SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-16, 01:05 AM   #1
midnightrider1818
Soundman

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0
Default Finally found a convoy wwwoohhoo

So still playing tmo with rsrdc. This time started my career Dec 7 41 only this time based out of manilla instead of pearl. I did some reading and I know the phillipines are gonna get attacked. My commander tells me to pa troll off the southern tip of Formosa so I do and on Dec 13 I spot a task force. Only thing is they are heading towards Formosa instead of the phillipines. Not sure how I missed them. The dds spotted me before I could get a few fish off so had to go deep and silent. Was able to get to periscope depth and fire off 4 stern tubes and got one dd. Saved the game cause I have to get to bed for work Tom but wow so fun. Does it hurt saving while submerged or saving around a convoy. Also how long should I patrolling around the phillipines for. Will there always be traffic there
midnightrider1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 01:37 AM   #2
Barkerov
Soundman

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

I have found that if you save at periscope depth it works OK but near crush depth you can get damage for no reason when you reload.

I have successfully saved in the presence of enemy ships but I avoid it when possible
Barkerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 05:28 AM   #3
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Since you have taken a liking to TMO + RSRD, you're probably this might interest you:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=225443

Ralles ModSoup for TMO_RSRDC_OTC includes a very nice graphics, great sounds but also realistic physics boat (no F1 ships) ... it is a summary of many good and useful modes that you do not have to separately seek and adapt together - a carefree package.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
Optical Targeting Correction (OTC) is like a patch, fixes which certain errors of vanilla SH4:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4052

greetings