Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-19, 03:50 AM   #1
BeardyTimbo
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Crew Icons in SH5 with TWoS

Hi all - first off hello first post here!

Haven't played any Subsims for years and thought I'd try out SH5 with TWoS MOD and I'm a bit stuck with something.

TWOS is installed and all seems to be working fine, I've enabled Real Navigation and been watching all the various tutorial videos. On the majority of them they have a crew bar at the bottom of the screen with crew pictures. This bar also allows extra commands to be given to the crew that I can't seem to find by interacting with them in person.

I've googled and searched the forum and can't find a definitive answer on what this UI is or how to install it. Any ideas?

Thanks and good to be here!

Tim
BeardyTimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 04:57 AM   #2
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Not sure what your question is. But the officer icons are bottom center. Scroll your mouse there and they should pop up!

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 04:59 AM   #3
BeardyTimbo
Swabbie

Hi thanks for getting back to me - I couldn't see anything but will try scrolling my mouse when the pointer is in the area.

If I press T I an see the station teleport function just not the crew icon.. wonder if my install is bugged.
Old 04-18-19, 07:20 AM   #4
BeardyTimbo
Swabbie

I think I've found it.. I think it's DarkWraith's UI for SH5 as it says this has a Officers Shortcut bar with functional commands? In this video below you can see it on the bottom of the screen.. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=21

Problem is on the Wolves of Steel download page it says not to add additional mods as most of the standalone mods ou there are incompatible with this expansion.

Does anyone know if the DarkWaraiths UI is the officers shortcut bar in the video? And if it's compatible with TWoS please?
Old 04-18-19, 07:26 AM   #5
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardyTimbo View Post
I think I've found it.. I think it's DarkWraith's UI for SH5 as it says this has a Officers Shortcut bar with functional commands? In this video below you can see it on the bottom of the screen.. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=21

Problem is on the Wolves of Steel download page it says not to add additional mods as most of the standalone mods ou there are incompatible with this expansion.

Does anyone know if the DarkWaraiths UI is the officers shortcut bar in the video? And if it's compatible with TWoS please?

The TWoS mod is a major 'ready-to-play' megamod, do not additionally install mods like above in your link which are outdated and not compatible with TWoS.

To set the game to your taste or change TWoS appearance, read the doc 'How to use the OFEV' in the TWoS documentation, then start the OFEV and make *careful* changes. Use the *.bat file to revert to standard if you see it doesnt' do what you want.
If you want to play Real Navigation as you say, then you must first load the appropriate add-on mod that comes with TWoS called 'TWoS Real Navigation', start JSGME and put it from left to right side which will install it. Then, enable Manual TDC in the game options in the bunker before starting your patrol. After that, the appearance of TWoS will change accordingly. Read docs and tutorials about how to play RN, be aware you are starting with the most difficult gameplay mode.

Welcome back to Subsim!

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-18-19 at 07:36 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 07:34 AM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > BeardyTimbo
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

The officers bar at the bottom of your screen can be changed so it is a permanent fixture.
The change is made in the OFEV in the Officers Tab.

You need to disable the mouse in and out patch.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 07:59 AM   #7
BeardyTimbo
Swabbie

Thanks both for your replies.. I did enable Real Nav in JSGME and set manual TDC but the officer bar still isn't there for me even when I moue over the area.

I will check the tab as suggested in OFEV and disable the mouse in\out and hopefully this will solve it.

Thank again
Old 04-18-19, 09:25 AM   #8
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardyTimbo View Post
Thanks both for your replies.. I did enable Real Nav in JSGME and set manual TDC but the officer bar still isn't there for me even when I moue over the area.

I will check the tab as suggested in OFEV and disable the mouse in\out and hopefully this will solve it.

Thank again

Do you play TWoS at 16:9 monitor ratio which is standard, or has your monitor another ratio? In that case you must use the TWoS ratio fixes. This may be the cause why not everything appears onscreen.
Old 04-18-19, 09:28 AM   #9
BeardyTimbo
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Do you play TWoS at 16:9 monitor ratio which is standard, or has your monitor another ratio? In that case you must use the TWoS ratio fixes. This may be the cause why not everything appears onscreen.
Yeah just standard 16:9 (1920x1080)
Old 04-18-19, 09:34 AM   #10
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Just to be sure I understand you:

Can you get this if you hower your mouse to the lower part of the screen, and click on one of the officer? See screenshot:

https://ibb.co/vPvNNmQ
Old 05-05-19, 04:18 AM   #11
BeardyTimbo
Swabbie

Hi all sorry for delay in getting back to you and thanks for your help - I reinstalled everything and now I have the Officer bar.
Old 04-22-20, 02:36 PM   #12
Kutter62
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 185

Hi All I have removed Sh5 and reinstalled SH5 and don't have any bar or character - steam install sh5 or manual installed SH5

with or without TWos mods

was ages since I last used SH5

Kutter62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 02:39 PM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Kutter62!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 04:02 PM   #14
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815

Default Pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > BeardyTimbo
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

The officers bar at the bottom of your screen can be changed so it is a permanent fixture.
The change is made in the OFEV in the Officers Tab.

You need to disable the mouse in and out patch.
What up Peter
tell me or get a pdf which covers all the functions and options of this patch
thank's a toi
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 05:35 PM   #15
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
What up Peter
tell me or get a pdf which covers all the functions and options of this patch
thank's a toi

I'm pretty sure that there is no such extensive PDF although I remember having seen such one in the WoS docs although it doesn't explain everything, SH5 is for the advanced player...To know if this is for you, read what I say here:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=244844

And Peter already does wonders with his sticky posts about SH5, please go visit them

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=211804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutter62 View Post

with or without TWos mods

But that's important, without WoS you will not see any crew icons, they don't exist in the stock game. And if you don't see them in WoS, humm...you don't really have WoS or you need to learn the interface by the videos. Stoianm's videos are a good start:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=181538

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-27-20 at 05:59 PM.