SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-31-17, 04:48 AM   #1
Stefan Thimme
Gunner

Downloads: 842
Uploads: 1
Default To add new country: Vichy France

I'd like to add new Axis country (Vichy France) to SH3. But I didn't find any manuals how to do it. Let me ask the community with all respects to instruct me how to proceed with this. Thank You very much in advance for any help.
Stefan Thimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-17, 06:26 AM   #2
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Thimme View Post
I'd like to add new Axis country (Vichy France) to SH3. But I didn't find any manuals how to do it. Let me ask the community with all respects to instruct me how to proceed with this. Thank You very much in advance for any help.
That's easy. But first, let me ask you why you want to use France as allied of Germany ? I think you know that Vichy was not on the Axis side, the French Fleet scuttled in Toulon on 27 November 1942 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuttl...leet_in_Toulon).

If you just want to make France on the axis side during a certain period of time, go in data/roster/ and open the .txt file where each country is set as neutral, axis or allied side depending on the date.
Old 01-31-17, 06:55 AM   #3
Stefan Thimme
Gunner

Downloads: 842
Uploads: 1

To be frank I have already done it and I put France as Axis country in my home mod pack for period from British attack against Mers El-Kebir in 1940 until scuttle of French Fleet in Toulon in 1942. But this is semi-acceptable because France had colonies in West India too and base in Martinica became Axis Naval Base near US coast. It is historically incorrect. Vichy France was neutral in relationship with USA until Torch operation. That's why I'd like to have Axis Vichy France for operations in Mediterranean and Nothern/Western Africa only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
That's easy. But first, let me ask you why you want to use France as allied of Germany ? I think you know that Vichy was not on the Axis side, the French Fleet scuttled in Toulon on 27 November 1942 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuttl...leet_in_Toulon).

If you just want to make France on the axis side during a certain period of time, go in data/roster/ and open the .txt file where each country is set as neutral, axis or allied side depending on the date.

Last edited by Stefan Thimme; 01-31-17 at 07:20 AM.
Stefan Thimme is offline   Reply With Quote