SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-14-17, 11:04 AM   #466
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

@Xenonsurf

I read the first time about this engine error message.
I also have your graphics card and no problem at all in stock resolution or FHD 1920*1080.

As you realize Full Interiors so NOT support beaming to the stations. That is no bug.

Museum should also work without Full Interiors.
Old 12-14-17, 12:00 PM   #467
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

@HanSolo,

Do you have to lower the resolution on your desktop from 1920x1080 to a lower one in order to start SH3? I have to set desktop to 1280x1024 else I get the error window:

"Can not initialize 3D Engine".

In your Dokument folder > SH3 > main.cfg, what resolution do you have?

Thanks,
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 01:48 PM   #468
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

I think I have resolved my problems: I must change the scaling options in my NVidia Control Panel in order to launch SH3, to launch I set the scaling to Fullscreen instead of the default 'Seitenverhältnis'.

Still the Museum doesn't work but I can live without it.

Cheers,
Old 12-14-17, 04:41 PM   #469
redline202
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Great mod HanSolo, i appreciate all the hard work you done and your team .
Really well done, new textures, sound improvements, campaign is amazing...
I have added some of my own flavors, it's just a matter of taste, anyway I have a question or two...i will post this question here because i think HanSolo will know what im talking about.

I have noticed also in other mods and in vanilla there is a problem
with destroyers in bad weather at wind speed 15 (high waves). Some of the destroyers will sink eventually like Hunt class and some others like Tribal class are more stable in bad weather conditions. So it's not just in this mod, it's everywhere...i have tested this in 4-5 different mods and vanilla and basically the results are the same. Some of them will become submerged in a matter of few minutes and sometimes they can hold on for about 1-2 hours before i sink them .

So for those who understand a little bit what i am talking about, my settings in scene.dat are for windspeed 15 waves. Scale x = 5, y = 0,29, z = 5. When i lower the y below 0.2 of waves the destroyers are "more stable" but i have low waves. (I have tried other settings from other mods and it's basically the same) Also i was experimenting to change settings in sim file for a destroyers. Hunt II was sinking like crazy. If i change for Hunt II
Gravity center fr_ratio = 0,6 to 0,3 the ship is much more stable but not completely.
Now it can last for 3-5 hours more before he sinks. Also when i chage the drag (LR = 0,5 UD = 0,3) to drag (LR = 5 and UD = 5) makes sense? no.. but the ship can now last for about 3-6-10 hours before he sinks.

So like i said, i was experimenting to solve this with a combination of other mods, and i just managed to extended the life of a destroyers for a few hours more before they sink.
If i lower the wave value all the way below, they will never sink but then i don't have high waves at storm weather conditions. Did anyone had better luck to solve this?
And as you can see my english is perfect who said it's not.

Last edited by redline202; 12-14-17 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-14-17, 05:23 PM   #470
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

@redline

Hi mate!

Nice to see you again here.
Thx for feedback! A lot of work there in is from many modders!
The destroyer bug has recently been discussed here:
http://subsim.com/radioroom/showpost...&postcount=430

Seems solved
Old 12-15-17, 12:38 PM   #471
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Now that I have sorted-out all problems in Win7, it only remains that single missions and campaign loadings take a lot of time (minutes). So I have a delicate question:

What would happen If I load only the 'WAC 5.0 Campaign Atlantic_Baltic' with the stock game? Will this work?
Is there any way to transform WAC 5.01 into a 'Light' version, taking away some eye-candy animations and objects in 3D world, yet keeping all new vessels/sub interiors and campaign files?
For example: only reduced 3D world decors from WAC 2.15/WAC 3.0 but with all new vessels/subs/AI subs and the new Campaign? Would this make WAC running and loading faster?

If yes, I would at least roughly know how and what to take away from WAC 5.01. I know it's a delicate subject, you have done everything to go to the limit, but sometimes less could be better for some computer systems...
Old 12-15-17, 12:40 PM   #472
redline202
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
@redline

Hi mate!

Nice to see you again here.
Thx for feedback! A lot of work there in is from many modders!
The destroyer bug has recently been discussed here:
http://subsim.com/radioroom/showpost...&postcount=430

Seems solved
Hi. I have tried what you and itadriver have suggested but it didn't work for me. However you did pointed me at the right direction and i have managed to fix that. Thanks mate!
Old 12-15-17, 02:54 PM   #473
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Now that I have sorted-out all problems in Win7, it only remains that single missions and campaign loadings take a lot of time (minutes). So I have a delicate question:

What would happen If I load only the 'WAC 5.0 Campaign Atlantic_Baltic' with the stock game? Will this work?
Is there any way to transform WAC 5.01 into a 'Light' version, taking away some eye-candy animations and objects in 3D world, yet keeping all new vessels/sub interiors and campaign files?
For example: only reduced 3D world decors from WAC 2.15/WAC 3.0 but with all new vessels/subs/AI subs and the new Campaign? Would this make WAC running and loading faster?

If yes, I would at least roughly know how and what to take away from WAC 5.01. I know it's a delicate subject, you have done everything to go to the limit, but sometimes less could be better for some computer systems...
Or It is perhaps time to change your computer. Happy Christmas ;-)
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-17, 03:29 PM   #474
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

@Xenonsurf

Well, WAC campaign with stock game will result in a CTD, because Units scripted in WAC are not in the Stock game.

Three simple things you can do:

1. Do not activate the Baltic Atlantic campaign to reduce loading times, but you will loose all historical events.

2. Use Stock harbour_kit.dat File to gain memory and FPS.

3. If that is not enough, deinstall WAC5.01 and install WAC4.1, Ccom or LSH.

@Redline

Good to hear!
Old 12-15-17, 04:36 PM   #475
itadriver
Commander

Downloads: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline202 View Post
Hi. I have tried what you and itadriver have suggested but it didn't work for me. However you did pointed me at the right direction and i have managed to fix that. Thanks mate!

Do you see where is NEFloodB (168)?
With heavy see it go down more than 0 meters... but if you set an high value ...

Last edited by itadriver; 12-15-17 at 04:48 PM.
itadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-17, 07:47 PM   #476
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

Hi Ita

in s3d
How show you "property tree" frame (and property details) to the right of the picture ? thanks
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-17, 07:51 PM   #477
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
@Xenonsurf

Well, WAC campaign with stock game will result in a CTD, because Units scripted in WAC are not in the Stock game.

Three simple things you can do:

1. Do not activate the Baltic Atlantic campaign to reduce loading times, but you will loose all historical events.

2. Use Stock harbour_kit.dat File to gain memory and FPS.

3. If that is not enough, deinstall WAC5.01 and install WAC4.1, Ccom or LSH.
Thanks. Your 2) is an option for me. Does it mean all ports will look like in vanilla and can you still dock?

Can I uninstall the campaign from JSGME when I play only single missions?

Then, it's excluded I guess that I could transform WAC 2.0/2.15 just to get the new campaigns Atlantic_Baltic and Mediteranean ? There would be entire folders and files to replace, but I would go the way, or: is the campaign aspect of WAC 5.01 similar to WAC 2.15? I'm mainly interested in the Campaign, mission messages during campaign etc. and less interested in eye-candy objects or environment. If the campaign is the same (but obviously with less new vessels) I would cheerfully play WAC 2.15 + some widescreen fix.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 12-15-17 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-15-17, 08:05 PM   #478
redline202
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itadriver View Post

Do you see where is NEFloodB (168)?
With heavy see it go down more than 0 meters... but if you set an high value ...
Yeah, good find..itadriver!
Old 12-15-17, 10:21 PM   #479
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75

OK, I'm trying this out, no luck so far.

Did a fresh install of SH3 using Direct2Drive version - installs as 1.4.0.1

Installed JSGME

Installed the following mods:
WarAceCampaign 5.0
WarAceCampaign 5.0 Patch_5.01
WAC5.0 Campaign_Atlantic_Baltic
02-Gauges v2
WAC5.0 Subpens_Ambient_Light
WAC5.x_smaller_waves

I used the V16B1-Patch-Kit to patch my SH3.exe, and then used the HsieOptionsSelector.exe to enable 4GB (though I do not know if any command line switch is needed to use this).

When I run the above, everything seems to work (full screen, too, on my GTX960 + 1920x1080 display), but when I try to load a Single Mission, like Happy Times, I get to about 90% on the load bar and it hangs.

If I try to use the WAC5.01 WideScreensGUI 1920x1080 Ahnerbe mod, then after the intro movie plays I get a black screen and eventually the menu music is playing but the screen stays black.

Any suggestions?

It sure would be nice to get a complete installation instruction tutorial including installation of WAC, all related mods, SH3 patching, h.sie configuration, and SH3 Commander installation. Right now the WAC installation tutorial only covers about 20% of the work to get a complete setup.

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 01:29 AM   #480
itadriver
Commander

Downloads: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlea View Post
Hi Ita

in s3d
How show you "property tree" frame (and property details) to the right of the picture ? thanks
Open dat and zon
In dat 'model preview' click on the 6th icon.
itadriver is offline   Reply With Quote