SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-31-24, 09:29 AM   #3826
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegst90 View Post
I've installed Steam version of SH4 1.5 (Uboat missions addon) and the following mods:

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300_pkg
OMEGU_V300_Patch7_pkg

However, the scope GUI hasn't changed, I can't see the German TDC in German boats, and the main menu hasn't changed.

Did I do something wrong?
My first guess would be that you installed the game in an incorrect folder for the 'modern' Windows OS, which is "protecting" your computer from "harm" and rolls back your mod changes. If you would, please start your JSGME.exe again, click on the "Tasks..." button in the middle, then on "Export activated mods list to --->", and use either choice there. If you use "Clipboard", you can use the <Ctrl><V> keyboard shortcut to "paste" the results directly into your next post, or if you use "Text file", you can copy and then paste that in you post. As mentioned, my first guess is that you used the default "Steam Library" folder, which happens when installing Steam, so you are most likely in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Wolves of the Pacific" or similar. You will have to "move" that install, either by an un-installation / re-installation routine, or by physically moving the game itself. Either way takes a while, and is dependent upon how many other Steam games you have. Refer to Moving a Steam Installation and Games for some info on that. What most of us do is create our own folder, such as "Games" that is outside the "Program Files" folders, and then Windows will not disturb any modding you do. I used "C:\Games \Steam \SteamApps \Common \Wolves of the Pacific" on my machine. Steam will still install most of its files in the Program Files (x86), but the game itself is in that "C:\Games" folder structure.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-24, 09:53 AM   #3827
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I haven't played in some time, but this was my install order

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
KiUB_English
Magnified Hud Dials for OM+OMEGU_Medium
OM Metric Nomograph

KiUB is a German scope. Not sure about any that might be possible without it. Maybe there's a default German scope? I went straight to KiUB and it is absolutely perfect, especially if you use manual targeting, as everything you need in in view here. You can use German or English lettering.

A few years ago I did an AAR on one of my careers in this mod over at SimHQ. The third post has a screenshot of the English KiUB scope

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...46#Post4512374

The nomograph was made for me by Subsim member max-peck, and eternal gratitude to him.
Old 02-03-24, 03:49 PM   #3828
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
... KiUB is a German scope. Not sure about any that might be possible without it. Maybe there's a default German scope? I went straight to KiUB and it is absolutely perfect, especially if you use manual targeting, as everything you need in in view here. You can use German or English lettering...

The nomograph was made for me by Subsim member max-peck, and eternal gratitude to him.
max-peck = good people. Great guy.

Yes, there is a "default" German scope in the modded game if you don't install KiUB. Looks like a toy when compared though... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 10:51 AM   #3829
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Yes, indeed. I had been complaining on the forum about not having a good metric nomograph, and one that these old eyes can use. He whipped one up and it was perfect.

But to the recent poster looking for the German scope, I can only advise to include the KiUB. All relevent dials and switches are in the same view, making it ideal for manual targeting.