SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-27-08, 12:08 PM   #16
miner1436
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 3

To get textures you must disable caustics in the UnifiedRenderController.
miner1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 12:20 PM   #17
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner1436
To get textures you must disable caustics in the UnifiedRenderController.
big thx... it works now, just had to restart SH4 after setting it... WOW great Ship

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 12:28 PM   #18
Nokia
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 131

Thank you Xantrokoles for this wonderfull mod! The ship works just perfect!
The only tiny problem I got was that when the skip started to burn it turned pink and black. Othervise perfect!

Nokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 12:36 PM   #19
Rene
Sailor man

Downloads: 40

hey thanks for your advice. may the hunt begin
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 12:40 PM   #20
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

"UnifiedRenderController", where can i find this.. I dislike that green/black/yellow skin a bit ^^' ,also. Is it just me or is the engine sound just constant "whizz" like..

And why the hell radar range is limited to 15km? ^^' At my settings and perfect weather, my watch crew can see up to 18km.

Still though, good job. Gotta give ya that.
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 12:41 PM   #21
lancerr
Loader

Downloads: 21
Default What's the unified render controller?

What's the unified render controller?
Old 04-27-08, 12:54 PM   #22
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Go to the mod folder, then Data/Submarine/KMS_AdmiralScheer, Open up KMS_AdmiralScheer.dat with s3d, go to 6: Node - NBC_GrafSpee, then UnifiedRenderController, open the Caustics tree and set Enabled to false (Yay I answered a modding question)
Old 04-27-08, 01:09 PM   #23
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Loaded single player mission, switched to german side, picked pocket battleship

My notes.

1. Started off the mission and texture on the hull is like picture 1
2. Took a couple of hits and the ship looks like 2&3
3. After about 5-10 hits from small caliber guns, gotten messages saying periscope destroyed, etc. and then I started sinking

I hope these notes and pictures help. This is going to be a great mod.
For the texture Bug you all may look at the first post for the 1st bugfix
Thanks to Miner and Mikhayl
Maybe anyone could tell me wether it works now

When I had deleted the periscope some ppl would cry about the interior animation bug, so I leave it

Quote:
@ Xantrokoles

Man, I have no words ..
It's wonderful. I'd like to know if it is capable of launching torpedoes or only fires its guns.

Oh..just one last thing...do the crew looks like japanese or it's only my eyes' trick?
:rotfl: On the German AI_ships there were Japanese sailors...I won't built new ones

Quote:
I had a problem with the install of the Fubuki, not big problem, now the same problem with Battleship. You install folder is not correct for the default path:

SH4 is not installed in "Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific"
I did not change the default path when the game was installed and the correct folder name on my computer is:
"Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" There is no "4" in the folder name so it creates a new folder. Not a big problem for me, I just move it to the correct Mods folder, but a beginner may not know that, and will have trouble installing and it will not show up in JSGME.
Also a suggestion to rename the Readme file to PocketBattleshipreadme so we will know what it is for.
Thank you for the info, I will make a note on the first post
The readme name has to stay until we got the most bugs away

Quote:

"UnifiedRenderController", where can i find this.. I dislike that green/black/yellow skin a bit ^^' ,also. Is it just me or is the engine sound just constant "whizz" like..

And why the hell radar range is limited to 15km? ^^' At my settings and perfect weather, my watch crew can see up to 18km.

Still though, good job. Gotta give ya that.
I will set the unified render controller, and you will make a 'real radar and visual AI range mod'

<---- BUGFIX v 1.1---->

Just install into you SH4 Modfolder!!!

link will be added into the first post when anyone gives me the ok that it works

EDIT: The OM crew problem will be solved tomorrow, I have to go
Old 04-27-08, 01:16 PM   #24
W4lt3r
Ensign

Oh, well, why not use the visual settings in the first DD mod, i think it should be compabilitible with this one..
Then the radar. Well i just have to edit the maximum range value in the mod's folder and send you the modified file...

