Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-11, 08:58 PM   #16
RodBorza
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

No joy.
I didn't find the .bat files. I used the one click installer.
Anyway, subs/torps, not showing.

On the bright side however, I gotta say tha LwAmi mod is great.
Didn't install earlier because of "a fear of mods" I had. But now I can really enjoy the game, letting the AI do the hard work while you concentrate on another tasks. It was good to take the dust off the game and run it again. for the first time, really enjoying it.

"On the ship sinking business since 1996"
RodBorza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 01:45 PM   #17
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Is it just the 3D models that are missing or does the USNI also look like it hasn't grown at all since 3.09? (the most obvious difference is the size of the "Countries" list)
Old 04-05-11, 02:33 PM   #18
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

I'll see that I make a package where you can install everything by hand. And I look around, maybe there is a newer version of the program I used to create the installer. Nevertheless I installed DW + LwAmi 3.10 multiple times under Windows 7 (64Bit) and never had a problem. Only noticed two or three insignificant errors when executing the batch because it looks for a file that isn't there ... that in itself isn't a problem tho and it is only in the USNI part of the batch installer.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 03:02 PM   #19
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

The USNI part wouldn't prevent 3D models from showing in game.
Old 04-05-11, 10:46 PM   #20
RodBorza
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Is it just the 3D models that are missing or does the USNI also look like it hasn't grown at all since 3.09? (the most obvious difference is the size of the "Countries" list)
Only the 3D models are missing.
I'm liking the bigger, better USNI, so it means the reference is working correctly.

Old 04-05-11, 11:36 PM   #21
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Okay, I'm going to give you a couple files that should end the drama. I'm not 100% that this is going to work perfectly, because this includes more than it should. But the worst thing that will happen is maybe some things have missiles coming out of the wrong place. If that happens, let me know.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20195359/3d_x.ndx
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20070780/3d_rar

Throw those in DW/Mods/LWAMI/Graphics when the mod is not enabled, then enable (if it's not obvious, not the archive file, but the contents of it). And remove the "_x" from the filename, that's just there because I'm lazy and I had been fuxoring with the DARPA stuff.

Let me know how it goes.
Old 04-06-11, 11:59 AM   #22
RodBorza
Electrician's Mate

Default It's alive!!!

Molon Labe.
Thanks a lot.
It's working fine. The sub/torpedoes 3D models are working and they look better than ever.
I even tried to take some screenshots, but I don't know where the game stores them (or even if they are stored for that matter; maybe they all go to the Windows clipboard).

And how are things going with that DARPA stuff?
I really thought that was some of the Neal's April Fool's things.

Old 04-06-11, 12:15 PM   #23
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

You're welcome.

Screenshots are stored as bitmaps named "dump####.bmp" that usually appear in the DW base directory. Oddly, on my machine they appear in a DW directory other than the one that I actually use (due to modding and beta testing I have multiple installs) so it's possible they might appear somewhere else.

ACTUV is a fun little toy. Unfortunately they don't have their leaderboard up, and I think it's going to be the competition for the top spots that is going to bring out the "optimal" tactics, assuming the scoring system is working correctly. It might also be helpful if one of the DARPA guys would show up and discuss tactics and techniques with us ("we'd like to see what would happen if you tried x..."). It also has a decent number of updated models that we can use for the next mod version that I've already decompressed.
Old 04-06-11, 02:22 PM   #24
OneShot
Grey Wolf

That would be pretty neat ... (if someone from DARPA would drop in with suggestions). But then this might mess up the idea behind this "testing". After all, once you have a solution to a problem you tend to stick to it until it wont work anymore. So if someone came along with a tactic (or parts of it) and it worked there would be no incentive to come up with something yourself.

Something that might be interesting tho would be additional sets of parameters, for example complete mission x with minimum fuel expenditure possible while still achieving the mission goal. Or something like that.

Back to LwAmi ... as promised I'll have a separate (non-installer) package ready by the end of the weekend, maybe earlier.
Old 04-07-11, 12:04 AM   #25
RodBorza
Electrician's Mate

Default Screenshots to prove it.

Molon Labe,

Here are some screenshots of the new models you gave me.
Not the best cinematic shots ever, but are enough to show that the underwater 3D models are working and are better than ever.

Thanks again!

Last edited by RodBorza; 04-07-11 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Bad grammar!
Old 04-10-11, 01:56 PM   #26
OneShot
Grey Wolf

As promised - a new LwAmi 3.10 Package now just as a Zip file.

Get it here : http://www.commanders-academy.com/fo...do=file&id=171

Installing the Mod takes a few more steps but should work properly for everybody now.

One thing to keep in mind ... Win7 causes trouble when you install DW in the default folder (i.e. /Program Files/SCS/Dangerous Waters). To mitigate those problems please install DW somewhere else, for example c:/Games/Dangerous Waters.

Cheers
OS
Old 04-20-18, 03:45 PM   #27
Battlewagon3
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Default Still not working.

I'm using LWAMI 3.11, and the models are still now appearing in the game. This is not only true of the models from the plugin, with or without JSGME (modding the original databases using EWEdit, CMPUtil, and GRP). Even the smallest change to the 3D models is ineffective, including reskins of existing models. Even models that weren't modded disappear. In addition, all of the mods that I'm discussing here are done in a fulder on the desktop, not the DW install, as Steam requires DW to be installed in the Program Files (x86) folder (as far as I know). Does anyone have any new information on this? Thank you.

Incidentally, I have looked at the models provided in different graphics programs that I have, and they look fine.
Battlewagon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-18, 04:52 PM   #28
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlewagon3 View Post
I'm using LWAMI 3.11, and the models are still now appearing in the game. This is not only true of the models from the plugin, with or without JSGME (modding the original databases using EWEdit, CMPUtil, and GRP). Even the smallest change to the 3D models is ineffective, including reskins of existing models. Even models that weren't modded disappear. In addition, all of the mods that I'm discussing here are done in a fulder on the desktop, not the DW install, as Steam requires DW to be installed in the Program Files (x86) folder (as far as I know). Does anyone have any new information on this? Thank you.

Incidentally, I have looked at the models provided in different graphics programs that I have, and they look fine.
Seven years later... the thread arises from the dead!!!

edit> on a more helpful note...switch to Reinforce Alert (RA 1.44) at least it was updated Jan 11, 2018 http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4912
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-18, 01:08 PM   #29
Battlewagon3
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
Seven years later... the thread arises from the dead!!!

edit> on a more helpful note...switch to Reinforce Alert (RA 1.44) at least it was updated Jan 11, 2018 http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4912
I just downloaded it today. I'll let you know how I do when I reinstall everything (I uninstalled to avoid it while I get some work done). Thanks for the tip.
Battlewagon3 is offline   Reply With Quote