Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-10-10, 11:39 AM   #106
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Game probs frinik Txema and clarification from ZW

Frinik I didn't know Vista came with DX10 but from your experiences it doesn't look like that would be the problem.

Txema Your point about the patches may be very relevant. I assumed they were cululative and if you had a problem and had to reinstall then the Stock game followed by the last patch would be sufficient.

ZeeWolf
Could you clarify this please, I have not seen any information regarding the need to have each patch installed in order I assumed each issue built on the last and rounded all the improvements and fixes as we go (i.e. last patch included all). If not so this may explain my Hannomag reload/repair problem not working for me
(if this was issued in the Xmas gift which I didn't incorporate).
Apologies if this has been explained before somewhere and I didn't read it (I have previous convictions for this).
If the Hannomag is to work I may need to reinstall all patches again with the Xmas issue/Gift.

Very grateful for your patience and reply. (PS I don't want to stop you working on
Kursk for long!)
Best Regards Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 12:10 PM   #107
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Hi morttheslayer, frinik

Sorry Txema i forgot you in the headline.

As more of you have problems with installation i show you how i did.

At the beginning of this thread i downloaded all updates from ZW (for every download i recieved an e.mail from ZW)

1, fresh install of TvT

2, ZW_Mods with Msvcr_Files

3, frinik gave me a tip not to install MO_Mission6_v2.These files were from "Christmas gift".
If you install thes missions there wil lbe conflicts in the future install of patches.

Continued to install

4, ZW_MO_T34vTigerUpdate_v1

5, ZW_MO_T34vTigerUpdate_v1B

6, and ZW s last update ZW_MO_T34vTigerUpdate_v2B

After my installation i had no more trouble with game.

Hope this will help too.

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 01:09 PM   #108
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by morttheslayer View Post
Frinik I didn't know Vista came with DX10 but from your experiences it doesn't look like that would be the problem.

Txema Your point about the patches may be very relevant. I assumed they were cululative and if you had a problem and had to reinstall then the Stock game followed by the last patch would be sufficient.

ZeeWolf
Could you clarify this please, I have not seen any information regarding the need to have each patch installed in order I assumed each issue built on the last and rounded all the improvements and fixes as we go (i.e. last patch included all). If not so this may explain my Hannomag reload/repair problem not working for me
(if this was issued in the Xmas gift which I didn't incorporate).
Apologies if this has been explained before somewhere and I didn't read it (I have previous convictions for this).
If the Hannomag is to work I may need to reinstall all patches again with the Xmas issue/Gift.

Very grateful for your patience and reply. (PS I don't want to stop you working on
Kursk for long!)
Best Regards Mort
First Thanks LC and others for your help,
The Hanomag must be well within 20 meters to resupply. The "b" key must
be assigned to the "Mountain Brake" .
As for the install sequence that LC has provided I would encourage you to
try it. I am currently working on the problem that is apparent to a few of
you and it seems not a ""across the board" issue.

I will report when I have a more concise/precise assessment towards this issue.

Thanks again and all the best,
ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 02:13 PM   #109
Luftace
Watch

Downloads: 30

Thnx Txema and Lc, I will give those a try and see what happens. Yesterday, I did a fresh reinstall, including wiping the registry as mort had suggested, and only installed the v2B update with the msvcr files and still had the same crash. Even though Vista comes with DX10, I downloaded DX9c anyways and installed. The .dll files for DX9 are in my System32 folder, but it hasn't made any difference as far as I can tell, namely not fixing my crashes in any way. Anywho, will try those install methods and report back.
Luftace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 04:13 PM   #110
morttheslayer
Soundman

Thanks for reply and info ZeeWolf Lc Txema

Appreciate your replies ZW and guys, I will as you say assign the key.
I installed patches same as LC and only problem after a glitch was the
Hannomag - to which ZW has given a specific pointer.

Best of luck Luftace it can be frustrating (get the schnapps out)!!
Over and Out Mort
Old 02-10-10, 11:25 PM   #111
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Problems with Installs

Mort,Luftace, Lc, Txema, ZW, perhaps it would be good if you explained what the problem is with your installs so the rest of us can know whether or not we are having the same problem.This way we can avoid other people comign later and asking the same questions. Since we're all in the same tank, so-to-speak. might as well share the problems.

Here's my problem. I have 2 installs of TvsT; the main install on my own laptop is working well with all ZW mods installed and working. But when I tried upgrading my back-up game on my wife's laptop( a less performing model) I experienced crashes. I installed Tigers Shake Kurtenki, mission C2m6 and then ZW's latest, fixed new German mission.The install would go well and the game would open normally but when loading a mission instead of getting the click on the mouse to start mission prompt the game would crash and I get a critical error message without any explanation.I've tried everything, uninstalling ZW's mod, new installs etc and re-installing with or without the free first mission , with and without the C2m6(both versions the freebie and the members only).No go ! The moment I install the latest version and get the ZW logo and homepage pic ( nice touch) I end up with the same crash problem.

Are you having the same problem?
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 11:55 PM   #112
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Default Stock Mission update for ZW's v2B

Guys I would like you to try something. I think the "content.script" needs updating to the new AI tanks. So I took the stock files excluding Russian Mission one and German Mission 1 and 6 and replaced the stock AI tanks with my AI tanks.

USE IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING IN-GAME PROBLEMS WITH v2B ONLY !

Here is the link:

http://www.tanksimzw.com/ZW_MO_T34vTiger_v2B_Patch.zip

It is a very small file 272KB and is the standard Auto installer.

This may help but for sure I can eliminate it as a potential problem with
certainty

Cheers
ZW

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 02-11-10 at 12:39 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-11-10, 01:50 AM   #113
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default V2B patch zip?

Zee just to be on the safe side, is this intended only if you have problems installing your mods or can we apply it to an install working well with your modss?
Old 02-11-10, 04:05 AM   #114
LcSummers
XO

Default Hi members

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Zee just to be on the safe side, is this intended only if you have problems installing your mods or can we apply it to an install working well with your modss?

Frinik, thats a very good question. I will wait until ZW responds.

I have two copies in my Lighthouse folder:

TvT (

and "copy of TVT".

This a simple backup of my running game. If i have error messages, i can delete that "ruined" game, make another copy of "copy of TVT" and rename it TvT. So i do not have to make a fresh install every time.
I had never trouble to run it again.

Have you tried to copy your running game on that of your wifes one. Make a fresh install of TvT on your wifes pc, then copy contents of your running game on your wifes laptop.
What Os does she has?

LC

Last edited by LcSummers; 02-11-10 at 04:29 AM.
Old 02-11-10, 06:41 AM   #115
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Installs

Lc; you're giving me good ideas! Thnaks. Actually my wife OS is almost the same one I have, she has Vista Home Edition and I have Vista Premium HE.But your suggestion of running 2 applications of the game makes sense as long I keep them in separate folders( says the C and the D rather than both in the C).This way I could save myself the trouble of doing serial re-installs. But I like your idea of copying my well running game on top of the one on my wife's laptop.

I'll try that and report!But there's one nagging doubt in my mind.When I installed ZW's latest mod on the install ( which was working well)on my wife's laptop it crashed... I wonder if the idea that you proposed earlier to install the mods in logical sequence; V1, V1B, V2B is not the right solution?????

Thanks for the good ideas.I'll try to not let the urge to play the game overcome my resolution to dedicate myself to fixing my back-up game.
Old 02-11-10, 10:28 AM   #116
LcSummers
XO

Default Installs

Hello

I wonder if the idea that you proposed earlier to install the mods in logical sequence; V1, V1B, V2B is not the right solution?????

This install works on my Win7 PC perfectly, probably vista is making problems.

I dont want to go to far away but i think that Vista makes a lot of trouble. I never had it in mind to buy a copy. My brother too had trouble with Vista. Now he has Win 7 too. I dont want to say that Win 7 is perfect, but much better than vista and XP.

Frinik, i dont know much about Vista when a copy of a game is in one folder but i think it doesent matter. My origin ZW moded TvT game is in D:\programs\ lighthouse interactive\TvT.

Here i rightclicked (mouse) and made in same folder a copy of TvT. Important is that it has to have another foldername (i.e TvTcopy or TvTmoded or what you like.)

Important is the first install. If your TvT is ruined delete it with rightklick, do not delete it via uninstalling programm because this would delete registry too. Then make a rightclick on TvTcopy copy it and paste it in the same folder.
You should have "TvT copy of copy" This rename in TvT and it works again.

Her is my installation
D:\programs\ lighthouse interactive\TvT (origin first install with working ZW mods)
then
D:\programs\ lighthouse interactive\TvT and TvTcopy. You only have to choose another name.
Sure its going on a C:\ as well as you like.

Hope its not too much information

regards

LC
Old 02-11-10, 12:23 PM   #117
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

I do the same.So much easier to have a back up of the TvT folder for when things go a bit wrong.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 03:24 PM   #118
morttheslayer
Soundman

Default Game problems and installation

Hello ZeeWolf, & fellow Tankers
Notes/Comments on installations:
I have installed all patches in order of issue. I didn't install the Xmas Gift or ZW mods patch. When I did commit to install, I made the assumption each patch issued would include all the updates of the last patch - BUT to be sure I didn't foul up, I installed the patches as per ZW issue to Project members (i.e. not general release).

To be clear then this is the Stock Game "out of the box" (check run OK) then install (Project Memmbers) patch v1-B then patch v1-2B. The reason for not installing v1 before 1B was I believed that ZW uplifted 1 to 1B to correct bug/prob issue and 1-B was a reworked v1 (complete that is)
thus v1 not necessary!! I could be wrong here but most of my stuff
except Hannomag) works OK, and sometimes have a minor problem selecting anything other than the driver position.
I didn't install the Xmas Gift as I saw the problems emerging reported by various Forum members, some Project members, some not. So I thought I'd "keep my powder dry" and go for it later when all major issues were resolved (saying this I realise as ZW said there's always something!).

