SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #16
Albrecht Von Hesse
Ace of the Deep
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD (usually running patrols at my pc)
Posts: 1,199
Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default

I hate to ask, but could you, please, pop over to http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...17#post1951017 and see what, if any, problems I might have when incorporating this mod based upon problems I'm already experiencing?

Apologizing, and thanking, in advance,

Albrecht von Hesse
__________________
Albrecht von Hesse

Albrecht Von Hesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #17
rudewarrior
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 319
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse View Post
I hate to ask, but could you, please, pop over to http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...17#post1951017 and see what, if any, problems I might have when incorporating this mod based upon problems I'm already experiencing?
I responded over in the other thread. Hopefully, the little bit of advice I could put over there helps.

Good luck.
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #18
Albrecht Von Hesse
Ace of the Deep
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD (usually running patrols at my pc)
Posts: 1,199
Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default

I'm definetely interested! But until I've got my soup up, running and stable I'm afraid to try integrating this is as of right now. I do have one quick question: I'm running h.sie's hardcode fix, and I'll soon be adding (again, once everything else is up, running and stable) Steibler's hardcode fix. Are you aware of any problems if I fully add everything of "Just Follow Orders!" after I've activated those hardcode fixes?
__________________
Albrecht von Hesse

Albrecht Von Hesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #19
rudewarrior
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 319
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse View Post
Are you aware of any problems if I fully add everything of "Just Follow Orders!" after I've activated those hardcode fixes?
There will be no problems. Not only does the mod not interfere with any other mods, but I use all of those mods, too.
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
fitzcarraldo
Argentinischer Kaleun
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 3,285
Downloads: 1497
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse View Post
I'm definetely interested! But until I've got my soup up, running and stable I'm afraid to try integrating this is as of right now. I do have one quick question: I'm running h.sie's hardcode fix, and I'll soon be adding (again, once everything else is up, running and stable) Steibler's hardcode fix. Are you aware of any problems if I fully add everything of "Just Follow Orders!" after I've activated those hardcode fixes?
I have JFO with Hsie and Stiebler mods, and no problem.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #21
sublynx
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Posts: 1,660
Downloads: 172
Uploads: 7
Default

THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT MOD!

One reason people like me always return to SH3 is the fact the great mods like these still keep appearing. After I finish playing Fallout New Vegas I'll be sure to return to the game and try this mod.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NYGM+H.sie v16+Stiebler 4C+MaGui WS
sublynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #22
La vache
Gunner
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 99
Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default

To many thanks rudewarrior for her excellent work.
I have it in my LSH installation and it runs very well.
But because I German Jung, work I on a translation.
Are you interested in a publication of a German version?
I would work with pleasure with them.

Regards.
La vache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #23
rudewarrior
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 319
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT MOD!
You're welcome!
And thank you for the templates that I used for the orders. They made my life a lot easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by La vache View Post
Are you interested in a publication of a German version?
I think that coming up with a German version would be a good project. What would have to be translated would be:
  1. Each of the entries for the orders.
  2. The notes that supplement the mod.
  3. Everything written on the templates.
  4. The radio messages.
  5. The readme.
I actually took German for 4 years, way long ago in high school. I don't remember it enough to say whether or not it will be easy to translate. There may be an obstacle due to the terrible English I have used to make the mod. The sequence of translation is that I have taken an English translation of German and condensed it down to poorly written almost pidgin English to make it fit into the mod. So now that needs to be translated back into German, which means that it could wind up looking very ugly in its final form. Hopefully, it would be something that looks reasonable in the end.
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #24
La vache
Gunner
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 99
Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Zitat von rudewarrior
I actually took German for 4 years, way long ago in high school. I don't remember it enough to say whether or not it will be easy to translate. There may be an obstacle due to the terrible English I have used to make the mod.
Thus it goes for me with English.

