SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-10, 07:51 AM   #46
Capt Sinbad
Loader

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus62 View Post
Not the traffic itself is increased, but the number of ship types that are used to generate the traffic. See first post of this thread for details.

You may wish to perform a search for Terrain_harbour_flags_Mod_v1_2_1, a splendid mod that adds more shipping lanes, traffic, nations and harbours.
thanks for the info
Capt Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 08:24 AM   #47
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

New version is jsgme ready charognard.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 08:42 AM   #48
charognard
Navy Dude

Downloads: 201

Hoo great Thx
charognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 08:53 AM   #49
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Have you ever met a new boot (tanker, Ehrenfels class, Ems class freighter etc) in campaign?

Unfortunately, I do not Meet only Liberty, class Cimmaron tanker, Hog island and Ranger class tanker....

Ehrenfels type freighters mooring at Kiel, very faint in the distance an Ems type freighter and a Dithmarschen type supply ship.
Picture taken from campaign "Total Germany", October 1939

Trust me, they ARE in the campaign. Since the game utilize them randomly, you won't see these ships every day.

Greets!
Cerberus62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 08:59 AM   #50
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by charognard View Post
is there any possibility for make this mod 100% jsgme ready ??? I don t like edit my game files...
This mod IS already 100 % compatible with JSGME. If you install it like it is specified in the doc file, you will keep all of your original files untouched.

But I can't implement a localization for every language. And I can't foresee if someone has already made changes in his names.cfg. Therefore I suggested in the doc file, how people may keep "their" personal names.cfg. If you decide to add something in the names.cfg, you work with a copy of this file and this copy will be installed together with the rest of the mod by JSGME. The copy will be removed and the original file restored automatically, if you should uninstall my mod. So you don't have to be afraid, that this mod will destroy your original files.
Old 11-07-10, 02:19 PM   #51
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Quote:
Since the game utilize them randomly, you won't see these ships every day.
I understand, but I have with your mod (part 1 and 2) already sunk 25 ships (tankers and freighters), but among them was not a new ship. I do not have good luck, thats all...

Old 11-07-10, 05:22 PM   #52
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
I understand, but I have with your mod (part 1 and 2) already sunk 25 ships (tankers and freighters), but among them was not a new ship. I do not have good luck, thats all...

try to put Cerberus62 Historical Ship Equipment 1.3 before Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (Part 1) and (Part 2)

Quote:
Cerberus62 Historical Ship Equipment 1.3
Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (Part 1)
Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (Part 2)
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-10, 06:00 PM   #53
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Quote:

Can't see a reason, why it shouldn't work. Anyway, the hint from SashaKA001 helps to get the correct names for the Dale Class Fleet Oiler and for the Medium Troopship, because the needed entries are not included in Historical Ship Equipment 1.3 (it's older than Additional Merchant Ships 1.0). Therefore you may find strange names (OLDale and TROronsay in the Museum and in the recognition manual, if the following lines in the names.cfg are missing:

OLDale=Dale Class Fleet Oiler
TROronsay=Medium Troopship

So you better install Historical Ship Equipment 1.3 before Additional Merchant Ships 1.0. But I just tested both configurations again - and found it working regardless of the order.
Old 11-07-10, 06:47 PM   #54
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
Can't see a reason, why it shouldn't work. Anyway, the hint from SashaKA001 helps to get the correct names for the Dale Class Fleet Oiler and for the Medium Troopship, because the needed entries are not included in Historical Ship Equipment 1.3 (it's older than Additional Merchant Ships 1.0). Therefore you may find strange names (OLDale and TROronsay in the Museum and in the recognition manual, if the following lines in the names.cfg are missing:

OLDale=Dale Class Fleet Oiler
TROronsay=Medium Troopship

So you better install Historical Ship Equipment 1.3 before Additional Merchant Ships 1.0. But I just tested both configurations again - and found it working regardless of the order.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-10, 07:39 PM   #55
Cerberus62
A-ganger

@SashaKA001

Well, it really doesn't matter, what name a ship is carrying in the Museum or in the recognition manual. The entries in the names.cfg are only used to give names to the ships. If you like, you could change e. g. the name of Battleship Nelson to "Big Ugly Dinghy". It has no effect on the game.
Old 11-08-10, 05:27 AM   #56
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

@ Cerberus62 and SashaKA001: Unfortunately I can now not activate Historical Ship Equipment 1.3 before Additional Merchant Ships 1.0.

I tried it, but I was immediately a CTD

Probably attributable to the fact, that I started out of the bunker with the following ranking of your mods:

1) Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (part 1)
2) Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (part 2)
3) Historical Ship Equipment 1.3

and that your mod rewrite some stuff in Terrain_harbour_flags_Mod_v1_2_1 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=168545&page=7)
Old 11-08-10, 01:52 PM   #57
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Quote:
@ Cerberus62 and SashaKA001: Unfortunately I can now not activate Historical Ship Equipment 1.3 before Additional Merchant Ships 1.0.

