SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
Sailor Steve supports Subsim through his many Amazon purchases, you can too!


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
Stefan Thimme
Sailor man
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 44
Downloads: 451
Uploads: 0
Default US NAVY HEAVY CRUISERS WWII

With all respects to the community I'm glad to propose a pack of US Navy Heavy Cruisers WWII for Silent Hunter 3 which have been converted from the excellent FOTRS 2.0 mod. It contains three units.

First two ones (CA Pensacola & CA Portland) were already released in December 2016 but some mistakes were found by the community's members. The units were fixed and now their updated variants are released together with newly converted third unit - CA New Orleans.









Special thanks to Rockin Robbins, who give me permission to release ships from FOTRS 2.0 for Silent Hunter 3 after their conversion.
Let me to express thanks to AOTD/MadMax and the excellent FOTRS team for original model of the ship and to Isinchievici and Buc-bgpatrascu for USN guns library.

Also special thanks to the Frog for his excellent CA Northampton model which was used as basic for CA Portland, guns models from USN guns library and also for his excellent textures for the ships and for the guns.

For GWX users: CA New Orleans uses the same class name and folder name as it is in GWX in order to replace the old one without any additional changes.

d\l link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lncwl1...isers_WWII.zip
d/l link for fix: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jyd63k...s+WWII_fix.zip

Best regards,
Stefan

Last edited by Stefan Thimme; 01-09-2017 at 12:40 AM.
Stefan Thimme is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
Anvar1061
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: on land,on air and on sea
Posts: 730
Downloads: 481
Uploads: 0
Default

Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #3
Borgneface
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Near La Rochelle - On board U-205
Posts: 432
Downloads: 548
Uploads: 0
Default

Very good ......
Borgneface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #4
Anvar1061
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: on land,on air and on sea
Posts: 730
Downloads: 481
Uploads: 0
Default

You forgot to fix

 
[Sensor 1]
NodeName=O01
LinkName=AI_Visual
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 2]
NodeName=H01
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 3]
NodeName=N01
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 4]
NodeName=R01
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19400901

[Sensor 5]
NodeName=R01
LinkName=TypeSC
StartDate=19400901
EndDate=19420601

[Sensor 6]
NodeName=R01
LinkName=TypeSG
StartDate=19420601
EndDate=19440101

[Sensor 7]
NodeName=R01
LinkName=TypeSS
StartDate=19440101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 8]
NodeName=D01
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 9]
NodeName=C01
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 10]
NodeName=R02
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19440531

[Sensor 11]
NodeName=R02
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19440601
EndDate=19451231
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #5
dsawan
A-ganger
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston. MA
Posts: 73
Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi, are these playable and can someone post screenies of the different stations?
dsawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:29 PM   #6
Stefan Thimme
Sailor man
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 44
Downloads: 451
Uploads: 0
Default

Dear Mr. Anvar,

You're right. Sorry. Please find attached a fix.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jyd63k...s_WWII_fix.zip

Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
You forgot to fix

 
[Sensor 1]
NodeName=O01
LinkName=AI_Visual
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 2]
NodeName=H01
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 3]
NodeName=N01
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 4]
NodeName=R01
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19400901

[Sensor 5]
NodeName=R01
LinkName=TypeSC
StartDate=19400901
EndDate=19420601

[Sensor 6]
NodeName=R01
LinkName=TypeSG
StartDate=19420601
EndDate=19440101

[Sensor 7]
NodeName=R01
LinkName=TypeSS
StartDate=19440101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 8]
NodeName=D01
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 9]
NodeName=C01
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Sensor 10]
NodeName=R02
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19440531

[Sensor 11]
NodeName=R02
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19440601
EndDate=19451231
Stefan Thimme is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:49 PM   #7
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: below the surface
Posts: 1,472
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Beautiful models ! Thank you very much to take time for conversion !

Still interested in conversion of King George V !
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #8
dsawan
A-ganger
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston. MA
Posts: 73
Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default

playable or just ai?
dsawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:06 PM   #9
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: below the surface
Posts: 1,472
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

AI of course, it's SH3 !
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:25 AM   #10
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: below the surface
Posts: 1,472
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
bullhorn

The damage texture applied when a shell from a ship hits the hull is the wrong one, it's very ugly :



To solve this, open NCA_Tuscaloosa.val, and in VisualDamage node, replace Expl_mask05.tga by Expl_mask01_a.tga (for the MaskTextureName).

At least for me who doesn't have this Expl_mask05.tga in my files.
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:50 AM   #11
Stefan Thimme
Sailor man
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 44
Downloads: 451
Uploads: 0
Default

Thank You, dear Kendras. I'll test it at home and revert with fix.
It's surprise for me. I arranged many missions with artillery battles between varios cruisers to test them before release. I use modpack basis GWX 3.0. What supermod do You use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
The damage texture applied when a shell from a ship hits the hull is the wrong one, it's very ugly :



To solve this, open NCA_Tuscaloosa.val, and in VisualDamage node, replace Expl_mask05.tga by Expl_mask01_a.tga (for the MaskTextureName).

At least for me who doesn't have this Expl_mask05.tga in my files.
Stefan Thimme is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:04 AM   #12
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: below the surface
Posts: 1,472
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Thimme View Post
I use modpack basis GWX 3.0. What supermod do You use?
No supermod currently installed, but I've checked in my GWX files : there is no Expl_mask05.tga in data/Misc folder. Maybe you have one ?
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:16 AM   #13
Stefan Thimme
Sailor man
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 44
Downloads: 451
Uploads: 0
Default

Most probably yes. I'll check today when I'd be at home.
I'll share it if I have it of course. But in any case thank You very much for Your testings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
No supermod currently installed, but I've checked in my GWX files : there is no Expl_mask05.tga in data/Misc folder. Maybe you have one ?
Stefan Thimme is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:22 AM   #14
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: below the surface
Posts: 1,472
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Thimme View Post
But in any case thank You very much for Your testings.
No problem, I was testing several other things in the same time. Your cruisers are just beautiful targets !
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:29 AM   #15
Stefan Thimme
Sailor man
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 44
Downloads: 451
Uploads: 0
Default

Yes, I have it. Now I remember where I have taken the mentioned damage texture.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r8plv9...E_IMMERSI5.rar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Thimme View Post
Most probably yes. I'll check today when I'd be at home.
I'll share it if I have it of course. But in any case thank You very much for Your testings.
Stefan Thimme is online   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim