Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-25-08, 03:36 AM   #31
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Some new faces around here - welcome you all aboard!
The 2 new games seems to give a good activity boost to the Tanksim forum

HunterICX
Old 10-25-08, 07:22 AM   #32
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Welcome aboard all. Mature players? Hmmmm....it all depends on your definition of mature I'm off today to see if I can secure a copy
Old 10-26-08, 07:23 PM   #33
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

No joy on a copy yet. The search continues
Old 10-26-08, 10:58 PM   #34
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Okie, just ordered it from Lighthouse's webby.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 11:00 PM   #35
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

So whens this one gona be released in the US?
Old 10-27-08, 12:05 PM   #36
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
So whens this one gona be released in the US?
I went to Best Buy and K-mart. K-mart is always a long shot. No joy Perhaps by next weekend they will be on the shelf.
Old 10-28-08, 01:05 PM   #37
ArmorEtr
Watch

Downloads: 1

Hiyas, waiting for Gogamer.com to start shipping out the game. But would certainly be interested in clan/team play.
ArmorEtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 08:58 AM   #38
CPO1TIGGS
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default SIGNUP

I would be interested as well Panzer Mk VI for me ...and I really am interested in this genre...however am still deciding whether to download as the over all response to the sim in the Lighthouse Forums has not been positive to say the least and there seems to be very little feedback from the Dev Team or Publisher concerning all the apparent issues.

Cheers and have a great day

TIGGS
Old 10-29-08, 09:40 AM   #39
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Currently best advise probably is to wait with buying and see wether they move within a reasonable time or not. but there is not much reason to be optimistic.

There is a second chance with Steel Fury. A chance from that chance is a mentioned successor to Steel Fury which then will feature MP as well. It is a reasonable assumption, though, that the fate of the successor will depend on how the predecessor performs in sales - and that will depend on it's quality.

And SBP always is a third option of apparently superior quality anyway. And it has MP as well - functional, and stable, and being a blast, they say.
Old 10-29-08, 01:43 PM   #40
Boats
Loader

Downloads: 74
Default Not giving up on this one, BUT...

I had my order with gogamer changed from this title to Steel Fury.

Buzz is Steel Fury will be upgraded in one way or another to include multi-player.

As for WW2 tvt I can't see the point in buying the game if the multiplayer is SNAFU. That's the only reason I was buying it in the first place. I'd be more motivated to jump in with my eyes closed if the developers would at least make a statement about addressing the problems.

If they fix it, I'll buy it, my interest isn't completely dead. But without multiplayer its kind of pointless.
Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 02:01 PM   #41
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Currently best advise probably is to wait with buying and see wether they move within a reasonable time or not. but there is not much reason to be optimistic.

There is a second chance with Steel Fury. A chance from that chance is a mentioned successor to Steel Fury which then will feature MP as well. It is a reasonable assumption, though, that the fate of the successor will depend on how the predecessor performs in sales - and that will depend on it's quality.

And SBP always is a third option of apparently superior quality anyway. And it has MP as well - functional, and stable, and being a blast, they say.
Not bad advise. Not sure myself if I should purchase now or wait a little while for Steel Fury.
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 03:00 PM   #42
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats
I had my order with gogamer changed from this title to Steel Fury.

Buzz is Steel Fury will be upgraded in one way or another to include multi-player.
Probably not, nobody mentioned that. but it was mentioned that the team considers a steel Fury 2 which then will inlcude MP - if the first Steel Fury being released in some days justifies that project. I have read that in their forum. No matter how, we speak not about months but 1-3 years in time, I think. So, if MP is a must for you, SBP is the path to go as long as you do not want to wait that long.

Why preordering Steel Fury anyway? Just wait for the release and then check the customer'S feedback - and then order it if you want. Amazon sends it to you just the other day. Preordering if not being sure about what to expect, is nothing but a gamble. That way, low-quality developers get encouraged - since their stuff sells despite low quality. as long as they must not fight for customers, most of them will not improve - why should they make their life difficult if they get their gold in easier ways as well?
Old 10-29-08, 03:31 PM   #43
Boats
Loader

Downloads: 74

Well, as someone else already stated, I'm a WW2 history enthusiast. My interest in that time period even had me joining the Marines as a young man.
Anyway, I had TVT pre-ordered through gogamer because, as someone else has stated, there isn't much else out there for new WW2 tank sims. I'm not too concerned with Steel Fury because it's not getting poor feed back from those who already have it. The reviews are good, as were the reviews for TVT, but there isn't any multiplayer to offset those good reviews. Afterall, TVT was given a good review until people tried to connect with more than one other player.:rotfl: And even now you can find someone giving it a good word over on the TVT forum. If they stay in single player mode.

So I suppose I'll wait and see what happens with TVT and get my kicks on steel beast (almost said route 66). Just d/led the demo of COD World at War so that will hold me over for awhile.

As for Amazon, I don't do internet type shopping. I like to be able to send a check in. And I think GOgamer is the only distributor in the states for these two titles. EB has never listed them.
Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 05:39 PM   #44
CPO1TIGGS
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default I bit the bullet and Downloaded form Gamersgate

It took about an hour and a half to DL, comes with PDF Manual and a Gamespy Patch for MP.....and it works surprised the crap out of me; especially with all the negative threads....the sim works extremely well... I am running a Core 2 Quad with 4 Gig Ram with two 1 Gig Nvidia GTX 260's in SLI configuration...VISTA OS..... I did not have to add extra DLL Files. It does ask if I want to run FFDshow (I do not know what that is) but I run that....and the game runs just fine.... on to try the editor and see if I can hook up with some one for MP.

TiGGs
Old 11-15-08, 06:27 AM   #45
Skybird
Soaring

Is this thread still alive? Else it gets moved into the TvT Resources.