SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-12-14, 09:34 AM   #1
TMHLIVE
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
no sound on USA subs PLEASE HELP :(

Hey, I recently got back into Sub Command. I had no idea it was still on my hard drive at all. Seen it, and fell back in love. It was something I noticed apon returning so I installed the mods and re loaded the sound database and tried again. Nothing, I have lost all voices and sonar sounds on the USA subs and sonar sounds every where. Not sure what else. When I go to the standard typhoon voice are present but still no sonar sounds. I also have a custom typhoon which uses a USA seaworf interface and it also suffers from the NO Sound issue except for some sounds like launching a torpedo or a ping or emerg blow. Basic stuff like that. Not sure what to do. Ive checked on and off the voices, Ive re loaded the database not a clue now. I have no idea where the hard copy is and I don't want to buy it again. There has to be a way to fix it right?...Someone please help.
TMHLIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-14, 10:17 AM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Fixing a mod going wrong is done usually by reverting to a backup of the original (game). Or installing a game new. If you didn't make a backup before, or don't have the install disks, then the only option is to buy the game new.

As that last option is likely going to be a later edition that doesn't work with the SCX2 and SCU mods (Naval combat pack), I suggest you make a really good search for those Subcommand hardcopy disks. It's a hard pill to swallow I'm afraid.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-14, 10:53 AM   #3
TMHLIVE
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Fixing a mod going wrong is done usually by reverting to a backup of the original (game). Or installing a game new. If you didn't make a backup before, or don't have the install disks, then the only option is to buy the game new.

As that last option is likely going to be a later edition that doesn't work with the SCX2 and SCU mods (Naval combat pack), I suggest you make a really good search for those Subcommand hardcopy disks. It's a hard pill to swallow I'm afraid.
That's the problem. This was an issue I noticed before installing any mods at all. I was hoping that the mod would fix the issue but it didn't.
Old 09-23-14, 12:26 PM   #4
TMHLIVE
Swabbie

Sonar sounds don't work on ether Russian or USA ships.