SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-20-14, 02:22 PM   #526
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 781
Uploads: 35
SHO

Hello need some help here I"m using stock sh4 speech recognition and when I say battle stations it takes me to the damage control screen battle stations does not work am I saying something wrong everything else is working right except battle stations thanks.

Lt Cmdr Lare
Lt commander lare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-14, 02:40 PM   #527
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 781
Uploads: 35
SHO

Just an FYi when I say battlestations it takes me to the little blue button next to the battle stations icon and then it goes to the torpedo load screen can you tell me what i'm doing wrong thanks.

Lt Commander Lare

Last edited by Lt commander lare; 09-20-14 at 03:01 PM.
Lt commander lare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-15, 09:14 PM   #528
suitednate
Planesman

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Having trouble getting this to work. The program is recognizing my commands but they are NOT being input/transmitted into the game. Followed all the instructions. Can anyone out there please help? Would love to get this working. Thanks.
suitednate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 08:16 PM   #529
tohowalk
Watch

Downloads: 48
Default Trying to fine tune SH4speech

I can't yet answer any recent questions (but I'm close); instead I have a couple of my own. I have been trying to fine tune this to work with my resolution. I have figured out how to remap the location of the various buttons. I am now working on the dials. For example, when I give the command to "make your speed x knots", SH4speech always hits too high of a speed - for 1 knot I get 2, for 2 knots I get close to 5. I have the depth and course dials working pretty well, but I can't figure out the speed dial. Unfortunately, I know nothing of programming (although I was darn good with JCL years ago), so I'm hoping I can do this without having to learn to rewrite the programming. Any thoughts or suggestions are very welcome!

Tohowalk

I hate when I do this - got it figured out - I assumed the dial centers were all the same, but by changing knotmeter center a few pixels I was able to get it almost exact.

Last edited by tohowalk; 03-01-15 at 09:24 PM. Reason: add comment
tohowalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-15, 07:15 AM   #530
Staunch
Swabbie

Downloads: 131
Default Solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitednate View Post
Having trouble getting this to work. The program is recognizing my commands but they are NOT being input/transmitted into the game. Followed all the instructions. Can anyone out there please help? Would love to get this working. Thanks.
I to had this problem and it drove me nuts! I finally think I found the solution. Make both sh4speech and silent hunter itself run as windows seven. Go to file properties and look for compatibility settings. It worked for me.
Staunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-15, 12:50 PM   #531
GenMarkof007
Swabbie

Downloads: 82
Default s4Speech CVS files for 1920x1080 OM Mod?

Ahoy all,

I have some issues with my s4speech commands for SH4 (only Bridge, AA Gun, Deck Gun and sometimes Map works). I'm playing with a 1920x1080 resolution screen and the OM mod. If anyone has made a new version of the CVS files for this screen resolution and/or the OM mod... please let me know if I could have a copy. If not, can you point me how I could modify the default ( stock ) CVS files.

Cheers all,
GenMarkof007
GenMarkof007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-16, 01:43 AM   #532
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

I don't know why it's taken me nine years to try this out, but now that I have, I find it's somewhat outdated.

Does anyone happen to run this with TMO 2.5? I'd be very grateful if someone had a set of files that work with TMO, before I dive into the files and try to figure it out.
Old 03-21-16, 03:39 AM   #533
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi razark
This works quite well with TMOwTw2.50
It is not perfect 100% but is still very useful.
Make sure you choose the correct version as there are 4 to choose from.
Enter you screen resolution if it is different from the default in your chosen version.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-16, 05:35 PM   #534
razark
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
Does anyone happen to run this with TMO 2.5? I'd be very grateful if someone had a set of files that work with TMO, before I dive into the files and try to figure it out.
Here you go. I managed to mostly make it work, but there are a few problems with mouse click locations. I hope this helps you.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4911
Old 06-24-16, 01:29 PM   #535
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
I don't know why it's taken me nine years to try this out, but now that I have, I find it's somewhat outdated.
LOL
Old 06-24-16, 01:39 PM   #536
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp View Post
LOL
Hey! Welcome back! Glad to see you still around and you see your SH4speech is still being used. My wife thought I was losing it when she heard me talking to nobody in particular while playing the game.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 06:05 PM   #537
razark
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp View Post
LOL
Now I can properly tell you thank you!

First, thanks for this wonderful new way to play.
Second, thanks for entertaining my kids. They've never had so much fun shouting "Crash dive" and "Pause game"!
Old 06-29-16, 01:54 AM   #538
minsc_tdp
XO

Default yay

Thanks for the kind words! Super glad to see people still using it. I do pop in here from time to time. Wish I could be of more help. I see the community has helped one another with many issues and that's great.

From time to time I often think about setting this all up again and seeing how it works. Curious how it scales on my 4K monitor and whether it still works with Windows 10. I wonder about bugs that exist in the tubes system on different boats, that I'm pretty sure are there but were never really pinned down. I occasionally open the code and wonder "how the hell did I manage to actually finish that?" I don't understand most of it anymore, lol. I wonder what Trigger Maru looks like these days and wonder how well it works with it. Given all the variations, early on I decided that "all I can really do is support stock really well, and ensure that it's all editable for those who want to make it work with TM".
Old 06-29-16, 02:19 AM   #539
minsc_tdp
XO

Default new release

Just to re-familiarize myself with the release/update process, I added razark's tmo 2.5 files to shSpeech and called it 2.55. I hope you don't mind razark. If you're working to improve them and want to update it at some point, PM me and I'll send you my email.

The first release update in 8 years, haha! I can't believe that.
Old 06-29-16, 03:09 AM   #540
minsc_tdp
XO

welp, I can't believe it but I fired it up and set my resolution to 4K and it just worked. Did a quick mission and lost hopelessly to an onslaught of destroyers while struggling to remember how torpedoes actually work. Even without manual targeting I didn't manage to hit anything, lol. I have completely forgotten how the stadimeter, range finder, etc settings all work. It's in my memory banks somewhere I'm sure. Just very fuzzy. I'm old now. haha

4K resolution seemed fine. Battlestations command seemed fine. To the earlier poster having trouble with that, I'd suggest checking your JSGME to ensure you've removed all mods and are really running stock. If you're in TMO then you need to use a different shSpeech bat file to call a different set of CSVs since TMO moves around a lot of the command bar buttons for some reason.

I noticed that sometimes shutting it down crashes the MS Speech Engine. It seems that to get a clean run, you have to shut down the speech widget at the top of the screen, relaunch shSpeech, and when the widget appears it'll be set to "Off" and you have to click the little microphone, at which point it'll be listening. A nice touch is that if you speak an unrecognized command, you'll hear a little tone, which of course is hard to hear with shells going off all around you everywhere lol. I forgot how much fun this is. The sheer panic, screaming commands, even when it doesn't work, it's kind of realistic as there are explosions going off and maybe your crew didn't hear you. It's nice when they do and immediately acknowledge you.