Anyway I'm quite happy to try ZW new patch but will await ZWs reply to frinik re trying patch - even if we are having no problems. I don't have a problem trying anything really!
Basically it's not a massive pain to go back to square one and start again - (if all goes swimmingly). I still didn't identify my particular graphics problem BTW but it certainly kept me busy for a bit getting it all back running OK. Therefore I understand your frustration Frinik. You'll possibly solve it and not know what the "specific" cause was, hopefully you can ,and it will be another marker for ZW.

I will keep a log in future of install sequence and resulting problems if any.
Happy to report at present that in my case there are only minor issues not worth worrying about like odd tank behaviour in certain circumstances possibly a scripting problem needs a tweak!?
My main missing asset is the Hannomag reload/repair capability.
I have bound the B key to replace the ! command, I have used the B key as secondary input to the main ! brake command (in settings menu), and also used the standard ! halt command followed by a B key command (where B is not assigned to anything), and even, as a last resort, chased the treacherous hannomag driver around to get within the magic 20 metres but as yet no success. I'm not worried as I always have enough
ammo NOW! But I might need more at Kursk!! Anyway I haven't finished trying to get this to work yet!

What I would love ZW to do (please Mr Zee!!) is to issue a "final" patch with all updates so we can keep this segregated for reloading if we have future problems (possibly as we go into the Kursk Project stage) especially for idiots like me!

If this isn't possible (too long to do!!) perhaps a list of all relevant essential patches and links when this phase has finished; so members can D/L from here for same reason.

An observation for frinik my graphics took a hit at higher resolutions above 1024x768 and my card is not so bad (GeForce 9800GTX+) so Frinik don't be too down-hearted. Also running shadows at 50% seems to work better for me - still get shadows so scenery
nice but FPS slight increase.
Lc just obviously has too much money Har Har! so doesn't have to worry about FPS on his rig(s).
Always good to read all comments, we all have a joint interest and I love what the game could be.
Over and Out for now - Mort
Old 02-11-10, 11:46 PM   #119
frinik
Grey Wolf

Hello Mortslayer,Lc and fellow ZW Tankers,

Just for the record, I am not frustrated with the little problems, merely annoyed but also philosophical.I haven't encountered yet the perfect game of any kind that does not have issues, bugs and that doesn't need patches.No I am more puzzled by the fact that once you have an install which has most if not all the problems fixed why would a game not start?????

Anyway as I told ZW I am going to make a new install on my external hard drive and try installing ZW's latest mod without at first the Xmas gift(Tigers Shake Kurtenki) as you did and with ZW's suggested files and if it works well then I'll install the Xmas gift and report the final result to see fi there are any remaining problems or was it merely my own lack of expertise that created the problem..

ZW for reasons of convenience do you think it would be possible to have on your website a folder which would contain all your mods up to current and which would only be accessible to your members using individual or collective password? That would save us having to retrieve downloads which sometimes are broken or looking at previous emails to find the right link?Or alternately - as smartly suggested by Mort - having a final patch that encompasses all the various versions of your latest release would be great and save ZW and us lot's of time.

Re the FPS againt I am philosophical, as long as my game runs well at 8 or 9FPS I am happy!

BTW I wanted to share a little bit of tank history with you guys;

I read an article on the Koenigstiger(Tiger II) and apparently there was a proposal made by Henschel( the main manufacturer of the Tiger II and today a leading manufacturer/exporter of trains and rail cars) to create what they called Klein Tiger (Little Tiger but I would call it Tiger Cub)) in December 1944.It would have weighed a mere 33 tons( less than half the size of it's Big Brother and 1/3 lighter than a Panther) and would have been powered by a Maybach 230/P30 engine producing 630 hp.It would have had 80 mm ( a little over 3 inches) of sloped front armour and 160 mm ( over 6 inches) of new layered armour.It was to have been equipped with a Krupp 100 mm PanzerwurfKanone) able to penetrate 200 mm of armour at 100 metres distance and 160 mm at 1000 metres.The end of the war, shortages of materials combined with the destruction of German industrial capacity meant the project remained on paper.It would have been a formidable weapon; fast, well armoured, excellent gun and consuming less steel and fuel.It came one year too late!

Unfortunately, no blueprints or plans survive.My hunch is that it may have looked like a cross between the KT and the Panther.

Best Rs
Old 02-12-10, 01:48 AM   #120
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Greetings fellow Tankers,

I have to confess that v2B was a replacement (updated and filled with all the
previous ZW missions minus the bugs) for all previous Members Only releases.
And if I make available the previous MO releases I think it would just add to
the confusion. But if you think you need them just e-mail me and I will give you the link to them again.
Regardless of your situation the great news is: progress has been made to the point the bug plague is over and the tech details with installing are the show stoppers now, for the moment. These as well have their days numbered and I think you all will agree. Never the less Kursk will be the apex of all or hard and long hours of work. There is no way I could have done what has been done to T34 vs Tiger with out you guys and believe me I appreciate you.

For the duration and then some,
ZW