SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
The newest naval sim by Totem Games!

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #61
La vache
Gunner
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 95
Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default

Sorry for the graphic errors. Use as you wish. It's their thing.
Quote:
Zitat von rudewarrior
Also, I will release a set of German orders where one has the swastika and one does not. That way people can use it as they see fit.
It is German law no swastikas, not used in historical replicas.

In the register I wanted a reference to the radio messages.
SOP = "Befehle" / Standard Operating Procedures = Einsatz Befehle
"Standardarbeitsverfahren" Is too long a word and was not used.

Let me know if you need anything else. La vache
La vache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #62
La vache
Gunner
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 95
Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default

Hello rudewarrior

What font you use, for optimal radio message?

I tried Alt Msg Font Typewriter of danurve. Have had good results, messages summarized. Did not have an overview over all mod fonts.

regards
La vache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #63
rudewarrior
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 317
Downloads: 130
Uploads: 2
Default

Hi Everyone,

If you haven't noticed, La vache and I are completing a German version of this mod. Hopefully, we will be able to finish that sometime.

However, I have also been unsatisfied with how SH3 Commander actually places the orders templates in the game. Specifically, it only puts orders in based on the date of the patrol start in to the game, so they are never updated throughout the entire patrol.

So I have started coding a small program using visual basic that would allow you to update the orders in the patrol based on the current date of the patrol. The program is basically finished, but I have run into a small snag. I did the program in Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012. The big problem with this is that I have no way to actually deploy it. Unfortunately, I didn't figure that out until I had finished. However, I was very good about commenting, and the program really isn't that complex. It just finds appropriate files and then copies them to the appropriate SH3 directory. I need to find a way to write this code into something that allows me to deploy it. Since the code is really quite simple, converting to another language shouldn't be too difficult for me if I need to.

Does anyone, preferably a coder, have some sort of advice for me on how to proceed?

Thanx in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La vache View Post
What font you use, for optimal radio message?
I sent you an email on this.
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #64
Leitender
Planesman
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 189
Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Let's say I start a patrol on 1 Jun 40. It will load a file in the folder SH3 Commander/Date/19400601. I patrol until 5 Jun 40, then save and quit the game completely. Lets say I have a file in SH3 Commander/Date/19400604. I run SH3 Commander and start the game again. Which file is it supposed to load? 19400601 or 19400604?
rudewarrior

if you want to force SH3 Commander to load your file which ist stored under 19400604, start again the Commander. Your patrol starting date "01.06.40" should be displayed on the starting screen of the Commander (Box 4). Then add the numbers of days in sea, (in this case: 4) via:

options|career options|set numbers of days spent in base to: 4

Now SH3 Commander should load all files til "05.06.40".

"After Sunday June 2, 1940.":

I agree to Wreford Brown´s statement, that neither SH3 nor SH3 Commnander store any mid-patrol data besides the player´s own saves. But these saves were used by none of both, that´s why information ist restricted to "After...".

But obviously, SH Commander adds the numbers of days in base to that patrol date, what i found out when i was messing around with your torpedo.sim and La Vache´s code lines for the radomized_events.cfg.

In general, i would prefer the idea which stands behind SH3 commander because of the automatism instead of manual using JSGME every time, when files have to be exchanged. As most of us see and play SH3 as a sim, few will finish a whole patrol in one evening, so you have to quit and thus to save the game anyway after some ingame days. So updating the Commander isn´t a big thing when restarting the game.

Btw. La vache´s controling of the torpedo.sim via Commander "WAD" if you use the above mentioned updating procedure.

Yours sincerely

Leitender
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #65
rudewarrior
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 317
Downloads: 130
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitender View Post
rudewarrior

if you want to force SH3 Commander to load your file which ist stored under 19400604, start again the Commander. Your patrol starting date "01.06.40" should be displayed on the starting screen of the Commander (Box 4). Then add the numbers of days in sea, (in this case: 4) via:

options|career options|set numbers of days spent in base to: 4

Now SH3 Commander should load all files til "05.06.40".

"After Sunday June 2, 1940.":

I agree to Wreford Brown´s statement, that neither SH3 nor SH3 Commnander store any mid-patrol data besides the player´s own saves. But these saves were used by none of both, that´s why information ist restricted to "After...".

But obviously, SH Commander adds the numbers of days in base to that patrol date, what i found out when i was messing around with your torpedo.sim and La Vache´s code lines for the radomized_events.cfg.

In general, i would prefer the idea which stands behind SH3 commander because of the automatism instead of manual using JSGME every time, when files have to be exchanged. As most of us see and play SH3 as a sim, few will finish a whole patrol in one evening, so you have to quit and thus to save the game anyway after some ingame days. So updating the Commander isn´t a big thing when restarting the game.

Btw. La vache´s controling of the torpedo.sim via Commander "WAD" if you use the above mentioned updating procedure.

Yours sincerely

Leitender
Hi Leitender,

Thanx for the input, but I have managed to deduce all of this, and as a result, I am going to be implementing a fix for JFO! v 2.0. I have written a small .exe that will place the appropriate .tga files into a directory you choose based on the current save game you want to use. The code is basically finished, and I am currently testing it to make sure it works. Once La vache has finished his German translation, and I have incorporated it into the mod, I will be releasing the new version.

Thanx for the input! I hope you like the mod!

rw
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #66
von faust
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Genova, Italy
Posts: 113
Downloads: 382
Uploads: 0
Default

Great MOD !!!
Cause my bad English I did not understand a thing.
The entries of Your "message_en.txt" must be copied and pasted in the text queue of original (or modded) message_en, replaced or what ?

Thanks again !!!
von faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #67
rudewarrior
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 317
Downloads: 130
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by von faust View Post
Great MOD !!!
Cause my bad English I did not understand a thing.
The entries of Your "message_en.txt" must be copied and pasted in the text queue of original (or modded) message_en, replaced or what ?

Thanks again !!!
You can do either. If you want to keep all of your original Radio Log messages, cut and paste it in, just don't copy over the first line as that is already there. If you want to replace it with just JFO! messages, then replace the whole file. I would recommend cut and pasting them into your current messages_en.txt as the number of messages drops off significantly toward the latter stages of the war, and if you want more messages it will be boring pretty quick.
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #68
La vache
Gunner
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 95
Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default

Hello rudewarrior

Because torpedo restriction is very confusing, I have this controlled via SH3 Commander. Restrictions for North Sea Boats November 44 could perhaps be controlled by Flotilla. Since Basic.cfg very differently, you would have to add this for every major mod.

regards La vache
La vache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #69
von faust
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Genova, Italy
Posts: 113
Downloads: 382
Uploads: 0
Hi,
I'm a bit confused on my list, I'm not sure if it's correct the activation seuqence.

I have:

- SH3 + GWX Gold
- SH3 Commander + Cfg file installer for GWX + JFO! "date" folder activated with JSGME

and this MODS list:

GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
MaGui F
FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui F
Radio Deutschland
SH-5 Water For SH-3 Ultimate V10 16 Km
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
JFO!

What do you think?

EDIT: SH3 (launched with SH3 commander) load only the file present in the date folder "19390801" of JFO! (the first folder), I see it in nav map but the templates don't change with the increase of the days, any ideas ?

HAppy New Year to all

Last edited by von faust; 12-31-2012 at 04:21 AM.
von faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #70
rudewarrior
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 317
Downloads: 130
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by La vache View Post
Hello rudewarrior

Because torpedo restriction is very confusing, I have this controlled via SH3 Commander. Restrictions for North Sea Boats November 44 could perhaps be controlled by Flotilla. Since Basic.cfg very differently, you would have to add this for every major mod.

regards La vache
Hi La vache,

I'm just going to leave this up to the player. Trying to rig up something to force compliance really isn't how I intended the mod. Makes it flexible all the way around. I just make sure I understand the orders and then choose to comply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von faust View Post
Hi,
I'm a bit confused on my list, I'm not sure if it's correct the activation seuqence.

I have:

- SH3 + GWX Gold
- SH3 Commander + Cfg file installer for GWX + JFO! "date" folder activated with JSGME

and this MODS list:

GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
MaGui F
FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui F
Radio Deutschland
SH-5 Water For SH-3 Ultimate V10 16 Km
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
JFO!

What do you think?

EDIT: SH3 (launched with SH3 commander) load only the file present in the date folder "19390801" of JFO! (the first folder), I see it in nav map but the templates don't change with the increase of the days, any ideas ?

HAppy New Year to all
I was wrong about how SH3 Commander worked. It will only load the orders associated with the start date of the patrol. It won't update in mission. When you start a new patrol, you will get a new set of orders.

For the next release, I will have a small .exe file that will allow you to update the orders mid-patrol.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #71
max-peck
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 717
Downloads: 325
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi Rudewarrior

Haven't posted on here for a while but just had to log on to say this is an awesome piece of work.

Had to reinstall SH3 to check it out.

Good work mate
__________________


--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #72
rudewarrior
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 317
Downloads: 130
Uploads: 2
Default

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know, we are just a few days from releasing the "JFO!" Mod v2.0. There are two main features to the new version. First, it is being offered in a German translation. Second, it now features a small executable that will update the orders displayed in the game based on the save game (or date) of your choice. It will be run external to the game, so you must quit the game to update the orders. However, it makes the mod much easier to implement accurately.

The only thing left to do is a German translation of the readme, which is currently in progress. Once done, the mod will be released.

As a housekeeping measure. If any moderators happen to read this post:

Is it better to release the new version by editing the first post of this thread, or should I make an new thread altogether? I've seen it done both ways. Which would you prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Haven't posted on here for a while but just had to log on to say this is an awesome piece of work.

Had to reinstall SH3 to check it out.

Good work mate
Thanx! I'm glad you liked it!
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #73
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In sight of Stonehenge
Posts: 1,750
Downloads: 49
Uploads: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudewarrior View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know, we are just a few days from releasing the "JFO!" Mod v2.0.
I've been waiting for this one for a while!
__________________

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #74
fitzcarraldo
Argentinischer Kaleun
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 3,087
Downloads: 1391
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown View Post
I've been waiting for this one for a while!
+1...Waiting the orders!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #75
Vermin
Helmsman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 105
Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0
Default

Has anyone got this working with MaGui 3.4 Widescreen?

If so, what "positions" of the templates etc do I need to use?

Thanks

Vermin
Vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim