SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-22-18, 11:42 AM   #11056
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

I was thinking about something... Those hard codded crew efficiency modifiers could be used in many ways. We only need imagination...

For example, what about players ability to "disable" his watch crew from any possible reason he can think of (leaving/entering port maybe, friendly convoy in sight) ?
This could be also applied for other sensors which can not be usually turned off (RWR, hydrophone ?)
Or even, "don't waste ammo" ability which will slow down the rate of fire but increase accuracy simulating careful aiming?
How about simulating the ending of Das Boot? An ability to send your entire crew to sleep in order to save the oxygen, with only few people still awake to finish up necessary repairs?

Really , the are lots of possibilities. We only need some imagination to utilize them realistically...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-18, 02:56 PM   #11057
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

That sounds excellent!

I always dreamed of disabling the hydrophone man always announcing tons of contacts when hearing a convoy
When i’m Aware of the convoy bearing and movement, i don’t want more each 15 seconds...and furthermore when accelerating time a bit, it’s often a mess

The idea of saving oxygen sending everybody off duty could be also useful

SH5 TWOS could be the first silent hunter to get this!
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-18, 08:42 PM   #11058
Clyde00
Mate

Downloads: 182

Looked a bit around this thread, search function too. Couldn't find a solution, but here goes....

Is there some leftover Real Nav bits in the stock new full release of TWOS?

Asking because I reinstalled both SH5 and TWOS for the new release. My old was 2.1.2 I think.
I play on full on manual target, real nav, etc... but I used to keep a quick TDW and JGSME files for another member in the house that was easier.

I ask because I see a celestrial nav fix on loading a save. No point and click sub navigation, no more sub cones-view ranges-ship id and such in game even though the TDW options are set to show them. Says disabled on the map options in both TAI and Nav map.

Just wondering if I am doing the TDW correctly? Or is there a changed process to make those TDW values xfer to the menu and layout?

Can get some screenies if I didnt explain it properly. Thanks
Clyde00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-18, 02:39 AM   #11059
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post

No idea...Probably nothing.
Hi Vecko Hi Fifi
I found this:

"By completing campaign objectives and proceeding through the dynamic campaign’s historical events, the player will advance in rank and position.
In fact, the player’s progression does not stop once he becomes captain. From that point on, experience points will increase his leadership, enhance his renown, and add skill points.
Leadership value will be added as a bonus value to each crew member’s morale pool. In other words, the more experienced the captain becomes, the more effciently the crew will perform
.Skill points are gained in the same way as renown points. They serve to upgrade crew members’ active and passive abilities"

Maybe can help
Old 10-23-18, 03:36 AM   #11060
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Hi Vecko Hi Fifi
I found this:

"By completing campaign objectives and proceeding through the dynamic campaign’s historical events, the player will advance in rank and position.
In fact, the player’s progression does not stop once he becomes captain. From that point on, experience points will increase his leadership, enhance his renown, and add skill points.
Leadership value will be added as a bonus value to each crew member’s morale pool. In other words, the more experienced the captain becomes, the more effciently the crew will perform
.Skill points are gained in the same way as renown points. They serve to upgrade crew members’ active and passive abilities"

Maybe can help
Interesting ... that makes sense.
If it is working ...

At start of career, if i remember well, i already had all leadership points...but i’m Not 100% sure.
If this feature is working correctly i should have almost no points at start.
Have to start an other one just to see how many points i get.
Old 10-23-18, 03:51 AM   #11061
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Interesting ... that makes sense.
If it is working ...

At start of career, if i remember well, i already had all leadership points...but i’m Not 100% sure.
If this feature is working correctly i should have almost no points at start.
Have to start an other one just to see how many points i get.
Hi fifi
Started new career yesterday the leadership value was 100....
I can not understand if it works good...
Old 10-23-18, 03:56 AM   #11062
Fifi
Navy Seal

Yes, i think this leadership feature is broken. Started new career to test, and got 100% leadership points.
Not a vital importance though
But for the global game, it could be nice if it could work...Vecko still have some mind braking job!
Old 10-23-18, 04:05 AM   #11063
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Yes, i think this leadership feature is broken. Started new career to test, and got 100% leadership points.
Not a vital importance though
But for the global game, it could be nice if it could work...Vecko still have some mind braking job!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...08&postcount=1

Maybe everything started here..... This mod is included with TWoS
(it seems that this Mod.., penalizing...for example :
if talking with a crew does not increase points ... why should I speak to each other?"

Last edited by hauangua; 10-23-18 at 04:50 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-18, 06:48 AM   #11064
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde00 View Post

Can get some screenies if I didnt explain it properly. Thanks
That would be the best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...08&postcount=1

Maybe everything started here..... This mod is included with TWoS
Well, it "was" included in TWoS v1.0, long time ago... I have reworked the files several times since then and reworking them right now, again.

Last edited by vdr1981; 10-23-18 at 07:23 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-18, 07:29 AM   #11065
Fifi
Navy Seal

Old 10-23-18, 09:55 AM   #11066
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Another problem - for my taste - is the mantain-depth at high values (more than 170 mts, I think); I don´t want to pilot the boat as a flight sim with speed and manual dives planes. I´m the commander, and I don´t have to control de dive planes manually. The two sailors would to manage automatically the depth at any value; with silent running at 1 knot and more than 160 - 170 mts you should command the dive planes as an Stuka pilot, and, for me, it is not realistic. Some months ago I was pursued by 5 nasty destroyers and I could leave them and survive going depth (170 mts), 1 knot speed and manually managing the dive planes, the boat had a constant tendency to take more and more depth, and I had some damage (that didn´t help...). If it is possible, it could be with an addon mod, I like to have automatic control of dive planes at all dephts; manual is nice for practice, but in the middle of a cat and mouse game is annoying.

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-18, 09:56 AM   #11067
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:

Ohhhh
congratulations Vecko excellent work

Old 10-23-18, 10:04 AM   #11068
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Quote:
That would be the best...

Well, it "was" included in TWoS v1.0, long time ago... I have reworked the files several times since then and reworking them right now, again.
Good job!

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-18, 10:37 AM   #11069
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Another problem - for my taste - is the mantain-depth at high values (more than 170 mts, I think); I don´t want to pilot the boat as a flight sim with speed and manual dives planes. I´m the commander, and I don´t have to control de dive planes manually. The two sailors would to manage automatically the depth at any value; with silent running at 1 knot and more than 160 - 170 mts you should command the dive planes as an Stuka pilot, and, for me, it is not realistic. Some months ago I was pursued by 5 nasty destroyers and I could leave them and survive going depth (170 mts), 1 knot speed and manually managing the dive planes, the boat had a constant tendency to take more and more depth, and I had some damage (that didn´t help...). If it is possible, it could be with an addon mod, I like to have automatic control of dive planes at all dephts; manual is nice for practice, but in the middle of a cat and mouse game is annoying.

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo
+1 i agree for the add on mod. It’s not easy at all to keep deep depth level while trying to escape depth charges. It’s already enough hard IMHO

While we are at future TWOS improvements, something is missing also i think.
When very bad sea, the in-bord camera should move a little more, not to say a lot more.
Of what i’ve Read, in real patrols testimonies, when sub was sailing surfaced in bad weather, it was really moving all over the place. Sailors were even sea sick!
They had to dive at least at 40m to take some rest...
Don’t know if it’s feasible but could be nice.
Only for 10 to 15 m/s maybe...
Old 10-23-18, 10:46 AM   #11070
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Do I want a submarine on rails? No.

But I thought the sextant errors and the dead reckoning errors gave the position of the ship enough slop.

I think my helmsman should be able to hold a heading.

Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote