SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-18-17, 01:08 AM   #16
Sung
Developer

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

That game looks awsome and has a nice new gameplay.
I like it very much.

Go on with the good work!

SILENT DEPTH the submarine simulation for your mobile device
www.silentdepth.com
https://www.facebook.com/silentdepth/

Silent Depth Manual
Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 01:13 AM   #17
Xaron
Ensign

Downloads: 0

never mind... I had the impression this is a small dev thing so...

Last edited by Xaron; 09-18-17 at 01:33 PM.
Xaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 05:18 AM   #18
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

Very much so. There are still months of development work ahead. This small Dev team has one programmer, and he is very interactive on the UBoot Discord page. Changes have already been made as a result of input there. This game will have its own flavor. It won't be Silent Hunter 6, but it is going to be a great game.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 10:17 AM   #19
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Norholm View Post
+1 on the lack of damage effects, also why are some of the crew Hobbit sized!?
Hope it all gets sorted, looks like an interesting game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
yeah especialy at conning tower.
They aren't. Some of them are standing on the conning tower deck. The others are standing on the raised platforms for spotters. Watch again from the 4:00 minute mark where you walk from the wintergarten to the tower. You are also "hobbit-sized" until you step up onto the platform.
Old 09-18-17, 01:33 PM   #20
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

The foundation of this game is crew management, and as such, some who are used to the Silent Hunter series may not like the flavor. Personally, I find it refreshing.....especially the use of first person perspective.
Old 09-18-17, 06:47 PM   #21
qiaoyech
Watch

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
The foundation of this game is crew management, and as such, some who are used to the Silent Hunter series may not like the flavor. Personally, I find it refreshing.....especially the use of first person perspective.
Very much so! This speaks well for their creativity. Their small but dedicated team had certainly done the homework around the sub as well. It's my currently most anticipated game for next year.
qiaoyech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 11:43 AM   #22
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Amazing , I like it very much, well done
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 06:20 PM   #23
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Very much enthused by what I have seen! I am sure that, if the crewmen figures are too small, they will be resized before release.

I was glad to see survivors make an appearance for the first time - nice touch.

I also liked seeing sickness occurring - not enough games factor in human problems like that; obviously, a sick or unhappy crew will not be very effective at your end goal (sinking ships).

Really hoping for a wide variety of different merchant ships in the final version! Also, lots of dramatic particle effects (better fire, explosion, and torpedo hits).

Hopefully the torpedoes will not arm at close distances - the one fired in the video would probably have been a dud. Just a minor critism; great work.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 11:23 AM   #24
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 244

while I love indy games, it better not be some early release garbage ! I've wasted enough money on games that will never finish
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 09:16 AM   #25
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
while I love indy games, it better not be some early release garbage ! I've wasted enough money on games that will never finish
The opposite actually. The Steam community keeps wanting it released asap, but the Devs have months of work to do yet, and their publisher is backing them. When the game is released next year, it will be in good shape.
Old 09-25-17, 10:28 PM   #26
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
The opposite actually. The Steam community keeps wanting it released asap, but the Devs have months of work to do yet, and their publisher is backing them. When the game is released next year, it will be in good shape.

next year??

they seek perfection while the fan base loses interest. you can only dangle food in front of a dog so many times before it loses interest and knows you're teasing.

in all seriousness, id rather they took their time and released a good product. BUT... no matter what they release it will not make the whole community happy. lets face it... Silent Hunter III which was released in 2005 has been continuously modded and developed into its perpetual penultimate version over and over and over again. if they seek a perfect release it will never be released at all.

they have repeatedly pushed this release back. i was anxiously waiting release in April but here it is almost October and we are still waiting.

hell i would gladly write a lengthy review of the product to be published exclusively here at subsim in this dedicated sub forum just to be able to evaluate the current version of the build. of course i would have to feel the game out for about a week in order to do so. unfortunately, if anyone were to review it right now, it may be a substantially different game come release date.
Old 09-26-17, 05:15 AM   #27
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

When Uboot began its journey, it was a couple of guys with an idea, who were looking for funding to make that idea a reality. When a Publisher became interested, the game got fully funded and went in a new direction.

The Devs are not seeking perfection, but they are a small Dev team who have had to overcome the sad passing of a key member of the team. Another Dev was hospitalized recently but is now back on the project.

The game is very personal to them, and the release has been pushed into 2018. Based on the interest level in the Steam community, I think that it will sell well, and most of those stamping their feet like petulent children will end up buying the game when it's released, and will enjoy it hugely.
Old 09-26-17, 10:20 AM   #28
subsimlee
Mate

Downloads: 47
Default UBOOT GRAPHICS

Graphics look promising except for TORPEDO IMPACTS...Should be larger, throw water and debris in a far higher and vertical column with a fiery nucleus....The explosion should be slightly slower after initial impact and linger in the air a bit longer. I expect these are fine tuning points yet to be addressed but developers please remember that the whole goal of the simulation is the satisfaction of obtaining these TORPEDO IMPACTS....They require your full attention or you will loose the interest of simmers like me...( and by the way, I'm an ex Canadian submariner who served on British "A" boats and have seen it all first hand....)
Old 09-26-17, 10:25 AM   #29
nihilcat
UBOOT Dev

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsimlee View Post
Graphics look promising except for TORPEDO IMPACTS...Should be larger, throw water and debris in a far higher and vertical column with a fiery nucleus....The explosion should be slightly slower after initial impact and linger in the air a bit longer. I expect these are fine tuning points yet to be addressed but developers please remember that the whole goal of the simulation is the satisfaction of obtaining these TORPEDO IMPACTS....They require your full attention or you will loose the interest of simmers like me...( and by the way, I'm an ex Canadian submariner who served on British "A" boats and have seen it all first hand....)
Noted We will improve that for the next update.
nihilcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-17, 06:04 AM   #30
SS Norholm
Shark Hunter

Downloads: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihilcat View Post
Noted We will improve that for the next update.
There's not enough developers that listen to feedback, hats off to you guys!

Got to be honest, along with RDR2 this is also my most anticipated title of 2018 too.
The more i watch, the more i love the dark gritty awesome look to it and the graphics.