 6.3.7 and then one day ... lockup when I sink a ship.

I even reinstalled windows 7 (x64) again ... fresh install, bought a new version of the game (disk this time instead of DL).

Sink a ship .. win a boobie prize. ;(
Interesting. I did some additional tests this morning :

- Uninstalled Magnum Opus
- Installed NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith (only this mod is activated)
- Started the game, started a new campaign, skipped tutorial
- Saved the game, quited the game, started and loaded the savegame
- Took the mission and went for a german support ship in the harbourg.
- Fired a torpedo.... and yes, the game frooze again when the torpedoe impacted.

I've also tried with the SH3 UI, just in case, but the same thing happened.

I'm having the same problem as yours, it appears. Since the game frooze with only the NewUI installed, nothing else, and knowing that this interface is integrated within Magnum Opus, I'm confident that we have at least narrowed down from what mod our problem is coming from.

We just have to find out what modification is precisely causing the problem, and more importantly, why it's conflicting with our system/game.