SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-09, 11:44 AM   #1
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] SNORKEL_FX&RWR_for all sh3 installations!

Here the definitive and final version of the Snorkel reworked. It contain 2 mods, one with the RWR and the other with FX&Sound. Both compatible with any SH3 install. Well, WAC already have FX&Sound, so WAC players don´t need the second mod.

From the readme:

Late war SNK_RWR v2 mod by Rubini
October 2009
v2=> more sensible RWR
===============================
This is a simplified approach to have a RWR device atop of the snorkel for potentially any SH3 installation: stock Sh3, WAC and GWX last versions where tested and ok. The main goal of the mod is exactly these ones: an universal and simple mod (just one file) and also "invisible" and "plug and play" for the player.

How it works:
It simply add a 3D functional RWR FuMB-3 Bali antenna model atop of stock snorkel for type 7, 9 and 9d using a unique .dat file, so this way it becomes potentially compatible with any mod, without conflicting with any other file in use by any mod or even stock Sh3.

Usage and installation:
Historicaly some german uboats had RWR antenna atop of the snorkel after middle 1944 - and in Sh3 this is vital to snorkelling in late war without be easily destroyed by aircrafts - so enable it using JSGME after, for example, september 1944, and its ready for use, no special procedures are needed. It even can be enable midle patrol, just save, exit the game, enable the mod and return to game reloading your last saved game. But the best realistic way is to enable it when in port, before start a new patrol. No renown needed, no new equipaments devices needed, it´s just plug and play.
- It also can be enabled by SH3 Commander, adding its unique file to SH3 commander file structure at an especific date, this way you will have it enabled automatically without your intervention.
- As a last usage note, I should like to say that I made this RWR device a bit imprecise (as in RL), so be ready to crash dive quickly...you don´t have much time...

A special note for GWX users:
GWX already have a special optional mod that makes almost the same and comes in the GWX package but it really needs some special procedure (as described on GWX manual) to be ready for use what could bring some confusing to the player. For this reason I added also an optional en_menu.txt file for GWX users that just erase any potential confuse info in the uboat equipament selection screen - anyway, the mod will work without this file but it makes the entire mod more clean. Look on the optional folder for it.
-And obviously dont use this mod in conjuction with the one that comes with GWX package. One or another.

About type XXI:
The type XXI snorkel already have a RWR device automatically activate by WAC and GWX after jan/1945, so I didn´t touched it...by this reason this mod also don´t change anything for type XXI for stock game too.

Compatibility:
For all sh3 installations!! This is the main goal of the mod.

Problems with the mod:
Any that I could note when making and testing it, but if you find one please post on the main thread on subsim workshop mod forum. Any feedback is always very much appreciated!

Credits:
The idea comes from "GWX Late War RWR Antenna mod", so thanks for the original authors of this mod. Like i said above this mod just "make the same" in a very more simplified way and make it usable for potentially any Sh3 installation.

.................................................. .................................................. ......
.................................................. .................................................. ......

Snorkel_fx mod by Rubini
October 2009
===============================
This mod adds wave spray, smoke and running sound for snorkel. It´s based on WAC files, but I made it in a baunch of new files, this way it becomes compatible with any sh3 installation. Also personal tweaks was adjusted on top of WAC settings.

Limitations:
Due SH3 engine limitations the smoke and sound will appears all the time when the uboat is surfaced, but I tweaked them in a way that you will not notice too much. To solve totally the smoke issue we will need to change the smoke particles in an animation that could be linked to the snorkel commands up&down...but i will left this approach to someone more skilled on animations...

Usage and installation:
JSGME ready for GWX3.0.
*(Also again, due SH3 limitation any sound needs to be wrote on Sh3.sdl file, then I provide one for GWX3.0(default on this mod) and one for stock users. So, stock users need to rename&place the correct file and so on. Anyway, with S3D is easy to adapt this to your personal Sh3.sdl if needed. Look to "SnorkelSound", last entry on the above files.)

Compatibility:
For all sh3 installations!! This is the main goal of the mod. **Warning: WAC users don´t need this mod.

Problems with the mod:
Any that I could note when making and testing it, but if you find one please post on the main thread on subsim workshop mod forum. Any feedback is always very much appreciated!

Credits:
The idea is old but the adaptation comes from WAC files, so thanks for Hansolo. This mod just "make the same" in a very more simplified way and make it usable for potentially any Sh3 installation.

Link:
DOWNLOAD MediaFire

Last note:
To have both features - RWR and FX - you need to install both mods in any order. (WAC users must instal only the RWR mod)

Have fun!
Rubini.

Last edited by Rubini; 11-15-09 at 10:56 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 03:35 PM   #2
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Thank you very much, rubini !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 11-15-09, 04:59 PM   #3
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

Looking good Rubini! thanks
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 07:27 PM   #4
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Thanks mate!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-09, 07:41 PM   #5
coronas
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 39

Thank you, Rubini!
Old 11-15-09, 09:00 PM   #6
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Rubini , every time you release a mod is always a very pleasant surprise for me !!
thank you

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 08:59 AM   #7
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68

Thank you, for uploading this mod
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 11:56 AM   #8
evan82
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 197
Uploads: 12
Rubini. You are GREAT!
Old 09-04-13, 01:51 PM   #9
Ramon_Zarate
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

This mod has made my campaign more bearable, as the aircraft are very dangerous.

Now, I have the type XXI, but in 1944 I don't has the RWR in the top of the snorkel.

Could you say me How I can include this mod in the u-boot XXI?
Ramon_Zarate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 04:20 PM   #10
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

nice one rubini
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 05:29 PM   #11
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 06:08 PM   #12
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Yes a necro thread but, I somehow missed it the first time around, so I am glad it was dug up again.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 06:16 PM   #13
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
Yes a necro thread but, I somehow missed it the first time around, so I am glad it was dug up again.
That's why I chose that card and not the ones with more harsh words of the subject!
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 01:55 AM   #14
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

Thanks for resurrection of this thread, I never saw it earlier.
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 02:21 AM   #15
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300

I had no idea of such thing made for SH3.
Thank you for bringing that thread to the surface.
VONHARRIS is offline   Reply With Quote