Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

http://www.fireengineering.com/ap-ne...19&bid=1942343
Old 12-07-17, 08:39 PM   #62
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Default Nice video of fire planes refilling at a reservoir.

https://www.facebook.com/deryck.saye...4785500819279/
Old 12-08-17, 06:58 AM   #63
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

^ Amazing to see, thanks for sharing

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-17, 03:32 PM   #64
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

A good picture that shows the fire companies from all over California for the current fire. Keep in mind, this is just a small part of those who are battling this fire.
https://www.facebook.com/SacramentoF...21945397834648
Old 12-15-17, 06:29 PM   #65
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireftr18 View Post
A good picture that shows the fire companies from all over California for the current fire. Keep in mind, this is just a small part of those who are battling this fire.
https://www.facebook.com/SacramentoF...21945397834648
Wow! What a picture .. thanks for the link
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-18, 08:32 PM   #66
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default IT BEGINS AGAIN...'TIS THE SEASON!

stating that the PawneeFire has grown to over 11,500 acres and is 5% contained. , Infrared, and SWIR images taken June 25, 2018. Several other fires are burning in Northern California, including one 21 miles southeast of the Pawnee Fire just southwest of Hershey, another fire 21 miles northeast of Red Bluff, and a third, 8 miles southwest of Redding.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 10:28 AM   #67
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

THE PAWNEE FIRE HAS EXPANDED TO 13,700 ACRES AND 'BROKEN IT'S CONTAINMENT' WHICH WAS AT 73%... THE MORNING AIR OVER MY HOME, APPROX. 25 MILES TO THE SOUTH, IS OVERCAST UNDER A DENSE AND DAMP PALL OF YELLOW SMOKE AND THE WHOLE YARD, ROOTOPS, CARS AND PATIOS ARE COVERED IN THICK DAMP ASH PARTICLES. CLEANING UP THE MESS WILL BE A JOY. THIS FIRE IS NEAR WHERE THE COBB MOUNTAIN/MIDDLETOWN DISASTER STRUCK IN 2015 WITH 50 SQUARE MILE, 1200 HOMES AND FOUR DEAD....TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE HIGH NINETYS TO 100 DEGREES TODAY. THE ''NEW NORMAL'' FOR CALIFORNIA HOME OWNERS??!!:
Quote:
Denise Ogle's home along with three others on Wolf Creek Road did not survive the flames. She did hot have insurance and not by oversight. "I couldn't get fire insurance when I moved here. Nobody was giving out insurance," she said.

At least 22 structures have been destroyed.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 07-01-18, 12:11 PM   #68
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Great picture, but at least it's not an earthquake or a volcano or a hurricane or a tidal wave from another earthquake in Alaska.

Fires are bad, but the options of the other disasters are even worse. They estimate that 250,000 to 400,000 people would be homeless from a earthquake in your area.

Think about that
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 02:18 PM   #69
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

cool SWIFT RETREATS ARE NOT AN OPTION BBY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Great picture, but at least it's not an earthquake or a volcano or a hurricane or a tidal wave from another earthquake in Alaska.

Fires are bad, but the options of the other disasters are even worse. They estimate that 250,000 to 400,000 people would be homeless from a earthquake in your area.

Think about that
WELL THAT'S A DAY-BRIGHTENING ATTITUDE....ONE COULD CERTAINLY ''LOSE ONE'S MIND''....SODA SPEKE <LITERALLY! https://abcnews.go.com/International/skeleton-man-possibly-crushed-running-lava-found-pompeii/story?id=55503454

Old 08-09-18, 12:32 PM   #70
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default GOVERNOR 'MOONBEAM' BROWN: "THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL'''

THE MAP SPEAKS FOR ITSELF:

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-09-18 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-09-18, 03:33 PM   #71
Peter Cremer
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 141

I don't know if anybody has brought this up before, or thought of it but even after the fires are all out, the problem is not over. When the spring rains come, all that water will cause huge mud slides in the areas that were burned. I believe this has happened in the past after fires like they are having now. There is usually no warning so people can escape the mud like there is with the fires. I think more people die in the slides than in the fires. Any Comments?
Peter Cremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-18, 05:45 PM   #72
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default BURN BBY BURN!

