SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-18-14, 03:48 AM   #1
Woxor
Watch

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedo troubles.

Hi all,

A few days ago I started to have troubles with the torpedoes while running GWX. At first I thought I was just unlucky with some "faulty" torpedoes, but after experimenting in new careers and single missions they all just didn't seem to respond to depth settings.

At this same time I figured I should try another supermod since I reckoned I had to reinstall my current one to see if this torpedo crisis was solved, so I got S3F running and just this morning installed NYGM on a clean installation, patching it with the unofficial 1.6b fix.

Now, all torpedoes are still running too deep no matter how I set them, and there seems to be some glitches with other torpedo settings as well. For example, if I set a torp for impact detonation, I can not switch back to magnetic from the attack map view, only when right-clicking the weapons officer portrait and updating it from there. Same goes for the depth setting; most shallow I can set is default 4 meters or so from the attack map, to set them more shallow I must go via the weapons officer screen. Furthermore, as stated above, no matter from where I try to change the settings, the torpedoes are ultimately not responding to any kind of depth settings.

Perhaps someone recognises these issues and can provide input, maybe it's a mod, something I have changed or I've just missed something obvious and need a slap and an objurgation.

Thanks in advance.
Woxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 07:45 AM   #2
Zosimus
XO

Downloads: 3

As far as I understand, in adverse weather you need to set the torpedo to run deeper than in regular weather. It might seem strange, but setting the torpedo to run too shallow causes it to run deep.

What depth settings are you using?
Zosimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 08:04 AM   #3
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

h.sie patch makes torps run deep to simulate torpedo failures.
In NYGM you always shoot your torps with magnetic pistols; again to simulate torpedo failures.