SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-11, 08:14 PM   #1
von Kinderei
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 0
Default Janes Fleet Command no sound issue

I finally got this old gem installed ... I have certain sounds like the music and the guy that talks ya through the tutorials but no ambient or sound effects

I'm runnin' Windows XP Pro up-dated , Sound Blaster X-fi sound card with 7.1 speaker set up

Anybody got any ideas
Old 11-17-11, 05:56 AM   #2
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Hey von Kinderei.

Sometimes FC can be a bit like that, but you can be fix it.

Go to the option screen uncheck all the sound setting, and click accept and exit the game. Then re-start the game check the sound setting you would like on, and click accept and the sound should work.

If you still have the same issue edit the Fleet Command.ini file

[Sound]
.DisableSoundSupport Yes to No
.DisableSounds Yes to No
.SoundVolume 65
.DisableMusic Yes to No
.MusicVolume 65
.DisableVoice Yes to No
.VoiceVolume 65
.DisableAmbient Yes to No
.AmbientVolume 65
.DisableRoomBG Yes to No
.Disable3DSound Yes

save the file and load the game.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 10:05 AM   #3
von Kinderei
Ocean Warrior

Thanks for the help Fleet Command CC

I have tried the check/un-check sound setting ... I looked in the FC ini and all the ones that have to be no are but the ones that are volume aren't what you have listed ... does that make a difference ?

Anyways ... still no sound in game except for voice prompts

On a side note ... in tutorial 2 my F/A 18 isn't armed with mavricks for the airbase strike

Last edited by von Kinderei; 11-17-11 at 10:20 AM.
von Kinderei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 01:07 PM   #4
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Downloads: 393

What version of Fleet Command are you using? if im not mistaking i think there are two versions, im i right fleet command cc? also you can try the hard way, sound by sound and check to see whats working or not, but my opinion it can be your sound card compatibility, fleet command does have a sound card problem specialy with new sound cards, that could be the problem. try a different sound card and see what happend and report back.
hope this help.
juniorjj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 02:11 AM   #5
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Kinderei View Post
Thanks for the help Fleet Command CC

I have tried the check/un-check sound setting ... I looked in the FC ini and all the ones that have to be no are but the ones that are volume aren't what you have listed ... does that make a difference ?
Hello von Kinderei.

No probs, oh right what it could be is the is game being a pain in ****. Have you tried deleting the Fleet command.ini, then re-start computer let all your startup programs load. Then load the Fleet Command let the intro run, and see if you get any sound. Went the intro has finish try one of the mission and see if you get any sound. If you don't try editing the options again how I said in the other post then test it. If its still the same it could be your game and you need to re-install or juniorjj84 might be right, sound card compatibility issue.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 11-18-11 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-18-11, 02:31 AM   #6
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorjj84 View Post
What version of Fleet Command are you using? if im not mistaking i think there are two versions, im i right fleet command cc? also you can try the hard way, sound by sound and check to see whats working or not, but my opinion it can be your sound card compatibility, fleet command does have a sound card problem specialy with new sound cards, that could be the problem. try a different sound card and see what happend and report back.
hope this help.
Hey juniorjj84.

Yep there are two disc versions Jane's Fleet Command and SCS Fleet Command, there are also two buy and download versions Steampowered and Gamersgate, I've got all four (Yep I know I'm sad).

Old 11-18-11, 09:52 AM   #7
von Kinderei
Ocean Warrior

Thanks guys ...

I gave your suggestion a go FC CC but no joy

I'm guessin' , as you guys have already that it's a sound card issue

But why do I have the openin' sounds, the exit music sounds and the voice prompts

Oooooooooooo well ... thanks for the help gentlemen

Last edited by von Kinderei; 11-18-11 at 12:00 PM.
von Kinderei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-11, 11:05 AM   #8
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Hello von Kinderei.

No probs, but I can't understand why its still giving you problems can you try the game on another computer, or you could give the demo a try, to see if you get the same sound issue.

I've re-package the Demo for those of you that don't like messing with files. Legal notes first off, please read them before you download anything!

PLEASE SCAN THE DOWNLOADED FOLDERS BEFORE EXTRACTING THEM, WITH ANY GOOD ANTI-VIRUS AND SPYWARE PROGRAM!!! ITS JUST BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY, I ALWAYS DO THIS WITH ANY FILES OR FOLDERS I DOWNLOAD!!!

**Disclaimer** -- Electronic Arts Janes Combat Simulations, and Sonalysts, Inc. are not supporting any modifications made by the end users. This is at your own risk. Please do not call or email their customer support for help with these items. i.e. These Model's, Files, Programs, Re-Package Demo, Mods or Beta Test Mods are in no way connected to, or affiliated with the Developers of Fleet Command Sonalysts, Inc, its employees, representatives, consortium's, or other persons or companies associated with it. Therefore the creators of these models, files, and programs, re-package demo, mods or beta test mods will take no responsibility for harm that it might do to your game or computer by trying them.

Also this Subsim forum will take no responsibility for harm that these items might do to your game or computer by trying them. It has not harmed my game or computer but use these items at your own RISK OK.

Download Fleet Command Demo.zip from FileFactory.com

This demo should now install and work on XP, Vista, Window 7, (32 bit).

By downloading these zip folder's on this thread you are agreeing that you have READ and UNDERSTOOD the Disclaimer!!!

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 11-28-11 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-01-13, 04:32 PM   #9
gergorian
Nub

Downloads: 25

Hello von Kinderei.
I realize it's been a couple of years since your post but I believe I found the answer after Googling with the same problem as you. I thought I would post what worked for me in case anyone else is experiencing the sound issue.

First off, to my knowledge and experience there are no sound effects or radio chatter in the tutorial. Only the voice of the instructor. But if this occurs during the single missions or campaign then there is a problem. This was my problem.

I own both the SCS version which is patched and the Jane's version which is not patched at all. I am running on Vista and do have nglide installed although I found it wasn't needed and only installed it in hopes it might fix the audio problem.

The patched SCS version has the audio problem in both the single player missions and the campaign. It also has the problem in the tutorial with the instructors voice which for me, makes the tutorial worthless.

The Jane's version I own is the 1.0 version. I have absolutely no audio problems with this version. The problem only starts if I patch it to the latest patch. Weird because the patch is supposed to address a sound/audio problem that some users were experiencing. But the effect was just the opposite.

So, if I were having this problem and really wanted to play this game, I would suggest finding an unpatched version. Did the trick for me and now I am playing Fleet Command with no bugs at all.
gergorian is offline   Reply With Quote