Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-18, 03:12 PM   #1
speed150mph
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default Kilo or Lada campaign anybody?

I've been throwing around the idea of making a Improved kilo or perhaps Lada (being that the RA mod kilos are a little behind compared to the apparent capabilities of the 636.3 kilos in the Black Sea fleet) campaign based somewhat on the actions of the Russian navy in Syria.

The basic outline is a bunch of interesting and yet mostly realistic or plausible missions. It would start out with Final Sea trials of a new submarine in the Baltic near St Petersberg, which would serve as a tutorial and introduction to the platform for those with limited experience on Russian diesel electrics.

Other missions would be breakout missions, infiltration of protected areas, land attack missions, anti shipping missions, special operations landings, counter-terrorism, combat against a naval crew turned Isis, and search and rescue for a disabled Iranian sub to name a few.

I will mostly be putting this together for my own enjoyment but thought I'd gauge interest here to see if I should upload.

Also if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to see what you have.

Thanks
Old 02-25-18, 05:36 PM   #2
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed150mph View Post
It would start out with Final Sea trials of a new submarine in the Baltic near St Petersberg, which would serve as a tutorial and introduction to the platform for those with limited experience on Russian diesel electrics.
For me its bad idea. This kind of missions are very boring. Also "Baltic near St Petersberg" is highly unaccurate in DW. Did you saw this region in game?
Please skip this part of campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed150mph View Post
Other missions would be breakout missions, infiltration of protected areas, land attack missions, anti shipping missions, special operations landings, counter-terrorism, combat against a naval crew turned Isis, and search and rescue for a disabled Iranian sub to name a few.
Refueling, I want refueling mission - joke
What you have in mind as "counter-terrorism"?
I think your plan is too ambitious. Did you ever create (complex) single mission? Placing ships on map is only 5% of good scenario. In my opinion you should start with something simpler 3-4 missions in campaign. Focus on 2 main task - not on all spectrum of submarines operations.

I wish you luck and tons of patience.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote