SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-09-17, 03:02 PM   #9406
Sauroketh
Mate

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
HiSauroketh
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Peter
Sir, you are very generous to consider TWoS
MY OWN CUSTOM MODLIST, but you should ask its creators first before calling ME its OWNER... May I please reject the ownership you kindly assumed to be mine...

So the question remains the same: how can I remove the beards and the cap from NON-MY TWoS, if you don't mind.
Whilst keeping TWoS fully operational, of course...
Sauroketh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 12:20 AM   #9407
MCM
Engineer

Downloads: 141

MCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 06:22 AM   #9408
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauroketh View Post
MY OWN CUSTOM MODLIST, but you should ask its creators first before calling ME its OWNER... May I please reject the ownership you kindly assumed to be mine...

So the question remains the same: how can I remove the beards and the cap from NON-MY TWoS, if you don't mind.
Maybe if you open new thread Is better... Theberbest explained you this..
He help you find a solution...
Maybe A little kindness from you would help you
Old 12-10-17, 12:37 PM   #9409
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauroketh View Post

Im not sure if you know what you are dealing with. Twos is very complex compilation of mods and settings which turns totally unplayable and unstable garbage into one of the best sims i ever played.
Obviously with many bugs remaining which couldn't be addressed....

Vecko is constantly balancing on knifes with that, i wouldn't even try to modify it even more...

If you want to, you're on your own..
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 01:24 AM   #9410
MCM
Engineer

Downloads: 141

We should make a rule here: everyone who is obviously not reading the "how to" on the first page is getting no answer anymore? Then this thread would be much cleaner to read.
MCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 04:49 AM   #9411
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM View Post
We should make a rule here: everyone who is obviously not reading the "how to" on the first page is getting no answer anymore? Then this thread would be much cleaner to read.
I'm totally agree with you MCM

"Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods"
Old 12-11-17, 05:19 AM   #9412
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

spammer reported.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 05:24 AM   #9413
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Sorted, thanks.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 05:53 AM   #9414
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > quiclee1
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Please check that you select the right thread category before posting your comments.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 11:54 AM   #9415
reedca82
Watch

Downloads: 14

Quote:
I just got the mod about a month ago, read first then asked. There is a lot of info and it's not exactly organized so let's not take such a hard stance?

Also, there are a lot of "half answers" in the how to. In other words let's not let one turd pollute the punch bowl
reedca82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 02:10 PM   #9416
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedca82 View Post
I just got the mod about a month ago, read first then asked. There is a lot of info and it's not exactly organized so let's not take such a hard stance?

Also, there are a lot of "half answers" in the how to. In other words let's not let one turd pollute the punch bowl
I understand all the instructions and FAQ of the mod. Many of the bugs are SH5 vanilla. I´m playing perfectly with TWoS.

Condition: you need a PC with POWER for run SH5 with this mod. Not a super machine, but it is not for a PC running well SH3 or SH4. You need a little more.

I don´t read any "half answers", except those related to vanilla bugs and strange behaviour of the default SH5. The megamod is the tweaked sum of many mods. Each of these mods has his dedicated thread. So, you need to read also those posts. I´m sorry, but this is part of the hobby. And you will learn a lot.

Best regards and welcome!

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 02:31 PM   #9417
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedca82 View Post

To All Concerned

The thing is probably a minimum 8 out of 10 questions posted here are either covered in Vecko's WOS guide or in the General SH5 guide by The Berbster. Practically everything in 2 links I'm not sure if it could be organised any better. It may possibly be trimmed to reflect new findings but then the history is lost it's a "catch 22 ".

WOS has been running now for many years and over that time there has been many fixes additions and bug reports so there is a lot of info in both guides. It may seem a little daunting to read at first but its all relevant and some don't bother reading it at all.

Post reporting problems with WOS when the user has added additional non recommended mods and even worse edited game files should not automatically expect replies. Some instances are just plain silly.

Attempting to find answers by generally "Googling" post often leads down the road of part answers confusion and incorrect info. I really don't recommend it and sure there will be posts repeated over time its expected to a degree.

The problem with spamming and non related WOS post is they dilute and push relevant queries into the background

In instances where there is any confusion with instructions or installation it's perfectly fine to ask for help, that's what this thread is about.

Simon

WOLVES OF STEEL
Attached Images
File Type: gif animated-union-jack-01.gif (7.2 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by Cyborg322; 12-11-17 at 07:59 PM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 05:10 PM   #9418
connor4200
Watch

Downloads: 6

Quote:
we should atleast start a new sticky for anyone having issues with the mod in the form it's given
connor4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 09:41 PM   #9419
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1756

I was browsing the campaign files with the mission editor and when I opened the editor I got the message " Could not make since of the rec manuel category = Other. " Is that a cause for concern?
J0313 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 11:56 AM   #9420
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I was browsing the campaign files with the mission editor and when I opened the editor I got the message " Could not make since of the rec manuel category = Other. " Is that a cause for concern?
That's normal with Twos. Just hold enter key untill warnings are gone...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote