SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-21-18, 08:01 AM   #1
FoxiePanda
Nub

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Default WAC 5.0 Installation Help

Good morning/afternoon/evening, Kaleuns.

I have recently bought sh3 after playing a version of it for some time, and i wish to move from the GWX super-mod i was playing, to something more eye candy and with better AI, so i picked WAC 5.0, since it came out not very long ago.

Unfortunately I appear to be mentally challenged as I can't for the life of me figure out in which order - if it matters - to install WAC5.0, V16b1 patch, and a widescreen gui mod. On that note, I decided to come here to request some hand-holding from more experienced people before I get too angry with myself and with losing time.

What I require:
-WAC5.0
-V16b1
-Anything to make my game widescreen.

Any help is much appreciated.
FoxiePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 09:32 AM   #2
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxiePanda View Post
Good morning/afternoon/evening, Kaleuns.

I have recently bought sh3 after playing a version of it for some time, and i wish to move from the GWX super-mod i was playing, to something more eye candy and with better AI, so i picked WAC 5.0, since it came out not very long ago.

Unfortunately I appear to be mentally challenged as I can't for the life of me figure out in which order - if it matters - to install WAC5.0, V16b1 patch, and a widescreen gui mod. On that note, I decided to come here to request some hand-holding from more experienced people before I get too angry with myself and with losing time.

What I require:
-WAC5.0
-V16b1
-Anything to make my game widescreen.

Any help is much appreciated.
You need to, at the least, make sure to apply the 4Gb patch. WAC 5.0 will not work without that. You can apply that patch, along with quite a few nifty options, by using H.sie's hardcode fix.

Whether you use that, or a different 4Gb patch, the order to apply the mods (that works for me) are:

• WarAceCampaign 5.0
  • WAC5.0 Campaign_Atlantic_Baltic (assuming you're playing in the Atlantic, and not the Mediterranean)
  • WarAceCampaign 5.0 Patch_5.01
  • WAC5.01 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign (assuming you've used H.sie's hardcode fix)
  • Optimized WAC5.01 WideScreensGUI 1920x1080 Ahnenerbe
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 10:10 AM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

FoxiePanda!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 03:27 PM   #4
FoxiePanda
Nub

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post
You need to, at the least, make sure to apply the 4Gb patch. WAC 5.0 will not work without that. You can apply that patch, along with quite a few nifty options, by using H.sie's hardcode fix.

Whether you use that, or a different 4Gb patch, the order to apply the mods (that works for me) are:

• WarAceCampaign 5.0
  • WAC5.0 Campaign_Atlantic_Baltic (assuming you're playing in the Atlantic, and not the Mediterranean)
  • WarAceCampaign 5.0 Patch_5.01
  • WAC5.01 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign (assuming you've used H.sie's hardcode fix)
  • Optimized WAC5.01 WideScreensGUI 1920x1080 Ahnenerbe
Thanks a lot! I managed to get it working, and I have already sunk my first ship using this mod. One problem though, the draggable stopwatch doesn't seem to work whatever i'd do to it. Thanks again!
FoxiePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 11:27 AM   #5
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360

schlechter pfennig, I didn't see Commander. Do you use SH3 Commander ? I myself are getting ready to spend a rainy Sunday setting WAC 5.1 up.
Doolar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 03:17 PM   #6
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar Semler View Post
schlechter pfennig, I didn't see Commander. Do you use SH3 Commander ? I myself are getting ready to spend a rainy Sunday setting WAC 5.1 up.
I do use SH3 Commander, but there is a special "lite" mod for that which is required for WAC 5.0. So the Commander you use for WAC 5.0 needs to have jsgme installed in that Commander folder, and the "lite" mod then placed in that MOD folder.

As well, I often get CTDs using Commander, especially when I used WAC5.0 Full_Interior. Some settings cause problems (malfunctions/malfunctions & sabotage setting are one), while others, like fatigue, stop working if you save then reload the saved game, and hide hull integrity never does hide it (that might be because of the WAC5.01 WideScreensGUI 1920x1080 Ahnenerbe).
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-18, 07:53 AM   #7
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Downloads: 51

When your WAC file will be ready to play ( all installed )

Let me know if you can play with the campaign file and without ctd, thanks.

Tags
help needed badly