^ THIS ONE: 1982 LOVE CREEK SLIDE, STICKS IN MY HEAD BECAUSE I WAS ONE OF THE FEW REAL ESTATE VALUERS/APPRAISERS THAT WOULD VENTURE INTO THE REMOTE SAN LORENZO VALLEY OF THE SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS.
Quote:
In 1976 the Santa Cruz county officials had started to contract for the services of an environmental consulting firm with Michael C. Moore and Bruce W. Stenman, to use the newly declassified NASA satellite photos of the county to conduct a mapping and on the ground assessment of stability. The county officials cancelled the survey after local real estate developers expressed strong opposition. A survey of unsafe areas would have limited the ability of the developers to build roads and homes in the mountainous areas of Santa Cruz countyLove Creek flooding and landslides took place in an area that had been stable for centuries prior to the logging and removal of the redwoods which continues to the present day. Santa Cruz county officials approved the building of roads and homes while ignoring the hazardous conditions being created with this change in the landscape. This was a man made disaster.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2012/01/07/30-years-ago-22-lost-in-santa-cruz-countys-deadliest-natural-disaster/ ADDING IN THE 1985 LEXINGTON HILLS FIRE, http://articles.latimes.com/1985-07-09/news/mn-8116_1_los-gatos AND THE MASSIVE EPICENTER'D 1989 LOMA PRIETA EARTHQUAKE http://articles.latimes.com/1985-07-09/news/mn-8116_1_los-gatos I THEN WISED UP AND MOVED 100 MILES NORTH TO NAPA IN 1990 ....TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL.... .... AS WITH THE PG&E CAUSED FIRE DISASTERS AND THE STATE LEGISLATURE ATTEMPT CURRENTLY TO PASS LAWS RELIEVING A MAJOR UTILITY OF CRIMININAL BLAME TO PROTECT SHAREHOLDER AND/OR COUNTY OVER DEVELPMENT REVENUES , THE WHOLE THING IS DISGUSTING.... AND IT AIN'T OVER YET. GOVERNOR 'MOONBEAM' BROWN IS COVERING HIS POLITICAL/CORPORATE ASS IN THE WORLD'S 10 LARGEST ECONOMY :
Quote:
Gov. Jerry Brown released a proposal Tuesday to reduce PG&E’s legal responsibility for wildfire damages after months of intense lobbying at the California Capitol.
The change could shift the financial burden for blazes onto insurance companies and lead to higher coverage premiums for homeowners.

“Now more than ever, Californians depend on reliable electrical power to heat and cool homes, run hospitals and fire stations and so much more,” Brown wrote in a letter to the Legislature. “Yet, the increasingly destructive and costly wildfires and natural disasters have the potential to undermine the system, leaving our energy sector in a state of weakness at a time when it should be making even greater investments in safety.” VS: “This proposal’s weakening of well-established liability standards is nothing more than a bailout of public utilities, shifting their financial liability onto the backs of wildfire survivors, homeowners, communities and businesses,” said a statement from Stop the Utility Bailout, a coalition of homeowners’ insurance companies.
“Protecting utilities’ shareholders over fire survivors leaves the very individuals and communities whose lives were upended on the hook to the benefit of huge utility companies.”

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-09-18 at 06:05 PM. Reason: ADDED LINKS AS MY RAGE MOUNTS
Old 08-12-18, 06:51 PM   #73
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Glad to hear from you Acktung. I posted something in the comments thread. I hope you're holding up well. There are firefighters from across the country in California. I happen to know a few of them, one of who is keeping us up to date on Facebook.
Old 11-09-18, 10:40 AM   #74
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default A HOT TIME IN PARADISE

IT BEGINS AGAIN:
Quote:
The fast-moving Camp Fire burned up to 1,000 buildings and homes in the Paradise area Thursday and reportedly killed multiple people, then roared into Chico and forced evacuations there.
Cal Fire-Butte County Chief Darren Read said in the afternoon that hundreds of structures in Paradise have burned, perhaps as many as 1,000. Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea said there are reports of multiple fatalities, and authorities are trying to verify how many.
https://gizmodo.com/video-shows-the-terrifying-drive-to-escape-massive-fire-1830331814
Quote:
How fast is this fire moving? It’s burning up the equivalent of 80 football fields per minute. If your area has been told to evacuate, don’t hesitate. Get the hell out. You may not get another chance to escape later. The fire started in the Feather River Canyon around 6:30am on Thursday morning and it’s still completely uncontained....over 2,200 firefighters are currently battling the Camp Fire and they face a tough road ahead. The combination of dry conditions and high winds are making this a particularly difficult fire to fight.
ALL THE SMOKE FROM THIS FIRE HAS DRIFTED 200 HUNDRED MILES TO MY AREA(THE NAPA VALLEY) VISIBILITY IS LIMITED TO A COUPLE OF BLOCKS AND THE SMELL OF SMOKE IS PERVASIVE. WINDOWS ARE SHUT AND THE CEILING FANS ARE ON.

Last edited by Aktungbby; 11-09-18 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-09-18, 05:38 PM   #75
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default UPDATE ON CAMP FIRE

The fire has grown to nearly 110 square miles (285 square kilometers); 2000 STRUCTURES; AND FIVE BODIES IN AUTOS TRYING TO ESCAPE; 5% CONTAINMENT SO FAR....

Tags
california, wild fires