I tried it, but I was immediately a CTD

Probably attributable to the fact, that I started out of the bunker with the following ranking of your mods:

1) Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (part 1)
2) Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (part 2)
3) Historical Ship Equipment 1.3

and that your mod rewrite some stuff in Terrain_harbour_flags_Mod_v1_2_1 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=168545&page=7)
Too bad, that you've got these problems, but I can't seet, why it's not working on your machine.

I've tested both mods with and without the Terrain harbour flags mod, for it's an absolutely must-have. And since I love it to bits, I've installed it, too. I've got no crashes at all. The two files of this mod that are changed by Cerberus62 Historical Ship Equipment 1.3 (PLConteVerde.cfg and COFlower.cfg) are irrelevant. Really. Definitely.

Just to be shure, I've tried it again and installed the mods in this order:

1. Terrain_harbour_flags_Mod_v1_2_1
2. Cerberus62 Historical Ship Equipment 1.3
3. Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (Part 1)
4. Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (Part 2)

Then I started a new campaign, left the bunker at Kiel harbour and ***woosh***, passed an Ehrenfels class freighter, a small NS-3-A1 type freighter, a C1-B type freighter, an armed trawler, a Dithmarschen type supply ship and a 1934A class destroyer. And no CTD.

Sorry, matey, perhaps the problems result from another mod? E. g., I ALWAYS had CTD's with the Environment mod and the IRAI mod. Have other files been altered in the past? Or perhaps an uncompleted installation/deletion due to a JSGME hang-up?
Old 11-08-10, 03:11 PM   #58
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Hmmm. I use TDW´s IRAI since first version.

I try to deactivate IRAI and activate your mods in the following ranking:

1) Historical Ship Equipment 1.3
2) Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (part 1)
3) Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (part 2)

What other mod except IRAI exists, respectively what do you use?

Thank you Cerberus62!
Old 11-08-10, 04:32 PM   #59
Cerberus62
A-ganger

Quote:
Hmmm. I use TDW´s IRAI since first version.

I try to deactivate IRAI and activate your mods in the following ranking:

1) Historical Ship Equipment 1.3
2) Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (part 1)
3) Additional Merchant Ships 1.0 (part 2)

What other mod except IRAI exists, respectively what do you use?

Thank you Cerberus62!
I'm not convinced this might help you anyhow, but these are the mods I'm using:

- AilClimateZones 1.0
- AilClouds 3.0
- AilRain 1.0
- AilSmoke 1.7
- Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
- Enhanced FunelSmoke_by HanSolo78
- ImprovedWaves_Improved Pitch&Roll
- Nauticalwolf's_Damage_and_Torpedo_UI(g)_Mod_v1.1 (reworked to my liking)
- NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1_ByTheDarkWraith (widely adjusted to my liking - slim, fast & without deadweight)
- Terrain_harbour_flags_Mod_v1_2_1 (widely enhanced to my liking)
- FX_Update_0_0_3_ByTheDarkWraith (reworked to my liking)
- MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
- A personal version of my "Historical Ship Equipment" mod
- A personal version of my "Additional Merchant Ships" mod
- A personal mod that reworks literally dozens of parameters (commands.cfg, indicators, torpedo bubbles, chart corrections, loading screens, intro, sea floor, localization, moon, lights, cam tweaks, AI behaviour, sensors, textures, sounds, own upgrade pack for radar receivers and emblems, own version of zones.cfg and, and, and...)

But if you want to find out, which mod is responsible for a CTD, you should start with a plain vanilla game installation and only ONE mod activated at the same time. Or you'll never know, which mod or which combination leads to the CTD. That's what I did. And finally it turned out to run very stable, despite all of the changes.

Good luck - and may the DRM be with you.

Last edited by Cerberus62; 11-08-10 at 04:58 PM. Reason: forgot some mods in the listing
Old 11-09-10, 01:52 PM   #60
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

It is PLEASE possible to make optional part III with these ships?

- adds a german freighter of the Ehrenfels type under US, SWEDISH, POLISH, GREEK, NORWEGIAN and GB flags

- adds a german freighter of the Ems type under USA, SWEDISH, POLISH, GREEK, NORWEGIAN and GB flags

The reason is that many german ships were sold before the war in different countries - that describe my new book Cargo Liners An Illustrated history:

...and especially... NEW TARGETS!!!

+

- adds a british freighter of the North Sands type for USA
- adds a british oiler of the Dale for USA (!!!PLEASE!!! Great for Paukenschlag campaign! Under US flag are in SH5 only medium class tanker Ranger -3.400 BRT and Cimmaron class tanker -7600 BRT... too litle for "tanker war" at coast of America...) - I sank for now in Paukenschlag campaign 31 tankers and freighters and they´re all the same Cimmaron class, Liberty, Cimmaron,. ranger, Liberty, HoG Island, Liberty, Cimmaron...

Reason: Americans used a number of tankers and freighters
during the war produced in UK and especially... NEW TARGETS!!!

- adds another british troopship for USA too
- adds C2 Appalachian as GB and US cargo ship (not only as "rare landing /amphibious/ ship" as in currently SH5), PLEASE

Reason: Americans used a number of tankers and freighters
during the war produced in UK and especially... NEW TARGETS!!!

Please!

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 11-09-10 at 03:33 PM.

Tags
merchant, proxy, ships