Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-09-10, 10:54 AM   #91
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Wish list for TvsT

Hello Zeewolf and Frinik some of this you've seen before from others.

My wish list if ZeeWolf can possibly (and kindly) incorporate in the sim is:

1. Artillary strikes (not sure if random is possible) but maybe triggered by a % of enemy/friendlies advancing.

2. Although I have doubts about aircraft behaviour (i.e. they seemed to be put in for window dressing and if programmed to do too much will give a CPU/GPU hit possibly?), but either airstikes on foreward positions or strafing columns (of either side) would be nice.

3. Controlling wingmen - again nice if simple controls can be achieved like - advance retreat - stop but have doubts if possible.

4. As you have all said, a crew bailout would be nice.

5. Agree with Frinik, several times I have tried "tree removal" with HE so I can get clear shot sometimes it works mostly it doesn't and I waste mmo. So a damage model increase for moving more mud or firewood would be excellent.

6. Infantry behaviour, all real engagements feature combined elements like soldiers supporting their tank force when advancing. Be nice to see a large contingent (depending on good FPS - if possible) of troops advancing with tanks sometimes. It would be good to see after a battle troops of either side surrender when possibly triggered by % loss of respective armour/troops/equipment.
Russians would expend large numbers of soldiers often as cannon fodder so a large advance of troops would be brilliant.

7. I don't know how difficult it would be to introduce weather effects like rain or snow.
Snow would be brilliant with (yes another wish) winter landscape.
I realise this has been mentioned before and outside scope of Kursk, but would be awesome for a full 12 month year round campaign possibility.

8. A long range mission (if any are created in future) would be fantastic if fuel consumption were modelled and a refuel capacity (fuel bowser) available. I know I'm pushing my luck now now ZeeWolf!!!!HAR
but offered for an aditional option. I mean you wouldn't like it if we
weren't interested now would you.
Don't know what is practically possible with this sim but best of wishes to ZeeWolf and I await his works with great interest. My fear is not enough members to keep ZeeWolf in operation for all these wishes and of course time is a big factor. No good chasing Dragons because you (Zee) can only do what is practicable at the end of the day.
Best Wishes and Respect Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 11:55 AM   #92
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Lc the key is F9.You'll see a long column of number appearing on the upper left side of your screen with the FPS being the first on top.Just press F9 again to erase from your screen.

Hi frinik

thanks give it a try, then report

FPS varies as most mentioned but lowest is 11 to22 and highest with not much action but all in outside view 35 fps (1280x1024 with all set to maximum)

LC

Last edited by LcSummers; 02-09-10 at 12:07 PM.
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 12:23 PM   #93
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by morttheslayer View Post
Hello Zeewolf and Frinik some of this you've seen before from others.

My wish list if ZeeWolf can possibly (and kindly) incorporate in the sim is:

1. Artillary strikes (not sure if random is possible) but maybe triggered by a % of enemy/friendlies advancing.

2. Although I have doubts about aircraft behaviour (i.e. they seemed to be put in for window dressing and if programmed to do too much will give a CPU/GPU hit possibly?), but either airstikes on foreward positions or strafing columns (of either side) would be nice.

3. Controlling wingmen - again nice if simple controls can be achieved like - advance retreat - stop but have doubts if possible.

4. As you have all said, a crew bailout would be nice.

5. Agree with Frinik, several times I have tried "tree removal" with HE so I can get clear shot sometimes it works mostly it doesn't and I waste mmo. So a damage model increase for moving more mud or firewood would be excellent.

6. Infantry behaviour, all real engagements feature combined elements like soldiers supporting their tank force when advancing. Be nice to see a large contingent (depending on good FPS - if possible) of troops advancing with tanks sometimes. It would be good to see after a battle troops of either side surrender when possibly triggered by % loss of respective armour/troops/equipment.
Russians would expend large numbers of soldiers often as cannon fodder so a large advance of troops would be brilliant.

7. I don't know how difficult it would be to introduce weather effects like rain or snow.
Snow would be brilliant with (yes another wish) winter landscape.
I realise this has been mentioned before and outside scope of Kursk, but would be awesome for a full 12 month year round campaign possibility.

8. A long range mission (if any are created in future) would be fantastic if fuel consumption were modelled and a refuel capacity (fuel bowser) available. I know I'm pushing my luck now now ZeeWolf!!!!HAR
but offered for an aditional option. I mean you wouldn't like it if we
weren't interested now would you.
Don't know what is practically possible with this sim but best of wishes to ZeeWolf and I await his works with great interest. My fear is not enough members to keep ZeeWolf in operation for all these wishes and of course time is a big factor. No good chasing Dragons because you (Zee) can only do what is practicable at the end of the day.
Best Wishes and Respect Mort
Thanks mort for your great interest and ideas. Both you and frinik can read
my mind
I'm sure with Kursk you will agree I'm on the right track.

thanks guys
ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 01:01 PM   #94
Luftace
Watch

Downloads: 30
Default still crashing

Ok guys, finally got around to installing the members 2B update, and I'm still having the same problems as before. I have added all .dll files into the main tvt folder as instructed. I have cleared the cache and restarted after updating and still get the c++ runtime error. When I go to the more details tab that microsoft brings up about the program having to close unexpectedly, it only points to one of two files: engine.dll or controls.dll. Below is what I copied and pasted of one such message. The other message is almost identical with the only exception I notice is the Controls.dll being replaced with Engine.dll instead.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TvsT.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4892f14e
Fault Module Name: Controls.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 48899ad9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0033ba8a
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701 Laptop
Os: Vista 64bit Home Premium, Service Pack 1; updated as of 29 Jan., 2010
Intel Core 2Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
4GB DDR3 RAM
200GB HD
Nvidia GeForce 9700M GTS TurboCache 512MB
DirectX10
Luftace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 01:29 PM   #95
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Default DirectX 9c on Win 7 (64bit)?

Hi Luftace, I was wondering can you install DirectX 9c on Win 7 (64bit)?
I would like to know as much as possible about Win 7 (32 and 64 bit)
so I can be a greater help to you guys.

ATB

ZW
Old 02-09-10, 01:37 PM   #96
LcSummers
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Hi Luftace, I was wondering can you install DirectX 9c on Win 7 (64bit)?
I would like to know as much as possible about Win 7 (32 and 64 bit)
so I can be a greater help to you guys.

ATB

ZW

Hi ZW

i am using Win7 (32bit). TvT uses DX 9c. Everything works fine on my pc.
Its a mixture of winxp and some kind of Vista but much much better and faster.

Even my old games IL2 1946 modded, SH4 running well and are much nicer in graphics too.
What kind of more information do you need?

LC
Old 02-09-10, 02:27 PM   #97
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
Hi ZW

i am using Win7 (32bit). TvT uses DX 9c. Everything works fine on my pc.
Its a mixture of winxp and some kind of Vista but much much better and faster.

Even my old games IL2 1946 modded, SH4 running well and are much nicer in graphics too.
What kind of more information do you need?

LC
That is the kind of thing I like to hear, I was thinking (looking in the future)
that this is the OS to move to. I can see a greater future for T vs T when
the most current OS [Win 7 32bit] runs TvsT at an improved performance over the native OS that it was created on.
If I have more specific questions I will turn to you, but for now your positive report is a huge endorsement for the future of T34 vs Tiger.

Thanks LC
ZW
Old 02-09-10, 02:36 PM   #98
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

I have found Win 7 64 to be much better for games ZW.It seems to be quicker plus it runs games I have that would NOT work on Vista 64.

Maybe they got it right this time?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 02:45 PM   #99
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I have found Win 7 64 to be much better for games ZW.It seems to be quicker plus it runs games I have that would NOT work on Vista 64.

Maybe they got it right this time?

Ok Chucky, that's huge plus for Win7 32bit AND Win7 64bit!
I am very delighted to hear that, and yes maybe they DID get it right this time.

Thanks Chucky

ZW
Old 02-09-10, 03:32 PM   #100
morttheslayer
Soundman

Default Luftace game crash

Hi Luftace, this will probably be as much use as a chocolate fireguard but I had what I thought to be big problems as well - mostly graphics and got resolved by double installing and double modding! I cleared the cach each install and made sure each stage ran as well as the original initial install.
This after checking registry (regit on my OS - XP) for any duplicate files
left. If there are after uninstalling they appear as G5 software if you check Reg "before" you tamper you will ID them and see what I mean.
I see you updated you ver of Win (Vista) not long ago, obvious question did it run OK before and after your SP update? Also do you have to have DX10? have you thought about reverting to DX9c?
I can only wish you the best of luck with it mate. Hope to hear you have it beat soon.
ATB Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 11:34 PM   #101
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Direct9Xc

Mort with Vista when you install TvsT you get the message that installing DirectX9c is impossible.Windows won't let you do it( whether as administrator or regular user). I get the message that it's already installed( I have DirectX10). It seems that it is incorporated into Vista.At least with my install CD that's what happens.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 03:50 AM   #102
LcSummers
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
That is the kind of thing I like to hear, I was thinking (looking in the future)
that this is the OS to move to. I can see a greater future for T vs T when
the most current OS [Win 7 32bit] runs TvsT at an improved performance over the native OS that it was created on.
If I have more specific questions I will turn to you, but for now your positive report is a huge endorsement for the future of T34 vs Tiger.

Thanks LC
ZW

Your welcome

I used XP for nearly 8 years and was content with it.
But now as i am using Win 7 i would not change it back to the old OS. It s sure i had some problem with my scanner but after resolving it everything is allright. I have an old printer too epson dc 870 and win 7 downloaded me a driver, it works.

The only thing i had to remove was my old gameport (Creative Soundblaster) and by me a new Joystick with usb.

Win 7 is stable and now i am very confident.

LC
Old 02-10-10, 04:08 AM   #103
pedromarques
Swabbie

Downloads: 245

It just may seem a dream but wouldn´t it be nice to have a FAMO half truck for repair and recovery duty? And what about some motorcycles for comunication duties, or radio and command posts vehicles?
It seems I wan't a living world on TVT...

PS: and most important of all, a Panther
pedromarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 04:36 AM   #104
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

Luftace,

I have been having problems also with the new update. I solved them by doing this:

1) Unisntall T34 vs Tiger from your computer completely
2) Install T34 vs Tiger
3) Install 1B update
4) Install 2B update

Please, report the results here.

In my case it seems that BOTH updates are necessary. I guess that the 2B update has some missing files that are included in the 1B update...

Let us know if it works for you !!

Txema
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 06:11 AM   #105
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Game Crashes

Txema, thanks for the tip.I am having a problem installing ZW's latest B2 verison on a fresh install on another laptop.Didn't have that problem with my main game install on my regular laptop.The game loads normally but instead of getting the click " prompt to start the mission the whole game crashes with a critical error message but without any indication what's the cause of the crash .I'll try it your way to see if it makes any difference( i hope I can still find the links for version 1B and 2B....

Re wish list. We can always dream and some of our dreams may actually come true or be realistic in the sense that the game engine and mission editor allow it. I have a feeling that Kursk is going to bring us lot's of pleasant and unexpected surprises.

My own dream of it is ; my zug consisting of 3 Tigers early model(it's July 1943), 3 Panthers( early model as well) and another 6 Panzer IVF2s or Stug40 as a spearhead.Behind, a motley of Panzer IIIJ, Stug III D and troop carriers and trucks with AT guns in tow follow.
All of a sudden, a few kilometres before reaching the fortified, Soviet artillery and infantry entrechments, a Soviet tank brigade( 60 tanks composed of T34/76, KV1s, Kv2s,Mathildas and Mark IIIs) comes out of nowhere and charges the zug from 1200 metres.A fierce tank battle ensues. After 15 minutes or so the victorious zugs forges ahead and faces the first line of Soviet defence.Well dug-in a AT guns emplacements( make it a dozen.Sky's the limit when you dream...) with infantry and MGs,. After waiting for the infantry and support tanks(PzIII and Stugs), the spearhead starts picking the AT guns from 1000 metres while the infantry protected by the Panzer III storms the entrenchments.The first line of defence is finally neutralised.The Tigers, Panthers and Panzer IVs powerful HE shells have pounded the Reds guns into oblivion and crushed the infantry.A couple of kilometres further another Soviet line of defence stretches for a kilometre just at the edge of a thick forest. Field artillery( 105 mm ), backed by 120 mm mortars and dug-in T34/76s and Kv1s( No KVv85, T34/85 or SU85 yet in summer 1943) and an infantry regiment await the attacking Germans.To make matters worse the desparate Bolsheviks call in a dozen more tanks(KV1s) to surprise the German zug from the rear and break the attack .

I'll let you decide the outcome of such a battle....

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote