SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-16, 03:48 PM   #1
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Icon8 Blasted weather.

Ok so Von Due set out on August 1st 1939, heading for St George Channel and the Irish Sea to set up a small business dealing in quick ambushes in the upcoming skirmish. Mind you, I'm on GWX3.

Going at 8kts he reached the channel on day 3 just in time for the famous Heavy Clouds, Rain, Zero Visibility, Wind 15 weather. 3 weeks later he hadn't seen the sun in 3 weeks nor had he seen quiet seas.

Von Due said screw this I'm going home so I exited the sim, and ran SH3Weather and fired up the sim again.

Now as circumstances would have it, Von Due's brother, also named Von Due, also set out on August the 1st 1939 and unlike his brother he didn'd see the famous weather... until he was south of Portsmouth on day 4.

It is now September the 4th 1939 and the same heavy clouds, the same rain, the same zero visibility and the same wind has now raged for a month to the day.

I conclude that weatherfix did F all and now I'm wondering is there something I can do to have a weatherfix working like I really hope it will.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-16, 04:45 PM   #2
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

H.sie hardcode fix shortens the bad weather. This was a problem from the beginning of SH3. Weeks of bad weather was very common. Since I did the h.sie fix, weather is very reasonable.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-16, 06:12 PM   #3
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Thanks. I have done some very light reading on that fix. I understand it's not a mod as such but a hardcode fix but that one can choose which fixes to apply. How would it work with other mods?

Anyway, yeah I'm familiar with the bug in stock weather but years back I got a weather fix that from what I can remember, did work in that it too shortened the periods of attrocious weather. Only now it didn't work at all and that has me pretty stumped.

But wouldn't you know it, Sept. 6th 1939, clear blue skies and no wind and right now a Silverlight merchant is busy decomposing itself while trying a career as a shipwreck with two nice holes in its side. Von Due's first score in a very long time.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote