SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
The newest naval sim by Totem Games!

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #31
Paajtor
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Dutch mountains
Posts: 1,501
Downloads: 43
Uploads: 1
Default

There's one thing I didn't see in the mod's readme: is it confirmed, to be safe to install while on patrol?
Btw, same question for the longer-torpedo-wakes mod.
__________________



Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:02 AM   #32
nvdrifter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Downloads:
Uploads:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paajtor
There's one thing I didn't see in the mod's readme: is it confirmed, to be safe to install while on patrol?
Btw, same question for the longer-torpedo-wakes mod.
Oops. Sorry for not mentioning that. You should be ok to install while on patrol, but be sure to back up your saved game files first... just in case.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #33
chris
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 117
Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default

This is brilliant, NVdrifter - thank you very much.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #34
Boris
Sea Lord
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,695
Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Default

perfetto! how about we include this in the GWX update kap?
__________________



Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #35
CCIP
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Waterloo, Canada
Posts: 8,946
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 2


Default

Didn't notice an FPS hit at any TC - though my particles are set to render only below 8x.

Looking great! My only slight complaint is that the wakes develop much more slowly now (takes a couple of minutes for a full wake to form), but it's worth waiting :p
__________________

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #36
Paajtor
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Dutch mountains
Posts: 1,501
Downloads: 43
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdrifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paajtor
There's one thing I didn't see in the mod's readme: is it confirmed, to be safe to install while on patrol?
Btw, same question for the longer-torpedo-wakes mod.
Oops. Sorry for not mentioning that. You should be ok to install while on patrol, but be sure to back up your saved game files first... just in case.
rgr that
__________________



Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #37
ViperU48
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 118
Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
Default

Will this mod be made compatible with the vanilla SH3? or is it already compatible for it if one just doesnt install all those .val files for the ships the vanilla SH3 doesnt have?
__________________
...Wir alle leben auf einem gelben Unterseeboot...
ViperU48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:49 PM   #38
edjcox
Engineer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shang Gri La
Posts: 218
Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Wakes ahead

Thanks for the pictures and posts.

Installing now..

Yes this is a good idea... Is there provision in the effect for wave actions and there negative impacts on wake lengths...

SH3 and the many mods really have improved the game...

Are you seeing this UBISOFT and incorperating it into SH4 ??


So jetzt tauchen wir.... Bis spater!!
edjcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #39
Paajtor
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Dutch mountains
Posts: 1,501
Downloads: 43
Uploads: 1
__________________



Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:30 PM   #40
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Carolina, CSA
Posts: 684
Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
Default

Maybe just coincidence, but I spotted two Beauforts at long range and crashed dived. I was down to 30 mtrs and went to external view on one of the Beauforts. As it passed over over the remains of my wake it turned, dived and dropped its ordnance on my wake. Don't recall that happening before unless I had just been able to make it down to about 10 mtrs. Could the aircraft AI be set to spot and attack a U-boat wake?
__________________


GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #41
nvdrifter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Downloads:
Uploads:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
Didn't notice an FPS hit at any TC - though my particles are set to render only below 8x.

Looking great! My only slight complaint is that the wakes develop much more slowly now (takes a couple of minutes for a full wake to form), but it's worth waiting :p
The wakes starting out slower is a side effect of having longer wakes that cannot be avoided.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #42
nvdrifter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Downloads:
Uploads:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperU48
Will this mod be made compatible with the vanilla SH3? or is it already compatible for it if one just doesnt install all those .val files for the ships the vanilla SH3 doesnt have?
It will probably work correctly with vanilla SH3, but I am not positive. You could still install all of the extra .val files used in GWX and the game probably wouldn't even notice them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:33 PM   #43
nvdrifter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Downloads:
Uploads:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
Maybe just coincidence, but I spotted two Beauforts at long range and crashed dived. I was down to 30 mtrs and went to external view on one of the Beauforts. As it passed over over the remains of my wake it turned, dived and dropped its ordnance on my wake. Don't recall that happening before unless I had just been able to make it down to about 10 mtrs. Could the aircraft AI be set to spot and attack a U-boat wake?
Interesting... :hmm:
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #44
Corrupt_File
Sparky
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada's Western Naval Fleet
Posts: 157
Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default

I know that bombers will often drop bombs on areas I was last seen. If it does happen that aircraft will bomb at your wake, awesome!
Corrupt_File is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:32 AM   #45
U-104
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 797
Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0
Default

THE MOD IS HERE.:ro ck:
__________________
My heart is steadfast, O God. I will sing and make music with all my soul. Ps. 108:1

Survival of the fittest does not explain arrival of the fittest.

we live in a single spoken sentence.. "God said, let there be"


U-104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim