SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-04-11, 10:13 PM   #1
tippership
Watch

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default In SCXII Mod- BUG- IOWA BB Top speed is 5 knots

So I discovered mods- after playing SC for ages XD- I got the NWS mod for FC then the SCXII mod for Sub Command(patched to 1.08)

I made some missions with the Iowa BB - then noticed something.
As Soon as you select the ship (one of the four ones-Iowa, New Jersey, Missouri, Wisconsin - )in the mission editor- the speed goes to 5 knots. So I go and try to change it- and suddenly the message pops up that the speed cannot be more than 5 knots.

:/

Yea, okay. And I can go to the reference guide and it says 35 knots.

>_>
how can I go about solving this? These ships are pretty dangerous up close to foes- but moving at 5 knots, they wont get anywhere?
tippership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 07:53 PM   #2
DeepSixNiner
Seaman

Downloads: 357

I remember encoutering this problem when SCX was first released. You can edit a ship's maximum speed using the SCEdit program.

Cheers
DeepSixNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 02:26 AM   #3
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Default Some interesting announcements from Russia

The DWX team has announced that they are working on debugging and improving Sub Command SCXII. If it is in line with their work on DW, it sounds interesting.
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-12, 05:03 AM   #4
tippership
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSixNiner View Post
I remember encoutering this problem when SCX was first released. You can edit a ship's maximum speed using the SCEdit program.

Cheers
alas, SCedit is impossible to track down just about these days

EDIT: Another thread in the forum has a link but the link is down

Last edited by tippership; 05-25-12 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-12-12, 11:14 AM   #5
Thomasew
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

Hi Tippership,

If the Iowa's speed is only 5 knots, .. then you don't have the latest version of the SCX IIc database. In one of the earlier versions of SCX IIc, I had been running some tests on the Iowa, and forgot to reset it's speed.

In the latest version of the SCX IIc DB (circa 2004), the Iowa's Max Speed is 34 knots.

If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you my SCX IIc database.

Cheers
Tom

Last edited by Thomasew; 08-12-12 at 11:35 AM.
Thomasew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 03:49 AM   #6
tippership
Watch

ah, so there were later versions. I wonder why i wasn't able to find that out before now. Must not be on the web any more....

PM Sent.
Old 02-18-13, 12:37 PM   #7
DeepSixNiner
Seaman

Downloads: 357

After much searching, I've found a copy of SCEdit, if anyone is interested, please PM me and I'd be happy to shoot it off to you in an E-mail.

Finding the file has, of course, got me tinkering here and there once again, and I noticed that I had forgotten to adjust the top speed for the Iowa, too. Still set at 5 knots, I increased it to 31 knots, the speed I got for the Iowa out of Janes Fighting Ships.

Ah, I love this sim.

Cheers
DeepSixNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 01:35 PM   #8
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

This is the latest version that I have of SCedit. (v1.0.7.4)

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22968232/scedit1074.zip

The files are hidden deep inside a folderstructure:

scedit1074.zip\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs\Work\HomePage\subcommand\files \Neuer Ordner\
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-13, 03:21 PM   #9
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

It's uploaded on subsim:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3966
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-13, 03:16 AM   #10
tippership
Watch

Ah, thanks

I sadly have not been able to find a copy of that 'latest' version with the fixed values for entities like the Iowa Class BB's - so I've grabbed SCEdit, and am attempting to correct their top speed. So far the Mission editor still isn't having any Battleships above 5 knots.
If only i could figure out how to properly copy the updated settings to the game....

Yea, I just tried editing the Iowa- exporting to a modified object.eod, then put the original stuff in the DB in a sub folder and took the modified one and put it in the default location- and bam, Sub command won't open, due to "no controllable entity definitions were found"
..I'm doing something wrong.
I moved the originals back, and will try something else..Can't be this hard to edit one entity in-game....
I am also getting thrown off by 'import' and 'export' in general, not sure how to use them...

attempt 3:O went to SCedit's objects, set Iowa speed to 35, hit export, made a 3rd subfolder in the main database file, selected Iowa in the list, exported to that folder- now I open thatt database folder with my computer, and took those modded files, copied over all the default stuff in the database main folder - and then tried to run Sub Command, and i get- "no controllable entity definitions were found". From the sounds of it, i'm missing something obvious here. Probably something simple and stupid, knowing my luck with modding and coding games. Any tips?

While i'm wrestling with SCedit attempting to figure out how to not fubar the game, i'm taking note of some of the settings on these entities , and This is quite interesting- never knew the Akula-Improved's matched the Seawolf's depth while the Akula-II surpassed it in diving depth by such a amount(for the default settings)

Last edited by tippership; 05-29-13 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-14-13, 01:47 AM   #11
tippership
Watch

Okay, I think I've finally figured it out - seems it's just a matter of saving over the DB, and not importing and exporting?(keep a default DB in another folder in case of emergencies)

...Ugh, too bad that final , non buggy copy of SCXII wasn't posted on here with a working link-

Little surprised no one spoke up- lol, surely i'm not the only one who went through this to fix it?????