  1. Each of the entries for the orders. Still Open
  2. The notes that supplement the mod. In work
  3. Everything written on the templates. Completely
  4. The radio messages. In work
  5. The readme. Still Open
Your source is: www.uboatarchive.net/BDUKTB.htm?
I translate it from there and from her Mod to understand the sense, because there is no German Orginal.
I do not work only, a couple of friends helping me.
It is still a little bit of work, if done, it was I send to you.

For the chart I would use another font, in order to be able to read it better. Is this OK?

Regards.
La vache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #25
rudewarrior
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 319
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by La vache View Post
Thus it goes for me with English.

  1. Each of the entries for the orders. Still Open
  2. The notes that supplement the mod. In work
  3. Everything written on the templates. Completely
  4. The radio messages. In work
  5. The readme. Still Open
Your source is: www.uboatarchive.net/BDUKTB.htm?
I translate it from there and from her Mod to understand the sense, because there is no German Orginal.
I do not work only, a couple of friends helping me.
It is still a little bit of work, if done, it was I send to you.

For the chart I would use another font, in order to be able to read it better. Is this OK?

Regards.
Ok, cool. If you get it all done, I should be able to easily make it into a German version. For the charts I can use a different font. I can't tell from what you are saying if you are just trying to translate the text on the templates, or edit it directly on the template itself. If you can just translate the text, I will put it on the template, so you don't have to worry about editing the actual drawing.

If you are only doing the translation, then carry on.
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #26
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In my U-552 and Tiger
Posts: 1,732
Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0
Default

With this german version you make a really great job La Vache qui rit!

Gruss Sepp
__________________
U-552
Tiger
IDF
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 AM   #27
La vache
Gunner
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 99
Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default

greeting rudewarrior

I have them sent to my Templates. Please check and say your opinion.

I have problems with the translation.

27 Jul 40: Ops in North Sea effectively end until the end of 1944. Any orders to patrol zones inside the North Sea area are to be ignored and/or reissued.

I found this entry does not and also not the sense.
But this entry.

17 Aug 40: The Fuehrer's orders, containing permission for unrestricted action against all vessels in the sea area around England, were passed to the boats.
17. August 40: Befehl des Führers, Erlaubnis für uneingeschränkte Waffeneinsatz gegen alle Schiffe im Seegebiet um England.

Says this is the same?

Thank you for your help.
La vache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #28
rudewarrior
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
Posts: 319
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 2
Default

The date files for SH3 Commander do not seem to be loading the correct order template files based on the current date of my patrol.

For example, I have started a patrol on 25 Aug 39, and the prize rules orders template loaded is for 1 Aug 39. This is correct. However, I have quit the game such that the current patrol date is 5 Sep 39. These means it should load the orders from the prize rules for 4 Sep 39. Is this the way SH3 Commander is actually supposed to work? I thought it could read the current date of the mission you were actually in, at least it says that in the manual. I've searched the forums and I can't find anything. Is it working properly for people using the mod? I thought I tested this before I released it. Is my mind playing tricks on me? What's going on here?
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #29
La vache
Gunner
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 99
Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default

Hello rudewarrior

I briefly tested, all ok.

Why

regards La vache
La vache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #30
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In sight of Stonehenge
Posts: 1,750
Downloads: 49
Uploads: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudewarrior View Post
The date files for SH3 Commander do not seem to be loading the correct order template files based on the current date of my patrol.

For example, I have started a patrol on 25 Aug 39, and the prize rules orders template loaded is for 1 Aug 39. This is correct. However, I have quit the game such that the current patrol date is 5 Sep 39. These means it should load the orders from the prize rules for 4 Sep 39. Is this the way SH3 Commander is actually supposed to work? I thought it could read the current date of the mission you were actually in, at least it says that in the manual. I've searched the forums and I can't find anything. Is it working properly for people using the mod? I thought I tested this before I released it. Is my mind playing tricks on me? What's going on here?
SH3 Commander doesn't read the current date of the mission in-game, it only loads the date files when you first run SH3. If you want it to update the correct files you'll need to quit SH3 and load again.
__________________

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim