SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-09, 05:42 AM   #76
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
That's how I started in the first place. When I checked Rubini's cameras.dat for uzo, obs, attack peri except bino the value for "right" was not changed.. And if my memory serves, value for the bino didn't seemed to be a value calculated relative relation but just add 1 (which did look working but I had no way to measure if it was optimal aspect ratio).

The thing is, I tried to modify over Hitman's optics which tweaks FOV, and the magnification is also different, and this moves the center of stock scope view horizontally. It's not as simple as I first hoped to.
i am not sure i understand you but have you changed (at rubini's camera.dat) ALL the values of ,for example, attack peri or you changed only the viewport values ?
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 07:22 AM   #77
jimmie
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94
Quote:
That's how I started in the first place. When I checked Rubini's cameras.dat for uzo, obs, attack peri except bino the value for "right" was not changed.. And if my memory serves, value for the bino didn't seemed to be a value calculated relative relation but just add 1 (which did look working but I had no way to measure if it was optimal aspect ratio).

The thing is, I tried to modify over Hitman's optics which tweaks FOV, and the magnification is also different, and this moves the center of stock scope view horizontally. It's not as simple as I first hoped to.
i am not sure i understand you but have you changed (at rubini's camera.dat) ALL the values of ,for example, attack peri or you changed only the viewport values ?
I changed only "right" value for viewport... is there anything other than that?
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 09:15 AM   #78
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes,change all values at optical and cameraparams section for each one of obs,attack,uzo,bino
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 09:37 AM   #79
jimmie
Lieutenant

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes,change all values at optical and cameraparams section for each one of obs,attack,uzo,bino
Thanks for the input! I'll have to check them out... only sadly my PC's half dead (leaking capacitors) since a couple days ago and I've got only mac here so it'll have to wait
Old 02-06-09, 09:55 AM   #80
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Hi mates,

The Wscreen mod uses the cameras.dat from GWX3.0 (standard 8km). The unique values that I changed are the Viewport Right from 1 to 1.4 and the bino settings what are a bit different (the same must be made to periscope and uzo in the future, it is a bit more complicated but doable).

I don´t know how WS mod will behaviour with OLC mods because I yet don´t tested this combi. But it´s simple to do, just adjust all the viewport right parameters as described above (except bino, uzo and periscope because could be more complicated). Then all 3d wiews must work normally. Just remember that this is just a pre beta that will need all the modifications described in the first post to becomes complete.

Also I didn't found any solution for the sun halo problem. I guess that if some expert guys on scene.dat or light issues (like OLC, Anvart and DivingDuck) look at it probably they will find an easy solution, then the mod really will becomes very useful.

Cheers!

Rubini.
Old 02-06-09, 10:45 AM   #81
jimmie
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Hi mates,

The Wscreen mod uses the cameras.dat from GWX3.0 (standard 8km). The unique values that I changed are the Viewport Right from 1 to 1.4 and the bino settings what are a bit different (the same must be made to periscope and uzo in the future, it is a bit more complicated but doable).

I don´t know how WS mod will behaviour with OLC mods because I yet don´t tested this combi. But it´s simple to do, just adjust all the viewport right parameters as described above (except bino, uzo and periscope because could be more complicated). Then all 3d wiews must work normally. Just remember that this is just a pre beta that will need all the modifications described in the first post to becomes complete.

Also I didn't found any solution for the sun halo problem. I guess that if some expert guys on scene.dat or light issues (like OLC, Anvart and DivingDuck) look at it probably they will find an easy solution, then the mod really will becomes very useful.

Cheers!

Rubini.
So you didn't yet change the setting for scopes, right? I haven't tested with your original with GWX3.0 so I cannot be sure but I guess view in the scopes may still be stretched if you keep them not changed.. This may not quickly obvious since the view area in the scope is less than half of other screen and there's magnification and FOV involved as well.

Seeing what you did for bino, I first thought it might be relatively simple for scopes; just offsetting the center of the camera (screen center is no longer the center of view port) but it looks like it's not that simple. I painted cross hair in periscope tga so I could easily see how the scope center (in the camera) gets offset from the view port.

Anyway, it's still really nice find Thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge. I hope you (or someone) could find the math for the scopes (bino could be more "accurate," too)
Old 02-06-09, 12:54 PM   #82
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

jimmie,

Yeah, I didn't not touched the scopes (only the bino - IIRC) in this first pre beta. But i already adjusted the scopes to my own use and it's ok! So, like I said it's doable and also works well in correct aspect ratio.

So, these are not the problem, is just a matter of some work on them. IMHO, the problem is really with sunhalo. If we find a solution for it, them the WideScreen mode must deserves a great attention by the comunity and all the effort on it will be worthy.
Old 02-06-09, 09:37 PM   #83
Wildhawke11
Lieutenant

Downloads: 55

Thank you for the work you are putting in on this one
Danny
Wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 09:53 PM   #84
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Awesome work. Now my crews are leaner and the ships including my boat have shrunk to its original looks
Old 02-06-09, 11:12 PM   #85
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Hmm, I have my HIRES mod cfg set to 1440x900 and is working ok since the whole wide screen is displayed and the cursor disappears at the bottom and right, I enabled your mod Rubini & file goes in it's correct spot but no change, 3D view is still stretched, rotating antenna is still oval shaped.
A file compare shows that your Cameras.dat is the correct one. This is strange, I will try a different setting, 1680x1050, might try at 1024x768?
Edit: Ok I tried the above even removed the HIRES mod but no change, everything is stretched, what am I doing wrong?
Also I am running ATI Tray Tools, not running the CCC, don't know if this should effect it!

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 02-06-09 at 11:59 PM.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 07:59 AM   #86
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

I can definitely say that the HIRES mod works in all modes ok, Rubini's mod goes in ok to the proper place, I even tested now with GWX 2.1 Scene & Env files, but still no go, what else could cause the new Cameras.dat file not to work!!!!
Edit: I tried with a stock version of GWX 2.1 & even deleted the C:\Documents and Settings\Reece\My Documents\Sh3 folder but still no go!! Have set forced AA etc to Application controlled the removed ATI Tray Tools, rebooted, test fails, just tried with Stock 1.4b, failed!!

Last edited by Reece; 02-07-09 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-08-09, 04:30 AM   #87
SH999
Sailor man

Downloads: 3

I'll be eagerly watching this thread, signing up.

Thanks,
SH999.
SH999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-09, 07:31 PM   #88
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

This is the only thing that happens, I even took your setting Rubini & changed my Cameras.dat and both do the same:
Without WS Mod:

With WS Mod:

It is like it just zooms in closer, makes things larger, panning around all views are larger, seems like the aspect ratio is changing within the game, the image size is the same for both (1440x900), does the same for all resolutions.

Old 02-09-09, 01:20 AM   #89
SH999
Sailor man

Downloads: 3

Ok, so for the 1.6 aspect the top and the bottom of the picture will be cut out. I've seen the same in IL-2, but with TrackIR it's not much of annoyance there.

SH999.
SH999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 07:39 AM   #90
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Reece,

You are making something wrong. Do you saw others pics on this thread? The WS mod works correctly for all 3D views (except, for now, the UZO and periscope, but it's also adjustable).

Probably something to do with your monitor that could be enlarging the image (to fulfill the screen area) even if it are not at correct ws aspect ratio?