But i'll get to that tomorrow, today i have to figure out how to deal that ghost crew problem.
Old 04-27-08, 01:22 PM   #25
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lt3r
Oh, well, why not use the visual settings in the first DD mod, i think it should be compabilitible with this one..
Then the radar. Well i just have to edit the maximum range value in the mod's folder and send you the modified file...

But i'll get to that tomorrow, today i have to figure out how to deal that ghost crew problem.
Ghost crew?
Old 04-27-08, 01:24 PM   #26
W4lt3r
Ensign

Aka no crew at all, it's a term from another game ^^.. And i just tried this bugfix but the skin error still remains.. and just got under attack by a catalina and i had 4 men at the gun crew section, they didnt fire and i couldnt even designate the catalina as a hostile.. Well, it's gonna be a rough ride but. It takes time.

Ok, figured AA issues i guess.. altho now i ran into a large convoy and got sunk by 1 DD that did about 12 hits on me.. Shees, Graf wasn't that weak at all..

That armor is something we REALLY have to figure out...

Last edited by W4lt3r; 04-27-08 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-27-08, 02:00 PM   #27
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lt3r
Aka no crew at all, it's a term from another game ^^.. And i just tried this bugfix but the skin error still remains.. and just got under attack by a catalina and i had 4 men at the gun crew section, they didnt fire and i couldnt even designate the catalina as a hostile.. Well, it's gonna be a rough ride but. It takes time.

Ok, figured AA issues i guess.. altho now i ran into a large convoy and got sunk by 1 DD that did about 12 hits on me.. Shees, Graf wasn't that weak at all..

That armor is something we REALLY have to figure out...
...try to disable ship caustic effects in game options, grafiks settings, restart sh4

@Xantrokoles

hi, a pity but still no luck with the 1.1 patch. The only setting that will help against the red and green textures is disableing caustic effects in game options, but this wont help against the pink damage texture here.

Last edited by Stormfly; 04-27-08 at 02:19 PM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 02:05 PM   #28
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantrokoles

I will set the unified render controller, and you will make a 'real radar and visual AI range mod'

<---- BUGFIX v 1.1---->

link will be added into the first post when anyone gives me the ok that it works
Didn't work for me, and now it CTD when I exit a mission. My ship still looks like a flower garden and then the program crashes when I end the mission.

I edited the Fubuki Carrier Mission so it is now Pocket Battle Ship mission. It is in the Mission Designer's forum. At least you will have a quick mission to play for now until we sort out the bugs.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 02:16 PM   #29
W4lt3r
Ensign

Proper skin now.. Now is just that radar issue, along with the horrible AI gunners... Sure, i'll leave AA to them but i want to control both 11"ers, and have that TBT at least working, so it would be possible to get exact range to the target, i'd be 1 shotting Light cruisers and below left and right.. Landed all 3 shells on approaching DD's front. The superstructure ripped to 2 pieces :rotfl:

So, rear 11"ers to player use also, and the bridge enabled would help a lot.. It's a pain since this doesnt have any method on measuring the range, next to the using ruler on map, oh well.
Old 04-27-08, 02:27 PM   #30
Bewolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantrokoles

<---- BUGFIX v 1.1---->

Didn't work for me, and now it CTD when I exit a mission. My ship still looks like a flower garden and then the program crashes when I end the mission.

I edited the Fubuki Carrier Mission so it is now Pocket Battle Ship mission. It is in the Mission Designer's forum. At least you will have a quick mission to play for now until we sort out the bugs.

Peabody
exactly the same here.

this is how it looks now. the only other mods I use for this is environments 4.1

Oh and one other problem. Besides the texture thing, I ot bombed 1 or 2 times. No damage was displayed in the damage control, but my engines suddenly lost have their power. that same ahppend again later, again half the power. NO damage displayed whatsoever and hull integrity was at 100 percent. I assume that is a problem with the inbuilt damage model?