SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-08, 05:51 PM   #31
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

NOTES - 022708 - MAP C

Subject –- toggling EMCON on red side surface

You can’t toggle emcon off via scripting on any and all ru surface platforms capable of AA / ASW / ASUW. From experience, it can be done on the FFG only.

Spawning Ai with EMCON off is not an option; so consider a strategic alternative Involving EW or workaround.
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 06:15 PM   #32
suBB
Chief

UPDATE – MAP C - 030708

1.. At this point all of the outcome triggers are working 100% over LAN connection. Now entering the next phase of adding and coding AI Red surface. Include surface platforms as 3 SAGs over the entire area capable of ASW / AA / ASUW.

2.. design test case of FCR & SEARCH radar jamming using tu-142 bear against playable ffg, p3 & helo.

3.. Pending results of 2, consider comms network outages if key targets are destroyed..
Old 03-11-08, 03:21 PM   #33
suBB
Chief

Notes – map c – 031108

a.. red asw patrol platforms added, weapon systems coding finished and working.

b.. Blue force added consisting of ffg, 2 helos & p3. but for some weird reason the red Bear ignores designated tactic and tries (what appears to be) to either engage blue helos with it’s tail gun or make visual. I wonder if IFF setting has to do with anything :hmm: - look into that. Either rate he is breaking it’s assigned tactic and that shouldn’t be. Consider alternatives excluding the bear or find a way to fix it.
Old 03-31-08, 04:35 PM   #34
suBB
Chief

UPDATE – MAP C Status – 033108

I’ve been very busy lately…. So here is the scoop:

For tactical and strategic reasons that best fit the tone of the entire map set and responses of opposing sides, MAP C has basically turned into a parallel of rescue / standoff / escape.

The main outcome is to ensure safe arrival of the 688 back into friendly waters, and in the event that the 688 is intercepted and destroyed, technically the mission is over. However, in the 688s’ absence, opposing sides can still attempt to obliterate each other, resulting into a big H / K scenario, which is good because the same scenario gives players another outcomes to consider. You may want to make two more outcomes: 1 - checking against blue surface only excluding the helo and p3, and 2 - another outcome checking against red subs only.

The following are playables list, add / change log as of 033108:

A – playables list

Blue:

3 x FFG (2 assigned primary as ASUW w/ ASW capability, 1 assigned primary as typical)

2 x Helo (deployed from 1 FFG)

1 x 688

1 x P3

Red:

2 x Akula II (same hulls as previous)

1 x Akula Imp

Total:

10 playables

B – Add / Change Log:

ADD – Tasking for all playables now

ADD – Random spawn of ASUW FFGs

ADD – outcome triggers blue forces (excluding 688)

ADD – AI intel triggers informing red forces of detection of P3 / FFGs / helos

ADD – radar jamming emission from bear up to 60nm, affecting blue radar while inside jamming range, consider link radio outage also

ADD – red link radio outage if red command vessel is destroyed

ADD – deployable aircraft to re-establish red link radio comms in the event that command is destroyed.

CHECK – AI radio intel triggers informing red subs about 688

FIXED – P3 using RTB command

FIXED – random spawn of ‘some’ blue forces while in formation using dynamic group, thanks for the tip Molon

CHANGED – tactical deployment of red surface and air as such to maximize red defenses from all sides, both above and below the surface.

ADDED – AI weapons systems triggers for all red platforms. In testing I witnessed one of the AI ASW platforms fire a 9 salvo Sliex on a promoted link from over 22 nm, closed and not only firer another silex salvo, but fired UGSTs in combination

ADDED - random spawn of P3 and airport. P3 will actually be deployed from the airport anywhere on blue side, and not spawned in thin air.

ADDED – AI bear and helix evasion triggers, if either one of these platforms are fired upon by any FFG, they will try to evade with speed and course changes.

that's all for now, see ya soon....
Old 04-07-08, 05:19 PM   #35
suBB
Chief

Alright, here is the deal….

1.. The ADD list has been reduced by three points, since what I have in mind doesn’t affect AI platforms in the same way as human playables are affected. So for that reason, jamming, link radio outage, and redundant aircraft won’t be considered.

2.. solved problem with suicide bear with a tactical workaround. The bear will not spawn or be present in the area, but will be dispatched along with interceptors and bombers. This really gives blue tons of options to consider, even a transiting 688, but those options will be left up to the players. Actually it gives options for both sides (playables)

3..I’m holding off on tasking until everything is in place and working 100%. But currently editing a rough for blue. Red still needs tasking.

4… ADDED random spawn for ffgs

5.. CHECKED ai intel radio triggers. They are present.

6.. ADDED random location of the red bomber base, as this will be key to blue forces. If blue can take care of this before bombers get off the ground, it would be a more pleasant day in the black sea for blue SAG.

7.. ADD random location of interceptor base, same as 6.

8.. ADDED burke class to 2x ASUW FFGs

9.. ADD - SAM sites for airbases and a CAP over the entire area.

10.. ADD – script to have red bombers hold fire until position, script isn’t needed for red interceptors.

Closing:

I think everything is pretty much downhill from here. A lot of work as been in the fact-finding process, test cases and re-org of both forces. But now that all of that is behind me, the rest is just a spit shine and polish and should have something playable soon. What this means is we are coming out of design and entering optimization, so: C will give us something to do with high head-count + A covers low head-count = something for us all to do(MP) regardless the situation.

Copy / paste sure comes in handy in a lot of respects.

The end game of C reminds me of the satisfaction / reward felt in A where i(688) successfully avoided contact of a vessel that almost punched my ticket and alerted my presence to neighboring akulas(other players) and somehow slipped right past a buoy from < 2.2nm, only to arrive at the destination unharmed with time to spare. aside from the favor factor... i love it when a plan comes together.

Stay tuned….

Last edited by suBB; 04-07-08 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-19-08, 01:10 PM   #36
suBB
Chief

MAP C UPDATE 041908

So, what’s going on?

Well, all the items in the previous post are finished except for blue tasking, and all that is left to do is the following:

1.. ADD related tasking to both sides if the 688 is destroyed. This will result in generation of secondary objectives for both sides. Also don’t forget to change logic conditions to ‘if platform damage 688 != 100%’ to 688 mission complete Aggregate trigger.

2.. ADD mission outcome to related platforms. Secondary objective targets will be 3x Akulas for red and 3x FFGs for blue side.

3.. CHECK random intel regarding SAM site batteries sent to blue P3.

You would think that these final steps would be quick and easy to finish up? Well, there is more to it since I had to use dynamic group to generate random spawning of some platforms. Because of that, the amount of triggers required have increased in multiples, so there is still a lot of work left to do.

That’s all for now.
Old 04-19-08, 04:03 PM   #37
suBB
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by suBB
MAP C UPDATE 041908

So, what’s going on?

Well, all the items in the previous post are finished except for blue tasking, and all that is left to do is the following:

1.. ADD related tasking to both sides if the 688 is destroyed. This will result in generation of secondary objectives for both sides. Also don’t forget to change logic conditions to ‘if platform damage 688 != 100%’ to 688 mission complete Aggregate trigger.

2.. ADD mission outcome to related platforms. Secondary objective targets will be 3x Akulas for red and 3x FFGs for blue side.

3.. CHECK random intel regarding SAM site batteries sent to blue P3.

You would think that these final steps would be quick and easy to finish up? Well, there is more to it since I had to use dynamic group to generate random spawning of some platforms. Because of that, the amount of triggers required have increased in multiples, so there is still a lot of work left to do.

That’s all for now.
umm... quick idea

to mix things up even more, make secondary objectives random event for both sides
Old 04-20-08, 12:48 AM   #38
suBB
Chief

MAP C - UPDATE 041908

After over some 600 triggers later......

Map c design and editing is officially done this point . Now I'm entering optimization and LAN testing to make sure some triggers are working as they are supposed to.

Old 09-14-09, 09:22 AM   #39
suBB
Chief

hello fans,

I know its been a long time, we haven't been in contact & no updates, but since we now have RA I'm going to attempt to resume mission design and generate scenarios for RA only based on my criteria for dynamic MP.

Thanks again RA team!!!!

Because of the mod I'm hoping the editing time will be reduced by 2/3 and with the presence of playables I'm expecting a big contribution to in-game dynamics based on actual test data.

will need to do some initial testing with the mod, AI testing and scenario planning. After these steps are complete, can probably move into scenario design.

Stay tuned!!!